Officially out of the 300's

Options
ktaqt3399
ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
My entire life I had given up on myself. i was always the fat kid and I hit a point where I thought i was just destined to live with it. It spiraled out of control after highschool as I hit 300 and kept climbing. I stayed many years between 310 and 315 and i honestly thought that was as good as id ever get. Recently when I hit 334 I knew I had to try something. Im 26 and at that moment I saw my life flash before my eyes. So many thoughts of what could happen to me health wise flashed before my eyes. On top of the fact that I want more than anything to have a baby and I am pretty sure my weight is what has been holding me back the past 7 monthes since I have been off the pill. I knew then In order to achieve my goals I had to get my *kitten* in gear. I tried for a few weeks eating less....not counting calories and went no where. Then I found mfp......and for once.......something started working. I started to lose weight. I made friends with people who understood me. One particularly special. All of them understood me and understood my insecurities because they themselves went through them every day. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere. 30 days ago I weighed in at 304.5. I untimatly want to be around 180- 200 but I was told by my peers to make small goals. So I made my first one.......To be under 300 by nov 1st. This morning I weighed in......299! I know its still just a step in my long road but its a start. I havent been less than 300 since highschool. I have been without a car for the past two weeks and feel I could definatly have been a little lower if I had been able to get to the gym as often as i had been going. however Its still a huge accomplishment and now that my car is finally mine again Im pushing full steam ahead to keep the numbers dropping. I finally feel like I am accomplishing something with my health and for the first time honestly believe that I can achieve my goal even though it will take awhile. I am not doing this for society or my friends or even my husband.....Im doing this to invest something in MY future and MY self image. Every day I get slightly more confident in my appearance and am slightly less ashamed of myself. Thank you to all my dear friends who have supported me through all of this. I truly could not have done it without you. TO all of you....YOU CAN DO THIS. Feel free to add me if you like. I would love to support you on your journey as I have been supported on mine.

Replies

• gailosborne
    Options
    This is EXCELLENT!!! Keep us the great work - you can do it!!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    brilliant news. nice to read something so positive first thing in the morning :)
  • archduchess
    Options
    Fantastic - keep it up. My partner hit 299 on Oct 31st, which was his target, and he's really pleased. I know you are too. You have to do it for yourself, not to please anyone else. Well done!
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work. I know it's tough, but you have results, and, yes, it's tiny steps. But, before you know it, all those tiny steps will add up to a "jump". Don't give up on you. You're important, you have taken charge of your life and are making progress! Yeah!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh my I admire ur strength and keep the hard work I wish u the best
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Definitely give yourself small and easily achievable goals. I have lost 105 lbs in 1 years time (as of yesterday) and I never, EVER thought I would do that.. I didn't even THINK about 100 lost... I just aimed for 20 at a time and kept my eyes on the prize.

Congrats on the losses and keep up the hard work!!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i needed to read something like this today..thank you so much for posting and fantastic progress..:flowerforyou: keep going:drinker:
  • just_do_it125
    Options
    Congratulations! :D Your story is quite inspirational to those of us getting started. Good luck and enjoy the freedoms of having your car once again.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Your post give me the chills!!! Good for you!!! Keep at it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That is such a BIG success!! Be very proud of yourself, and keep your committment to small goals. Its so much more attainable and rewarding when you hit them!!

Keep up the good work, you can do it.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so sweet thank u so much I am very happy
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work - well done on the loss and here's to you continuing with your small targets until you get to your big one! :drinker:
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You really should be so proud of yourself! This isn't easy. I have been doing it for almost 2 years and some days I really struggle. BUT. Each day I make it through, it's a baby step in the right direction. The same with you. I weighed 375 when I first started, and let me tell you...that # is really daunting. I now weigh 224. IT CAN BE DONE. Focus on small goals and those goals WILL get you to your BIG goal. I wish you the very best on your journey, and please don't ever lose sight of the fact that you ARE worth it. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Please feel free to read my profile and see if you think we would make a good fit as friends. I try really hard to be as supportive as i can because it's really important to have a support system.....especially through the bad days. I remember when I weighed 299. I cried. =) GREAT JOB!!!!!!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant news! That is really a very large amount- keep up the good work.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!!
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bet it feels amazing to be out of the 300's :) you should be extremely proud of yourself! A huge congratulations, and I hope to be joining you soon :P
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!!! You can do this
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So excited for you. I have a similar story, and like you I decided to take control. Now I only have 13lbs to go to that number I have dreamed about for so long. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! This is definitely a step in the right direction! I have to keep reminding myself that I didnt gain this weight overnight-so it wont come off overnight either. That keeps me focused on the "baby steps". Keep pushing girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!