SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Majored in English with a Minor in Writing

Then got my Master's in Teaching.

I teach Middle School English
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BS in Building Science and Management ( aka Architectural Engineering)
    But my first choice for a career was to be a professional softball player, then I was going to major in music. I was undeclared my first year in college, but then transferred and had to declare a major. So I picked one I knew nothing about and that's how I ended up in the engineering/architectural field, I enjoyed various jobs throughout the years in that field. It ended up being a great choice.
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    In undergrad I double majored in Psychology and Pan-African Studies. For graduate school I received my M.Ed. in Community Agency Counseling.
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think a major is your main study (Australian here)
    Event Management and Tourism xD
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Bachelors degree in NURSING =)
  • carcrsh
    carcrsh Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm getting a degree in Graphic Design. I'm hoping to get my masters too.
    I'm looking into double majoring so I can also get a certificate for teaching art.
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    Undergrad: Psychology, History, Russian Studies, added in that order while dropping pre med (technically not a major at my university, but I got up to the last year) and philosophy along the way. (What can I say, I'm an intellectual hedonist. ;) ).

That led to a double Masters in Russian, Central and Eastern European Studies and European Studies.

Not sure what that leads to job-wise so I may have made a mistake along the way. On the other hand, it was so interesting, and you have no idea how much I've won at pub trivia with my combined set of knowledge, so there's that. Seriously, study what you're interested in. Psychology is a good start. Perhaps have some eye to what you can do something with (something tech or engineering based will go a long, long way to getting you post-study opportunities. If I were going to do it again, I would probably study at least something tech oriented in addition to what I did, like programming or something.)

Don't focus solely on fine arts (study them if you want, but even Trey Parker and Matt Stone studied Japanese and Mathematics respectively...), study at least one language to a high level (Russian and Arabic being the most practical), and do something techish. The rest of it? Do what's interesting to you. I wouldn't trade my education for the world but I'm sooooooo glad I learned some languages, and I should have studied programming of some sort.

Similar in here! :laugh:
    Bachelor of Science: International Relations
    Master of Science: Eurasian Studies
    :happy:
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Zoology, hoping to go onto PhD study afterwards.
  • pparker11
    Options
    Undergraduate - Secondary Education
    Graduate - Master of Business Administration:smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I have more degrees than a thermometer,all of them useless including post grad qualifications. If I could turn back time, I'd have studied social anthropology instead of business and sciences. The understanding of cultures and understanding other people is a huge step in understanding yourself.

good luck with your studies, choose something that will stimulate,inspire and empower you...there is more to a degree than a lifetime of corporate compliance and stressing over mortgages :-)
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Double major in anthropology and Asian studies.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    What are you interested in? You need to have a passion for the subject. Are you a numbers person? Languages? Like interacting with others or happy to sit in front of a computer or in a lab all day? Structured or unstructured work day? Live in the city or rural, domestic or international?
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    B.S. - Computer Information Systems
    Grad Cert- Telecommunications and Information Systems Management
    M.S. - Information Management

You might say I am a geek (my wife does)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did a double Major. Awesomeness and Women's Studies at The Barney Stitson Academy.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    BSc Psychology
    DClinPsy (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology)
    Qualified 6 years ago.

There are lots of psychology degrees on here but not many psychologists. I wonder why? Probably the lengthy and poorly paid route to qualified status, and the fact you can argue a psychology degree is applicable to just about any career!
  • thesilvermagnolia
    Options
    Modern Languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Arabic) with European Politics :D
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    hospitality administration with a psych minor.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have a degree in English/Secondary Education, but work as a technican for a communications company....go figure.
  • jusDST21
    jusDST21 Posts: 3
    Options
    International Business and Marketing Double major with a minor in Spanish! (ONE MORE YEAR LEFT!)
  • barenaud13
    Options
    I will be graduating next year with a major in Theatre Performance and minors in English (Writing) and Interactive Media Studies (graphics). Three things I love!