Nicest thing anyone has said to you.

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    wow drmerc, that was the best 30 seconds of my life!
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    I was telling my boyfriend i was having an "ugly day" because i had a few spots, my hair was bad, just one of those days! then he said "you're still the most beautiful girl in the world" :)
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I went to lunch with two of my co-workers recently. When we were leaving, we saw a retired supervisior from an associate department and stopped to visit for a short minute. She complimented me on my weight loss at that time. When I returned to the office, she had left a long message on my machine. She said she was so proud of me and that I was looking fabulous. She said whatever I was doing, to keep it up. I have never heard her ramble on so much in all the years she was at my company. She was stunned.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My boss told me last week I was the 'silent leader' of our team.

My high school PE teacher said I had a 'real talent' for running and I should keep at it. I didn't, until recently, but those words never left me.

Lots and lots of supportive people in my life through the years have offered generalities (you are smart, you are pretty, etc) but those specific praises really stick in my head the most.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I dont if it is the nicest, but it is the most recent.

I was as the store buying something for my Halloween costume, and the cashier looks at me and says. "You are so tall and slender, you are so lucky you can pull it off."

I went to my car and sat in the front seat and cried a little, because she was talking about me....and it felt really really f@cking good.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    The nicest? Hmm, why is it all the shallow things come to mind first?

Well on a love note : hubby told me he would never remarry. He also said he thinks I gave him a thang for one arm girls, and crushes on any celeb that reminds him of me.

My sisters have said many things that were quite flattering. But I think I have trouble saying too many positives out loud. I have a pet peeve as much against whiners as I do braggers.

Thanks for this thread though. Its nice to think of positive things.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    this happened a few years ago but its stuck with me...my husband didnt put gas in the car like i told him and needless to say we ran out of gas. this vey nice older country man came out and gave us some gas. well he told my husband "You have a very beautiful wife."
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    An unknown person sent me flowers. The card said "You take my breath away." :smile:
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've had a total stranger tell me that I'm gorgeous recently. That was a HUGE ego boost because even when I was thin I've never felt gorgeous. It's probably not the nicest thing anyone has ever said, but it did have a major impact.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A friend from high school posted as his Facebook status that if anyone knew a better person than me to say so. While I don't think I'm "better" than anyone else, aside from pedo's and rapists..., it was an awfully nice thing for him to say.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    A gay dude tried to get my number. I didn't think I was in that kinda shape yet. I was flattered and throwing up a little bit at the same time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine my life without you in it. Will you marry me?

ETA: said by my now husband

This! The husband proposing was probably the nicest thing ever!!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    "Our relationship would make the greatest reality tv program" my husband.

"Sam, you're good weird; not bad weird. You don't want to be bad weird." an old supervisor

"You can definitely tell you lost weight - your legs aren't doing that weird knobby pointy awkward thing as much" my loving sister
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    "You are half the size you were"

"Give me a hug- you've lost a whole person"

"That shirt is inappropriate-it's too big"

"Mom you should post before and after pictures because you have changed so much."
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    An unknown person sent me flowers. The card said "You take my breath away." :smile:

WOW that is awesome
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    "What the hell happened to your arm? Why's it so big like that?" My mother in law after she glimpsed my bicep.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My daughter and son-in-law completed the couch to 5K program and told me that they were inspired to do it because of me! I was stunned.

At a Walgreens the attractive cashier asked if I wanted to buy a candy bar to benefit some cause. I said, "I really try to avoid sugar" and she said; "That's why you're so georgous" I was so shocked I think I almost passed out.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! That reminds me of something that happened about 5 years ago.
    I came back to my desk after lunch and a fortune from a fortune cookie was sitting on my keyboard.
    It said, "Your smile will brighten someone's day."
    No one confessed to putting it there and to this day I have NO idea who it was. However, that fortune to this day is still taped to the front of one of my monitors at my desk.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I've lost over 120lbs I get "Where did you stick an extra 120 lbs?"

Last night I had a guy ask me why I wasn't smiling at work, he said he comes in every night because he enjoys seeing my smiling face. I thought that was sweet.

This one is a little morbid but I've been told that when I die I should have my eyes removed and put in a jar for the world to see because I have gorgeous eyes.

OH My son this is the best!!! He told me that I am the most gorgeous girl he has ever seen before. I know he is only 9 and things will change but that was so sweet! I jokingly told him once that I was sick of trying and was just gonna get fat again, and he told me that he hopes I'm joking because I am to pretty to do that.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All the super nice comments people posted about my blog. Made me feel so good.