I feel disgusting

Options
124»

Replies

• nikkels76
    Options
    I am with all of you who have been trying with no avail! My intentions have been good for the last year, but I have not lost a thing. Something hasn't clicked....until now!?!? Found out yesterday that most of my Aunts and Uncles on my Maternal side have Diabetes. Some are controlling it by diet and excersize, while others need to be on Insulin. I personally have to do whatever I can to avoid getting this disease. Even if I end up getting it when I'm healthy, at least I will know that I've done everything I possibly can to help myself before it's too late! We can do this!!! Every single one of us can do it!!! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right." Henry Ford

I have done that countless times in my life. I spent YEARS with the mindset of, "oh, I'm a fat loser, I'll never be thin..." Your mind is your biggest obstacle in getting the weight off and keeping it off for the rest of your life. If you continue telling yourself what you've posted here, then I am sorry to tell you, honey, you will be correct.

Try this: when you hear that voice in your head speaking negatively about you, speak back. Tell that voice, "No, I am not disgusting...I made a mistake. I am human, and I will start over right now." YES, IT'S HARD TO DO THAT...at first. But, like anything else worth learning, practicing it over and over again makes it habit, and a good habit then replaces a bad habit, and you win.

Best of luck to you. :happy:
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much for taking the time to reply to this post. It all really means a lot to me and I appreciate it more that you think.

After reading a lot of the replies... I got up and went for a walk for diaper wipes and Tim Hortons for a coffee...got a small instead of a large lol. Battled the hill...its not a massive hill...about 5 mins down and 15 mins up....its really steep!

Ive been feeling this way for a few days now. Like I mentioned Ive been trying to lose weight since I had my 4th baby over a yr ago and if anything...I have gained 20 lbs since having him. My biggest issue is will power and complete laziness.

Im still waiting for that spark to go off in my brain to tell me to be serious and consistent with this.

Again thank you all so much for your replies!! Time to stop feeling sorry for myself.

xoxoxox

PS...Im not beatng myself up over just last night. Its been a few days thats I have compltely fallen of track. Last night jus made me realize everything.
  • brennsie
    Options
    Don't give up! I know its hard, but trust me in the long run its worth it to get in shape. Try slowly weening yourself off of junk food and focusing more on healthy. Cutting yourself off completely makes you more likely to get cravings and binge on high calorie treats. It takes a while (several months), but slowly you will find yourself liking healthy food over junk food more and more. Don't let this or any set back destroy you :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it. One bad day doesn't mean all is lost.

Pick yourself up.
    Dust yourself off.
    Do better tomorrow.
    Don't, don't, DON'T ever let yourself be discouraged.

The little engine wouldn't have made it up the hill if he was saying: "I think I can't, I think I can't..."
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite poems...

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    and forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What! You went over your calories a bit,
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done,
    that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
    - Author Unknown

Don't give up on yourself!

Borrowing this to put up on my fridge... Thank you for posting it. :flowerforyou:
  • shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    i have felt the way u are feeling a million times..the key is getting back on track. i probably hold some world record in self-sabotage... i constantly cheat but i try to make sure i get back onto my normal healthy routine right away. you are not a failure, its just a bump in the road... u are better than that and you are worth fighting for! i am rooting for u! you can feel free to friend me and we can cheer each other on!

You can do this!
  • vcferlita
    Options
    Just keep going
  • AshleyKleikamp
    AshleyKleikamp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Girl, as someone who's gone through that scenario myself like a million times, i can tell you, you just have to pick up and start over...make your next decision healthy, and the one after that, and the one after that, and so on... You cannot dwell on a decision you made yesterday and let it control how your TODAY happens. Start new, you got this...EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, screws up sometimes...don't beat yourself up about it, and change your attitude. YOU GOT THIS!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The difference between success and failure is this and only this: keep going. You can still end the month at a calorie deficit and weight loss. You have free will. Nobody is taking food out of packages and putting it into your mouth but you.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 80% diet. If you could open your diary we could take a look and see what you're eating.
    Read the book Eating Clean by Tosca Reno.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It's one setback. You will fluctuate 5 pounds often as a result of water retention and loss. Don't let a setback derail you. Obsessive thinking leads to frustration, overeating and a return to past behaviors. This is not a big deal. Log what you ate and move on the next day. You can do this.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to restart this whole trying to lose weight thing. Going to have to change my ticker from 5 lbs lost to 0 lbs lost.
    I have been doing so good saying NO to junk food for the past 2 weeks...but then last night happened.

As Im sitting on my front step waiting for trick or treaters...holding a giant bowl of candy and choolate...(my weakness) I snuck a starrt burst. That star burst turned into a few mini chocolate bars, a couple of mini bags of chips and a bag of popcorn with dill pickle powder while watching a movie with hubby last night. Pretty much the same thing today. I feel gross and repulsive. Starting to think you know what....maybe Im just supposed to be fat. I have been trying for a year to lose weight but Im just stuck at the same weight and Im not blaming anyone but myself. Im so lazy, tired and exsausted. I wanna keep going but I just wanna give up and accept the reality that itll never happen.

All I ever wanted was a before and after photo like all you wonderful people on here. But I just dont think I can do it.

Do not give up! You don't have to be perfect to do this. All you have to do is have more good days than bad days over time. After a bad day pick yourself up and keep going, keep your eye on the prize. You can do it if you don't give up.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.
  • Amatambi
    Options
    You want to lose weight? Well then quit whining and do it!! It is not fair to yourself as a person to declare you are "supposed" to be fat. Your body does so many amazing things that help you get through life, and you would be doing an EXTREMELY unjust thing by rolling over and dying like that.

And that was my attempt at being the "tough love, coachy-type mentor" person. Sorry if I hurt your feelings :flowerforyou:
    Weight loss is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging things a person can go through. But you're only making it tougher with that "poor me" attitude. Yeah, it probably wasn't a good idea to have all that junk, but so what? It is NOT the end of your journey. Weight loss does not happen instantaneously, and neither does weight gain. So many people forget that, and they get discouraged by a few bad days and think they've messed up everything. You absolutely CANNOT think like that. I saw someone on the forums (can't remember who) say "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that matters. It's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas."

If you really want this, I mean you really -need- to want to lose weight to be able to do it, you need to believe that you can. Not me, or your husband, or anyone else can do it for you. It has to be you. And in order for that to happen, you need to have confidence that there IS a skinny you living inside that is dying to get out and enjoy her life, the way it was MEANT to be enjoyed.