Options

Replies

• LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have races to run and medals to earn.

And Zombies. Don't forget the zombies.

stole the words right from my mouth

oh and human obstacles.....that step on you!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Well I'm already addicted to running...but I like to "train" for something. The last two years it was the Warrior Dash. I was training for the Tough Mudder this year but was in a small fender bender and got whip lash....so I'm "re-starting" Still have some healing to do in my neck & back....so I am now training for a half marathon (since I still cannot do all the jumping involved in the Tough Mudder boot camp workouts). Having a goal to work towards is very motivating.....I believe I will run in the Reindeer Romp (haha) on December 8th as part of my training; I'm supposed to run a 5k at week 6 and that fits the schedule.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Stop watch - even though it's competing against myself I need a target to beat.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I run for food. I love to eat and running is a great to let me eat more. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy running but if I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight sitting on the couch. I would do that.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Like a few others have said - I run for food.

But, I also have to say that what gets me out there right now is remembering that this time last year, I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath. And now, I can run.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My playlist and the fact that I can take 30-40 minutes to be by myself with just my music playing...
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't really know.... I just love it and it's hard for me to remember not loving it. I haven't even been running for a year yet but it's here to stay and I don;t ever want to not run again.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    getting rid of the stress, if I run long enough I can get all the things through my head and discard the meaningless stuff.
    Stops cravings for a while too as I cannot eat after I ran, I need a good hour and a half, so combined with one hour running, plus prep, you are looking at a good 2hours+ window where I am not eating or thinking about eating!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    God, I LOVE to run!! It's the most challenging, humbling, rewarding, revitalizing, butt-kicking thing EVER!!! I run 6 days a week, early morning as possible to stoke me for the day. While many women my age are getting wider in the rear end and resigning themselves to growing "old", I am as slender as a girl and have amazing strength, energy and stamina. I don't run to eat more, I have my eating habits completely under control. What motivates me is the fitness factor, foremost, and sometimes, the looks I get from my friends who don't run. :bigsmile: They tell me it's going to kill my knees, my joints, blah blah, yada yada. Whatever. :yawn: :wink:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The runner's high, the fresh air, the feeling of accomplishment!
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Running is my ME time. When I get stressed instead of eating I go run. I love the runner's high after (as someone else said) but the big thing that motivates me is just being out there in my own world. I solve a lot of the world's problems while I'm running..: ) lol.

Training for races is also another big motivator. I just did my first half last week and it was awesome to train for that. I will be doing more in the spring. I do a lot of 5k's and 10k's that keep me motivated throughout the year.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The ability to increase my endurance/stamina for just about anything. I'm able to now breathe better now that I've started running.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love the solitude. What really motivates me, though, is food.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I ran track (1 mile and 2 mile races) for 2 years of high school. I wasn't a big fan of it then. Fast forward 20+ years, and I'm really, really enjoying it. For me, I get the runner's high, definitely. And it's the best cardio workout for me, in terms of the amount of calories burned in the time I put in.

But I think the biggest reason I enjoy it is competing with myself. I've been running 5Ks and am going to run my first 10K in February. I'm always trying to better my time. It's fun to push myself to see what I can do.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love the solitude. What really motivates me, though, is food.
    That, and the way my *kitten* looks in these size 6 jeans.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Absolutely training for a race. I only do 5k's so far, but having a goal of beating my previous time is always in my head when I'm running or debating going to the gym the next morning. Also, food. I love to eat (and drink occasionally.) So I'll gladly run a few miles if it means I can dig into my kids' Halloween candy or have a few drinks at a party.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Uhm, I hate cardio. With a passion. And running makes me pee myself.

What motivates me? Lifting heavy and seeing new muscles poke out at me to say hi during a rest break. :D
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lots...

I run for food
    I run in search of the perfect run
    I run to train for races
    I run for the after affects. It makes me feel better emotionally. It's great for depression.
    I run to lose weight
    I run because my friends do
    I run to try to better my pace.
    I run to hear my feet hit the pavement in an eerily quiet area. (pat pat pat pat pat. I hear it above my music. When I notice it, I have to take my headphones out and listen for awhile.)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I run because I love how it's shaping my legs.

I run because I love winning medals.

I run because I love running solo and feeling like nothing or no one can touch me.

I run for wine!
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I run because when I started, I got made fun of. And now, I sometimes get checked out. And having total "me time" is amazing.