Replies

• Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Accounting...almost done!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Twas 6 years ago that I graduated, but my degree was in Communication with an emphasis in PR, Marketing, and Advertising....and I wound up with a Music minor by default (changed my major from Musical Theatre to what I graduated with after freshman yr, but kept taking a couple music classes here and there).
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    They wouldn't even hire you to work with the Vatican, It's a man thing. LOL
    But you can teach it. Add some Psyc to it and get hired on FOX news as a special adviser.:bigsmile:

I tried to quote the Lady who is Catholic and majored in Theology

Please. ANYONE can get hired on FOX "news" as an advisor or commentator. All you need is a big mouth and Republican-approved talking points. And if you're a woman, a perfect figure and a pretty face. Which counts me out.

No facts, qualifications, education or brains required. (Sarah Palin... Ted Nugent... ugh.)

That lady who said pepper spray was a food product essentially....lol
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Three seperate majors: Psychology, English, and Art
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    MAJOR: Interdisciplinary Studies (Bachelor's)
    Minor: Bilingual Ed.

Major: Special Education (Bachelor's)

Master's in Special Education

I love my job...
  • alice_bones
    alice_bones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bachelor of Science in Archaeology - the best degree ever in my opinion! Enjoyed every minute :)
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    B.A in Social Work, I love it!
  • agentvargas2012r
    Options
    Software Developer.

They have many forms these days: Web Designer, Programmer, Developer, Evangelist, Mobile Developer. Yup, that's how I roll. I do not use my profession as an excuse for being overweight, I use it as an excuse to trainer harder in the gym :happy:
  • angenie
    angenie Posts: 3
    Options
    Psychology
  • Cesta91
    Cesta91 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a double major in Psychology and English.
    I love it <3
  • SherieCarter
    SherieCarter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Public Relations :D (After changing my major 4 times and dropping my French minor)
  • Amore219
    Amore219 Posts: 8
    Options
    Not sure anyone officially responded to you yet: A minor lets you specify in further detail what you want to do. I have my undergrad in Education, with a concentration in Early Childhood Education. I was required to have a double major per Massachusetts state law, so minored in Psychology. I think the requirements depend by state, by school, and by major.

I'm working toward my Masters' now - no concentration, minor or double major required, but I can chose the classes I want and gear them toward what I want to learn. (I'm doing political science - a long stretch from my teaching days!).
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I'm currently studying for a Criminal Justice degree.
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am also a nursing major working on my BSN now...it is taking forever. Good luck!
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Psychology major with a dual minor in French language and Criminal Justice :)
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    BS in Dental Hygiene and a Masters in Nursing. Maintaining my hygiene license but love nursing :)
  • CDRhom
    CDRhom Posts: 9
    Options
    I have two masters; one in artificial intelligence and the other in computational neuroscience. I'm a mathochist.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was a music major, but that was another life time ago. I advise students at a Big Ten school. My advise to the students is to do what you love, and the job will follow. Ignore the advise of parents and friends.

If you can' t decide on what you want to major in, try thinking about what you don't want to major in. Love the sciences--lots of options there. Love foreign language--you can go into anything when you are proficient in a foreign language. Hate math--that narrows things down significantly.

PM if you want to discuss further.

Good luck.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Microbiology and Biochemistry

I'm a geek! :)
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have two masters; one in artificial intelligence and the other in computational neuroscience. I'm a mathochist.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Brilliant! I am going to start using the word "mathochist" in conversations. My dad spent 35 years trying to teach advanced math to 6th graders, does that mean he's a mathochist too?