Do weight loss pills and drinks actually work?

I have had a bad experience with weight loss supplements.
I had a weight loss drink and within minutes after I had finished it I was throwing up.
Now was this due to me drinking it quickly?? because it really tasted like crap!!
has this happened to anyone else?
And does anyone have any recommendations for pills or drinks that do work for weight loss, I am from Canada so I cant get anything that doesnt exist here :)

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I think you already know the answer.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    If you are in a caloric deficit, yes.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Eat right, exercise and forget the quick fix supplements and pills. You didn't gain weight by a fad diet and you won't likely lose it for long that way either.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hell ya they work! I used to work at GNC and you wouldn't believe the amount of people that would come back week after week after week faithfully buying them! Then when that brand stopped working they would switch to another one and another and another......oh, you mean to lose weight? :noway:
    They're a waste of money
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    If they did, we'd all be taking them.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    No, but if you want to waste your money, PM me and I'll send you where to send it
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    I never took any of that, but ask enough people that did and you will probably find out there are not shortcuts in life. You didn't gain the wieght in a few months so it won't stay of by taking a pill for a few months. Ladies and Gentleman..we are not dieting, we are living a healthier life..RIGHT....healthier habits will put us on the track to a life long of a healthy wieght. I never believed in the fad pills, shakes or whatever else they had out there.. jus my opionion
  • I have had a bad experience with weight loss supplements.
    I had a weight loss drink and within minutes after I had finished it I was throwing up.
    Now was this due to me drinking it quickly?? because it really tasted like crap!!
    And does anyone have any recommendations for pills or drinks that do work for weight loss, I am from Canada so I cant get anything that doesnt exist here :)

it depends which weight loss supplements u r using ...
    the pills are also bad for you no matter what the label says on those pills, its for people who don't want to do hard work. First, throw yourself into a sport. Do something rigorous like track or swimming or soccer. Something where your really moving around. Maybe even dance.
    Now as for the eating part.... no junk food. eat a good breakfast and small lunch and dinner.
    this will surely boost up u r metabolism. this way you'll burn lots of calories :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    *pulling up a lounge, pass the popcorn please (:
  • GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    I think you already know the answer.

I think the thread could have stopped after this well said answer...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    ummmm... no. If you want to throw your money away send it to me. Otherwise eat less - move more. done.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Nope. Most diet pills are basically speed in a legal form. They're terrible for you, plus they don't work. The closest thing to a drink that DOES work for me are protein shakes, green tea and coffee. For low cals in the shakes, they fill me up for quite a while. The green tea and coffee give me a boost and cut my appetite when I need it.

The rest of it is junk IMO.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    I forget the name of the drug, but my professor mentioned it in my molecular biology class. It's a drug that inhibits the certain pathway that converts excess glucose into fat if you will, and will continually burn only fat in the body as energy. Thing is, since the drug itself is extremely dangerous, and if the dosage is overestimated, well...miscalculated dosage can lead to death because it doesn't particularly know when to stop. Once it burns off all the fat your body has to offer, it'll start breaking down your muscle, then you die x.X.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    NOPE :noway:

And they can have some nasty side effects too....I worked with a girl who took them and she had to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes because they caused anal leakage :sick:, not pretty!

Eat right, exercise and don't waste your money.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    I forget the name of the drug, but my professor mentioned it in my molecular biology class. It's a drug that inhibits the certain pathway that converts excess glucose into fat if you will, and will continually burn only fat in the body as energy. Thing is, since the drug itself is extremely dangerous, and if the dosage is overestimated, well...miscalculated dosage can lead to death because it doesn't particularly know when to stop. Once it burns off all the fat your body has to offer, it'll start breaking down your muscle, then you die x.X.
    WHERE CAN I GET IT??!?!?!
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    yup! green tea extract caps are natural, safe, full of antioxidants, boost metabolism & not too expensive, & even better with real green tea on top of it- its tested & proven to help people lose weight; its #1 for health imo...

also, cayenne pepper in your food is thermogenic & helps a bit too, Apple cider vinegar is popular super healthy one for many people, but they are just small parts of the weight loss journey :)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    WHERE CAN I GET IT??!?!?!

Think it's been banned by the FDA and probably other countries as well ;3. I think my professor said that it was used by doctors in the late 1960's or so, but patient mortality due to miscalculated dosage led to it being recalled from the market I think o.O.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    So I was really taken seriously for that question -_-
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I have had a bad experience with weight loss supplements.

it depends which weight loss supplements u r using ...
    the pills are also bad for you no matter what the label says on those pills, its for people who don't want to do hard work. First, throw yourself into a sport. Do something rigorous like track or swimming or soccer. Something where your really moving around. Maybe even dance.
    Now as for the eating part.... no junk food. eat a good breakfast and small lunch and dinner.
    this will surely boost up u r metabolism. this way you'll burn lots of calories :flowerforyou:

I agree with the first part of your post, however meal timing is irrelevant, calories and macros remaining constant.

OP: very few pills work without nasty side effects and the ones that do really only work when you are very very lean and also can have some bad side effects unless taken properly. The most effective supplement that is cheap is caffiene tbh.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    So I was really taken seriously for that question -_-

:laugh: