How many hours a week

Replies

• pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    usually about 7-8 hours a week
  • Devcon03
    Devcon03 Posts: 3 Member
    Well, if I count all the extra stuff plus the work out...

I'd be somewhere between 13 - 16h/week.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Most weeks I lift heavy stuff and put it down 6 days a week for about 60 minutes 3 of those days I add running in for 30 minutes or so

so roughly 7 1/2 hours a week maybe a bit more

that is whenever i can get the hell back into the gym from being sick
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Normally, about 10/week...The last two weeks.....About 2-3
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    8, in the last 7 days :)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    On average an hour + - 30 minutes (depending on what Im doing) a day for - I TRY 5-6 days a week - so around 6-7 hours per week
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Right now: 2 at the gym. Maybe another 1-2 at home. More if I had more free time.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    I exercise about 6.5 hours a week. In that amount of time, I do circuit training classes (both cardio and weight-based) and yoga.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Usually between 3-4 hours a week.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    I've never added it up before but, I average about 4-5 hours per week.
    That doesn't seem like enough now that I total it up.
    That or I need to increase the difficulty of my exercises.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    5-6 hours of lifting

30 minutes - 1 hour of cardio
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    3 hours lifting
    and i have PT so 5-6 hours from that
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    If you are talking about the activity level to set MFP at - this does not include exercise - just your daily activity.

Re exercise:

About 5 - 6 hours lifting a week. Maybe 40 mins of cardio a week if I am feeling crazy.
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Hey OP, if you take care of two kids and keep a house you are probably not sedentary in activity level :) try checking the calorie count in an hour of cleaning. Or wear a HRM or pedometer to see what I mean.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    7.5-8 a week on average.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    M-F, I'll be happy if I can get in 2-3 hours.

Saturday - I play badminton for a couple hours. If I can't play, then I'll end up walking/running on a track for about 30-45 minutes and walking for about 30.

Sunday - that's my yard work or house work day. half an hour to an hour.
  • 6-9 probably.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    About 3 hours for lifting and about 3 for all other cardio (long run, HIIT, etc.).
  • I get in about 3 hours a week lifting things. I used to get more when it was nice out. I just cannot stand running indoors, and the tennis courts are wet :(
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    do you exercise?

I just added up mine and it's a little over four hours a week. What would this be considered on the activity level scale? I am sedentary for the most part. I take care of two children and take care of the home. I don't have a outside job. Just my daily workouts.

I do about 4 hours a week right now too. (EDIT: When I'm focused on endurance running in summer, it'll be more like 5-7 hours/week).

I just wanted to say, as a SAHM I have found I burn according to the "moderately active" setting and not, in fact, the sedentary or even lightly active settings... and that's before exercise.