Nicest thing anyone has said to you.

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    wow drmerc, that was the best 30 seconds of my life!

what!?!?!!? you only gave me 15!! :grumble:
  • eringarc
    eringarc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this topic!!

Wow mom, you only have 2 chins now! (my son)

Lets go buy you some skinny clothes (my husband)

Mom, did these pants really fit you? (my daughter and son standing in one leg of size 28's)

Erin? (from a friend I hadn't seen in months)

Mom, you have chicken legs legs now! (my son)

Baby, I can hug all of you again! (my husband)

Me showing husband new clothes :)
    Husband: "Wow, are you going to wear that for date night?"
    Me: "When is date night?"
    Husband: "I'll just get my wallet"

"Just as long as you know when to stop you don't need to get too skinny" (last week from my 93 year old grandmother)
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    "I forgive you"....and genuinely meaning it.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Random stranger randomly telling you that you are beautiful. That always makes you skip a bit.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    In the 90s, I worked for a major medical ultrasound company. The FDA told us we had to get our documentation in order and asked us not to ship anything until it was done. I worked 80 hours a week at times on this project. The CEO gave me an "above the call of duty" award and told everyone at the company meeting that it wouldn't have gotten done without me. I was very proud.
  • eringarc
    eringarc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That I looked "Healthy"
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning my five year old walked in and said "Oh wow!!! Mommy, you're SO beautiful!" :heart:

And five year olds can be pretty brutal sometimes. :wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My ex mother in law, telling me she'd never seen a mother so in love with her child as I was my daughter.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Me showing husband new clothes :)
    Husband: "Wow, are you going to wear that for date night?"
    Me: "When is date night?"
    Husband: "I'll just get my wallet"

I love this
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My ex mother in law, telling me she'd never seen a mother so in love with her child as I was my daughter.

:heart:
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When my mom said "You've gotten so slim... no wonder you need new clothes!"

And it's not what my husband says... <wink>
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    One of the sargeants at my high school (I went to a school with a huge JROTC program) told me that it's clear from the way I carry myself that I have a lot of respect for myself and for those around me. I never had him as a teacher but he used to be the cafeteria monitor during my lunch period. That was a little over 10 years ago and it still makes me smile. :flowerforyou:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Having my friend say thank you to me and tell me that I'm a great friend to her. Having a special guy tell me I'm beautiful even though sometimes I don't feel that way and when others have torn me down. My mom said she was proud of me for taking on the challenge of losing weight.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    in real life: My nieces and nephews stayed up late and called me from Canada and left a voice mail to me at exactly 12:01 singing happy birthday to me. That was the nicest thing said to me

On MFP: "You've always conducted yourself in an honorable fashion and I always have respect for you" and "I know I bash you a lot but you're my favorite person on MFP"
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When i was super chubby and hating myself my nephew was 4 ish...... I came out to the living room about to go out and he said "Haunty you look pretty" it made me cry :blushing: I still remember that moment like it was yesterday, it was really 9 years ago.
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    I was told I had a "nice butt" three times. Sweet to hear that after 41 years on earth. HA
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was taking my daughter and several of her friends to the mall for her 16th birthday & I asked did she want me to meet her at a certain place/time & she looked at me with utter shock & said, "No! We want you to hang out with us! You're fun mama!" I nearly cried & will never forget that!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    "Your eyes are like the stars." from my 3 year old son.
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My friends' son when he was just 7 years old told his parents that when he grew up, he wanted to marry a woman who was beautiful, smart and always cheerful just like me :love:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was first learning how to talk, her very first sentence was, "My mommy good girl nice!"