NSV: This fat girl...

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
Just ran a mile.

Yeah, that's right. All 228 lbs of me just jogged a mile. It was slow, only about 4 mph (which yes, is a jog for short ole me), but I did it! No walking!

Replies

• prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great achievement! I remember my first mile, too, and it was at about that weight as well.

KEEP GOING!
  • meinola
    meinola Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't jog for 30 seconds without a stich in my side! You did really well! :flowerforyou:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    yay! Awesome NSV. Keep going. Are you using the C25K.com app? I was so happy when I ran my first mile - won't be long until you're doing 5...honestly. Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yay!! This fat girl will need to lose a bit more before her knees will even think of allowing a 1 mile jog. Good job!!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    awesome! I hate jogging/running :frown: Going a mile is definitely a success!! The more you do it, the easier it gets too :smile:
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    awesome! I want to start C25K...but finding a sports bra that WORKS is first on that list...
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up. The C25k has got me running from 30 secs to 30 mins. It's great !
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy dance!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    awesome! I want to start C25K...but finding a sports bra that WORKS is first on that list...
    The best one I found was Shock Absorber. Good enough to keep my 36 d's under control anyway!
  • JTick
    Options
    yay! Awesome NSV. Keep going. Are you using the C25K.com app? I was so happy when I ran my first mile - won't be long until you're doing 5...honestly. Well done! :flowerforyou:

Nope, not using the app. I tried C25K a few years ago, and I think I made it to week two before getting bored. Now, I run outside (I despise the treadmill), and I run until I get tired, walk for a bit, rinse and repeat. When I started just a few weeks ago, I could only make it to the end of our driveway before I got tired and had to walk (about 300 feet). I just add a little more each run. And I go SLOW. I want to learn to like running, and the faster I go (right now), the more I hate it.
  • JTick
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well done! You will continue to get better and better if you stick with it!! WOOT!
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! Good job!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I struggle to jog more than a couple minutes at a time - very inspiring!
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    NICE JOB!!!!!! Feels awesome doesn't it??!!!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!