Officially out of the 300's

Options

Replies

• bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    very proud of your accomplishments! You are doing well!! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    That is a huge goal you made. I understand that completely. All of your hard work is paying off.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! One of my MFP friends also weighted in under 300 this morning. So congrats to you both for sticking with it!!
  • brandiwine22212
    brandiwine22212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! such an amazing story!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    great accomplishment! You can do this. Thanks for being an inspiration to us all =)
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My entire life I had given up on myself. i was always the fat kid and I hit a point where I thought i was just destined to live with it. It spiraled out of control after highschool as I hit 300 and kept climbing. I stayed many years between 310 and 315 and i honestly thought that was as good as id ever get. Recently when I hit 334 I knew I had to try something. Im 26 and at that moment I saw my life flash before my eyes. So many thoughts of what could happen to me health wise flashed before my eyes. On top of the fact that I want more than anything to have a baby and I am pretty sure my weight is what has been holding me back the past 7 monthes since I have been off the pill. I knew then In order to achieve my goals I had to get my *kitten* in gear. I tried for a few weeks eating less....not counting calories and went no where. Then I found mfp......and for once.......something started working. I started to lose weight. I made friends with people who understood me. One particularly special. All of them understood me and understood my insecurities because they themselves went through them every day. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere. 30 days ago I weighed in at 304.5. I untimatly want to be around 180- 200 but I was told by my peers to make small goals. So I made my first one.......To be under 300 by nov 1st. This morning I weighed in......299! I know its still just a step in my long road but its a start. I havent been less than 300 since highschool. I have been without a car for the past two weeks and feel I could definatly have been a little lower if I had been able to get to the gym as often as i had been going. however Its still a huge accomplishment and now that my car is finally mine again Im pushing full steam ahead to keep the numbers dropping. I finally feel like I am accomplishing something with my health and for the first time honestly believe that I can achieve my goal even though it will take awhile. I am not doing this for society or my friends or even my husband.....Im doing this to invest something in MY future and MY self image. Every day I get slightly more confident in my appearance and am slightly less ashamed of myself. Thank you to all my dear friends who have supported me through all of this. I truly could not have done it without you. TO all of you....YOU CAN DO THIS. Feel free to add me if you like. I would love to support you on your journey as I have been supported on mine.

Thank you so much for sharing I needed this today!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I still remember how happy I was to get out of the 300s! Be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started this journey at 338, and I am now 234, so I understand completely how exciting this is! I am dreaming now of the day when I get on the scale and it is 1 something. Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much your kind words are truly touching
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thank you all your kind words are so sweet
  • RockingRoxie
    Options
    Motivating post ! and great accomplishment , I like your attitude and the advise for small steps is a good one but what you've achieved so far is a major milestone ! Congratulations.
  • photogirlchrissy
    Options
    Great job. Added you!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward and you will be rewarded. I started at 362 and just weighed in at 246 a year later. My goal is 170 and it was hard to imagine to weigh less than 300 a year ago and I am now only 76lbs from my total goal. I have weighed more than 300lbs for over 19 years so I can assure you, you will succeed. One day at a time and one meal at a time. Eat to Live and NOT live to eat is my motto.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy, congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Incredible accomplishment!!
  • atasha82
    atasha82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, keep up the good work you rock girl!
  • tru_essence
    Options
    Great Work!!
  • BettyAnn120
    BettyAnn120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great news, congratulations on your weight loss journey ! It is stories like this that I feel help to keep me motivated on my own path to better health/weight. Stay srong in your new weight loss habits, and be healthy !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!