October mileage totals

Options
124»

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Treadmill: 10.18 miles in 1:46 (mostly intervals)
    Elliptical: 35.99 miles in 4:57 (mostly resistance of 13-17)

Could be better, I do reckon. Had to take plenty of time off of treadmill due to a high ankle sprain.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    75 miles running in October . . . trying to get my motivation back for November- I like to keep that monthly mileage over 100
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    340 mi run in Oct.

the beast has arrived!

Very true, I would LOVE to see running speed and how it correlates to monthly mileage volume... anyone willing to share their progress in race times? (Including shorter races).

Here are are my PR's from the last 5 years for 5K and HM with the annual mileage for each of those years.

2008 - 969 miles
    5K - 22:04 (November)
    HM - None. 1:38:51 in March of 2009

2009 - 1804 miles
    5K - 21:15 (October)
    HM - 1:37:09 (September)

2010 - 2072 miles
    5K - 20:50 (September)
    HM - 1:34:02 (September)

2011 - 2769 miles
    5K - 19:50 (December)
    HM - 1:32:27 (May)

2012 - 2400 miles YTD
    5K - 19:37 (May)
    HM - 1:28:05 (September)

If you want to get granular, feel free to check out my log.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f395f426a792443989cc9b545ae45445

You can run reports there to get monthly totals and such.
  • symrat
    Options
    Biked 303 miles in October :)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the numbers ScottB and CarsonRuns, since Carson reported more numbers I focuses on his data, and it looks like mileage has an impact (correlation is .98+ - but note is not enough data to compute correlation - so take it with a grain of salt). I looked at the pace, if I looked at the "improvement factor' (less correlated too), I didn't have enough data. But this is what the raw pace looks as mileage is increased, graphically (lower numbers = faster pace).

CarsonRuns.PNG
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the numbers ScottB and CarsonRuns, since Carson reported more numbers I focuses on his data, and it looks like mileage has an impact (correlation is .98+ - but note is not enough data to compute correlation - so take it with a grain of salt). I looked at the pace, if I looked at the "improvement factor' (less correlated too), I didn't have enough data. But this is what the raw pace looks as mileage is increased, graphically (lower numbers = faster pace).

CarsonRuns.PNG

Neat! But I think you meant monthly mileage at the bottom, right?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    One thing the graph cannot account for is the effect of more time with consistent training independent of mileage. That factor accounts for some of the improvement.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yes the variable should be monthly mileage :happy:

Yes I agree, consistent training is an interesting factor to examine, and there is probably some weekly mileage that gives you diminishing returns, i.e., once you reach a certain mileage you will not improve much (and that is probably different depending on the target race distant, and how your individual body responds). And of-course it is not just about mileage!