Crossfit

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    (What is taking so long for the obligatory "doing crossfit" gif compendium? Maybe it's just too early...I mean, it *seems* like it's the appropriate time now, but maybe I'm just being overly anxious. I'll try to be patient and wait for it.)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    (What is taking so long for the obligatory "doing crossfit" gif compendium? Maybe it's just too early...I mean, it *seems* like it's the appropriate time now, but maybe I'm just being overly anxious. I'll try to be patient and wait for it.)

The video is much better than the gif.

http://youtu.be/UKp7fBtj81c
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    So wait I know Glassman, but who is that small guy, black hair, acts like everyone likes him but you can tell he's annoying, who programs for the games?
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    true story: i was at a race and the CF team invited me to "Bullets and Burpees" -- you know at the gun range, we shoot guns and then do burpees in between.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Like this?

201908178327439749132927.gif
  • ErinRobin86
    ErinRobin86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just joined a crossfit gym... we've been doing it for about a month
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

DAMMIT.

i'll admit, that is hilarious.

but i still love crossfit.
  • bluechip777
    Options
    i like the gif w/ a somersault over over a stability ball then a pull-up LOL
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Like this?

201908178327439749132927.gif

Or this?

FthisSintheA.gif
  • Plates559
    Options
    true story: i was at a race and the CF team invited me to "Bullets and Burpees" -- you know at the gun range, we shoot guns and then do burpees in between.

I'm all about gun freedom, but if I owned the firing range I would kick out anyone doing burpees in between clips!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options

This is the funniest video I have seen in a long time. Love it. must watch again.
  • iWaffle
    Options

DAMMIT.

i'll admit, that is hilarious.

but i still love crossfit.

Safety note: Do not watch at work or while drinking milk. I should have put that disclaimer up already.

Honestly I got nothing against the workouts it's the hurry hurry rush part that I dislike. I had too much of that back when I did football and basketball. I can't tell you how many times I busted a shin on a box. I vowed to never do it again once I left that.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    people need to stop dissing crossfit. im guessing 99% of those that diss it haven't tried it...

it's an awesome way to exercise.

but really, im so sick of people dissing it because it's "not safe"

you could easily drop a dumbbell on your foot at the gym and break your foot... or better yet, you could get hit by a car ON THE WAY to the gym. life is dangerous.

give it a rest. crossfit rules.

Additionally, 99.367% of all those who think base jumping is dangerous haven't tried it either.
    Something even closer to 100% of people who have never tried Russian Roulette think it's dangerous.

For some activities, simple observation will do...maybe even better than doing.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I'm all about gun freedom, but if I owned the firing range I would kick out anyone doing burpees in between clips!

Agreed, that's about the stupidst thing I have ever heard of. Can you imagine some dipsh1t forgetting to set his pistol down before dropping into a burpee.
  • bluechip777
    Options

Word!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yeah, ^ this. Wow. I think they're taking this "be prepared for anything" just a little too far.
  • bluechip777
    Options
    holy S!! i didn't think i would find anything verifying my story but CF never fails!! -- it's on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BUg4hvkIjs
  • iWaffle
    Options
    holy S!! i didn't think i would find anything verifying my story but CF never fails!! -- it's on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BUg4hvkIjs
    Ha ha! Hey there, proper form on the burpees and tire rolling but #%@& form when you shoot. Just throw lead downrange.
  • AnthonyKiro11
    Options
    I live by it. You can burn a mass of calories in a small amount of time. Good for those of us normally strapped for time. It is tough, but youll get out what you put in.

Try this as a starter, we did this last night. You might want to start from 5 down, Ie- 5 reps rest, 4 reps rest, 3 reps rest- etc.... Time yourself, and do it once a week, and try to beat your previous time over the following 4 weeks. I recommend you do it with a partner (its a perfect rest period), and get some instruction on performing the excercises correctly. Explanations to the excercises can be found on crossfit.com

Always train outside the comfort zone, and youll be sweet!

Burpees- 9 reps, rest, 8 reps, rest, 7 reps, rest, 6 reps, rest, 5 reps, rest, 4 reps, rest, 3 reps, rest, 2 reps, rest, 1 rep, rest.
    Ball Slams- (As above)
    Box Jumps- (as Above)
    Push/Dip Swings- (Put two benches together- push up, then swing forward into a dip position then dip. Repeat- A press up, and dip is 2)
    Power Cleans (As above)
    Push Up Holds (As above, however, the rest period is done as a hold bridge) Ie Once you have done 9, you hold in a bridge position until your partner finishes)
    Jump Pull Ups (As Above) ( A pull up, however you jump to get yourself up with the pull up assistance)
    Sit Up Squats (As Above) Use a half moon ball, get your partner to stand on your toes. Sit up, then stand up into a squat position.

This will burn and rip you to pieces pretty quickly.

Hope this helps....

Happy Training, AK
  • Plates559
    Options
    ^ why so many exercises holy hell?

You don't even have a CF lvl 1 cert do you?