Ok who had some Halloween Candy LOL

Options
dr2k12
dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
I have to admit I am pretty stoked at how I handled my first halloween since getting real about my health and eating.

I ate:

2 Snack sized Kit-Kat bars
1 Snack sized M&M's
1 Snack sized Hershey's

That's it, and that is the truth. It is also the only actual candy I've eaten in over four months...

How did everyone else do?

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I bought goldfish crackers for the kids. My husband thinks we'll be egged for it, but not even one piece of candy for me this Halloween.
  • dr2k12
    Options
    Hey kids love goldfish, hell I do too!

Good for you passing on the sweets too!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
    1 Banana Laffy Taffy

And they tasted good!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet...
  • dr2k12
    Options
    ooops
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So far I have resisted and told the hubby to hide the bucket! Lol
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I bought a fair amount of candy, and we only had 15 children come to the door tonight. I have 3 teenagers and a husband who will eat the candy.

I did have some, but stayed UNDER my calorie goal for the day.
    I had:

2 Milky Way fun size bars
    1 Crunch fun size bar
    1 Butterfinger fun size bar
    and 1 Dum Dum (had this when my blood sugar dropped post-workout this afternoon and I was stumbling around)
  • dr2k12
    Options
    1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
    1 Banana Laffy Taffy

And they tasted good!

That Banana Laffy Taffy is awesome stuff!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying a Twix mini and a Kit Kat mini every evening for about 2 months now. I don't deprive myself of anything or I would fail miserably. We don't get trick-or-treaters where we live so Halloween is just another day for us.
  • iaminspired127
    iaminspired127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I ate 1 funsize Peanut M&M's and 2 funsize Snickers! That's it for me, I am done- But I made sure to have a great workout today and balance it all out, if that's possible.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    A friend sends me Sees chocolate for every holiday...I had one half of one piece. I did eat a chocolate cupcake from the Hallowe'en party they had at work...I savored every single bit of it too.
  • dr2k12
    Options
    So far I have resisted and told the hubby to hide the bucket! Lol

I had my Wife and kids stash all the goods too, no reason to mindlessly reach into that bowl just because it's sitting there!
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I caved :(
    But I let the kids choose their favorites and the rest we are donating to the troops.
    A win-win: the candy gets out of my house AND the troops will get a treat.
  • dr2k12
    Options
    I like how everyone is so happy to have enjoyed the treats in moderation and it looks like most of us probably kept it within our calorie budget. I too had a killer workout today and walked the neighborhood with my wife and kids for over an hour for a little extra cardio...
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1 snack size Reese's peanut butter cup'
    1 snack size Snickers

That's it....and my calories are still way under for today in spite of eating decent healthy meals plus the candy.....over on sodium a bit although I have my goal set to 1500 and I didn't NOT go over the maximum limit recommended by the Mayo Clinic (2500) so still way better than I was doing on that than before I started tracking it and realized how out of control that area was! So all in all, pretty happy with today! :o)
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I had two pieces, mini pieces at that.
  • dr2k12
    Options
    I've been enjoying a Twix mini and a Kit Kat mini every evening for about 2 months now. I don't deprive myself of anything or I would fail miserably. We don't get trick-or-treaters where we live so Halloween is just another day for us.

I adhere to the no-deprivation mindset as well and find it actually makes it easier to NOT eat things that I am better off without. It's like well if I REALLY want this I can have it as long as it's within my daily calorie budget and most of the time I pass on it...
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had all of 3 reeces pb cups. So I did pretty well I think
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    6 Hershey's Drops and that's it. Just wasn't feeling the candy love today *lol*

Which is Amazing considering we had Cadbury Scream Eggs this year mixed in with the mini candy bars .. who knows what tomorrow will be like though, we have a LOT of candy left. Only nine tricker o'treaters knocked on the door this year.
  • shakarock
    shakarock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did -__- six pieces, and a cupcake. Ugh. Oh well, can't win them all.