Holiday Sabotage ....... be prepared or wear sweatpants

Options
2»

Replies

• piersons
    piersons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent post! I am definitely dreading the holidays but a game plan should help keep me on track.
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Have I told you lately how awesome sauce you are?? Well YOU are!!! Check and Check..Printing this out to be my holiday food intake guide! Woo Hooo...no stretchy pants for Chuckle!!!

Chuckle N Dwindle you shut your sexy mouth!!!! LOL. :bigsmile:
    I got to stay on this or I will be going to work in stretch pants!!
    Baby got back!!!
  • lsulli2004
    lsulli2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post! I will be thinking about everything you've said as I make my plates on those holidays. Thank you!!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit like a hypocrite this Holiday season. I'm trying to lose weight by eating healthy and exercising but my gift every year to everyone else is baked goodies. I may have to rethink this.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Haha this is AWESOME! Well written and witty, but painfully true! I have about the same schedule as you too: 3 birthdays, Halloween party (yes another one this weekend), Thanksgiving, Wedding, Christmas, New Years...and of course almost all of the holidays are doubled since we have to visit both my family and my husband's family. Initiate nom-fest. I'm so glad I found this though, some good tips. Thanks and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My favorite sentence in this post:

"Christmas is about Jesus.... and not trying to end up looking like Santa."

because CHRISTmas really is about Jesus.

Good luck to you as you set out to conquer these next couple of months!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Haha this is AWESOME! Well written and witty, but painfully true! I have about the same schedule as you too: 3 birthdays, Halloween party (yes another one this weekend), Thanksgiving, Wedding, Christmas, New Years...and of course almost all of the holidays are doubled since we have to visit both my family and my husband's family. Initiate nom-fest. I'm so glad I found this though, some good tips. Thanks and good luck! :flowerforyou:

Yes, lol.... being truthful with myself is usually really painful!!! :wink:

Cheers!!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing a post that is not about making excuses why its OK to eat all you want because its a special occasion!!

This is the same thing I did last year and lost weight over the holiday season and because I made my own delicious healthy food, I didnt feel cheated in the slightest! The holidays are about family not food!!!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That feel when you always bulk during the winter so even after eating all that food you still need to eat another 1,000 calories to fit your macros.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Seven meals over such a stretched period of time isn't enough to sabotage you or anything even worth stressing about.
    Just enjoy your smaller portions, eat right inbetween the events and enjoy the season! :drinker:
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit like a hypocrite this Holiday season. I'm trying to lose weight by eating healthy and exercising but my gift every year to everyone else is baked goodies. I may have to rethink this.

This is so true! Even the Medifast ladies and the part time trainer at my job bring in decadent goodies during all the holidays...I don't see them actually eating them though.HMMMMM......
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Haha! This made me laugh because this is exactly what I do. I'm the baked goods and cookie queen at work and at my church. I put these tins together of chocolate-covered pretzels, chocolate-dipped everything, cookies, peanut butter balls, rice krispy treats drizzled in chocolate and powdered sugar, etc and etc. it's wonderful... but oh so not healthy. LOL.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Seven meals over such a stretched period of time isn't enough to sabotage you or anything even worth stressing about.
    Just enjoy your smaller portions, eat right in between the events and enjoy the season! :drinker:

Its a great idea in theory! But I am not someone who needs to tempt myself or slow down my progress :) I will end up quiting.
    Seven meals can easily put you back 10lbs when they are in a two month period.

But, to each their own!! Happy holidays!!! :drinker:
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. And I love this. Thank youuuu! :flowerforyou:
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    this has really helped put things in perspective for me. Thank you so much for posting this. :flowerforyou:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    I'm glad you guys like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not alone in my struggles... that is nice to know :blushing:
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a smart, realistic plan. Good for you!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Halloween = SUCCESS
    I remembered I had some sugar free chocolates at home and treated myself to 2.
    No harm no foul. YAY!!!!!

Next is Thanksgiving ... God give me strength.

OH and the fair is in town... BRILLIANT! :noway:

There are signs that say:

FRIED CHEESECAKE
    FRIED SNICKERS
    FRIED COOKIE DOUGH
    FRIED BUTTER (SERIOUSLY I SWEAR)
    FRIED OREOS
    FRIED TWINKIES

Is EVERYTHING fried??????

And why in the H*** do I want all of this???????? LOL :grumble:

There is no way I can be trusted in there.
    If the carnies dont kill ya the cholesterol will.