Thanksgiving plans

Replies

• Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    I'll be visiting my parents for that week (8 days) .. staying in a hotel and eating most of my meals at restaurants. I will enjoy and eat normally .. which is in moderation. Hotel has a tiny little gym and an indoor pool as well which I intend to utilize daily! LOL

I'll be flying back there for the Christmas/New Year's holidays for 2.5 weeks .. all that hotel and restaurant food. sheesh.. oh well, I do it 5 times a year .. usually gain about 5 lbs each time .. so it's not horrible.

My parents are elderly and simply can't cook for more than themselves. I could cook .. but they don't hardly eat that much anymore and they'd prefer we didn't .. they don't have the room to accommodate me and my son (Mom's a hoarder .. so no where to sit) :cry: I go as often as I can and spend the days cleaning and clearing and hauling stuff out .. ..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm going to...

EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!!1!eleven!

But I have always eaten more deliberately on most days, so I don't have an overall problem with food that a day or two could screw up.

Oh, and I'll definitely log whatever it is I eat. What is the rationale behind not logging it? It isn't like not logging it keeps it from affecting your results.
    For me, I won't log because I will have no way to look up the correct calories on the casseroles and such that my mom cooks. So there is no point in my trying to log. I am gonna take it really easy this year. I love dessert, so I am just gonna eat a little lunch, then PECAN PIE!!! Yuuuuuummmmm!!!!!:D

But every conceivable mostly-normal food is in the database. My approach to this is, "Hmmm, that pile of certain casserole looks like at least two, maybe three servings. (Over a year of logging using a kitchen scale, I have honed my ability to fairly accurately estimate portion sizes. <using smartphone, checks database for certain casserole...finds three...I'll go with...*that one*. Logs 2.5 servings of certain casserole. Repeat.> It's a great way to pass the time sitting in the recliner waiting for the ability to move again.

That said, *not* logging one one day isn't really a big deal. I was just curious about the thinking behind it. I'm just too "type A" not to log.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    I'll be cooking, so it'll be a fairly healthy spread with a few favorites. I'll log it and move on.
  • I'm cooking so I can control the calories... I cook very low fat normally.... I will eat what I want & will log it in too..
    I'm not going to go overboard on my eating though....
    I'll get my walk in as usual that morning >>>:drinker:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving so it's just going to be another day with my average meals. :drinker:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    I'm going to eat an indecent amount of food and drink my weight in wine...
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    i'm gonna try to stay within my limits but Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only times 95% of the family is together at one time and we have some good cooks in the family so it will be hard but i'm going to try
  • IF we do anything, it will be a cheat day. My family is three states away so we might go out for lunch some where :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Maintenance day for me.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    I'm going to be staying with my Fiance's parents for 5 days. Totally going to blow it with my calories for sure on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. As for thanksgiving itself, I'm going to fill up 1 plate full of what I want, and NOT go back for 2nds. And only have 1 small piece of dessert!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I'm going to eat a million pounds of stuffing.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    I love Thanksgiving food! Making plans with the fiance to walk/run the turkey trot, and then stuffing my face at his family's and mine! And possibly my BFF. AND I will log it all and won't cry! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

And this differs from most other Thursdays how?
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    I am not logging.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    We go for a walk every year, weather permitting. I asked everyone of we could make it longer & they loved the idea! My parents are super supportive.
    This year instead of an all out oink fest, I'm going to try and have a little of everything I want. I feel that planning ahead keeps me in control and I don't sabotage myself. We also decided no drinks, we usually have a cocktail or wine.
    We are making some healthier side dishes, and I am doing my research now on what I will cook. My Mom is an insanely great cook, I am definitely going to enjoy the company & food.

If you have any recipes for side dishes, I would love to hear them! :)
    ETA I will be logging.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member

And this differs from most other Thursdays how?

Oh, I thought the topic title was "Thursday plans", so yeah, same answer!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I will probably clean my house from top to bottom and take a walk, but I'm not going to stress about going over on the biggest food holiday of the year.
  • I'm diffentially not recording that day but, try to fill up on veggies and turkey first.
    The next day I'll do good. :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It would only be cheating if i don't log it. I plan to log every mouthful and stuff my belly like the feast that it is! PIE! I GET ALL THE PIE!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Thanksgiving is long gone BUT if I was going to celebrate I would eat only Pumpkin Pie for the entire day. No turkey. No potatoes. Just Pumpkin Pie.