TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    with a spoon in it!
    I love cottage cheese and I like it plain
    However, I enjoy eating it with fresh tomatoes (sp?) but I like those plain as well.

Also it is good to eat with baked veggie crackers or toast or tortilla chips if you want to add in carbs for a meal.
    I've mixed it with fresh salsa for this too.

A friend of mine was replacing his rice with cottage cheese to help with his carbs intake. Interesting but I've not tried it.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Salt/pepper and smoothered in diced tomatoes. Spread salsa on top.

Love cottage cheese!

This!
    I like it plain too.
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese but just have it plain with a spoon straight out of the tub, no inspirational recipes I'm afraid :D
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    As some others have noted, it's great mixed in with flavored yogurt - my fav is mixing it with Key Lime Pie yogurt!

Another way to kind of make it a meal -

Cottage cheese
    Grape Nuts
    Fresh sliced strawberries
    Sweetner to taste

DELISH!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Omg I never thought of pesto, or the sweet potato idea....

Lately I've been trying it sweet - topped on a piece of toast, with cinnamon sprinkled on top and a few raisins. The raisins taste great with it
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It seems so alien to me to eat cottage cheese with anything sweet :noway: .....going to take some time to get my head around this!! :laugh:
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It seems so alien to me to eat cottage cheese with anything sweet :noway: .....going to take some time to get my head around this!! :laugh:

That reminds me of the other I will eat it, almost like dessert. Stir in some liquid Sweet n Low. Almost ice creamish.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    People make fun of me for this and it looks kind of nasty but I love my cottage cheese with chopped turkey bacon or veggie sausage. Sometimes I'll eat it for lunch for a yummy, filling, 170-200 calorie lunch.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    USE IT AS A POTATO CHIP DIP!!!! SO GOOOOOOOD.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    With Avocado. I know it sounds gross but the textures really mix and it is the ultimate protien+good fat combo. Super satisfying.
  • Deepblu505
    Options
    I add mandarin oranges , or peaches. I will also chop up green onions and celery in it and top it with Mrs Dash ( I like the Spicy ).
    It is all good.
  • soyasee
    soyasee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese IS pretty versatile. When I don't have Ricotta Cheese on hand I'll use it and add 1 teaspoon Vanila and mix 1 bag of Truvia for a sugary dessert. I do like it better with Ricotta though. :happy:
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    With lemon pepper
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mashed blueberries, a drizzle of honey and a squeeze of lemon. So good!
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can not bring myself to eat that stuff!!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I mix in chunks of pineapple. Mmmmmmmm.
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bumping this! Thanks everyone.
  • nolachick85
    Options
    I like mine with sliced apples and some cinnamon. Apple cinnamon cottage cheese is amazing!