Busty ladies I need your help!

Options
13»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I went to a fancy schmancy lingerie shop and was properly fitted. What a difference! I had done the thing that is pretty common, had too large of a band size and too small of a cup size. I ended up with an Anita extreme sports bra (40G). The girls don't move much, but it's not constricting. The shoulder straps are nice, padded and moisture wicking. One of the best features is that the band has a nice clasp in the back, so I don't have to try to yank the thing over my head & chest. Yes, it was expensive, but it works and was well worth it. I end up handwashing it every night because I can't bear to wear any other ones.

Treat it like you would getting running shoes, get properly fitted & try on a few (yes, I did jump up & down in the dressing room). You are already doing something great by running, no use in torturing yourself by not having the tools you need to do it comfortably ;)
  • ErinN131
    Options
    Lululemon has really good sports bras! If you're going in they can give you some really good recommendations!
  • fruitsalad620
    fruitsalad620 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    36-I, and i've given up and just get two at target and double up. it's ridiculous, but there's only one place near me i've found that makes them in my size, and it's close to $100. or two from target for $20. *rolls eyes* i'm hoping losing enough weight will shrink the girls to the point that i CAN shop at Victoria's Secret...at the moment, i can hardly even fit their specialty sizes online...
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This one.

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Adjustable-Bounce-Control/dp/B00553XNM4/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1351819445&sr=1-1&keywords=glamorise+sports+bra

I am 36dd/ddd and I just started c25k too... This bra is very comfortable and holds the girls completely still and I can still breathe!

It hooks in the back, has no underwire but still gives excellent support without bounce. The level of support is adjustable too. All for under $40

:bigsmile:
  • angmcgrady
    Options
    I am so happy that I came across your question. I work as a Bra Fit Stylist at a wonderful lingerie store and some of my favorites are from Anita (Style#5527) and Freya (Style#aa4002). They are both great for high impact and are wonderfully supportive. If you can, go to a specialty lingerie shop where they can fit you.That will ensure a proper fit and comfort. :)
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Champion.com has great bras, and they have information on what type of bra to get for the level of activity. i also like, that they go into DD sizes, got to keep the girls secure!! And usually they have bra's on sale so they don't cost a fortune. FYI, keep up with the C25K, I ran a 5 k this summer for the first time ever at 42!!

Its empowering to achieve your fitness goals....but I still don't like running. haha. Much rather do a fitness class.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Thank you again everyone, for the advice and support. Thank you thank you thank you. You ladies are all fantastic and wonderful and awesome and I'm going bra shopping!!!!
  • jorayek
    Options
    I'm a 42DD and I had bought two bras - a Glamorise and Enell from Amazon. Measured for both of them since it was online and I hadn't tried either brand before. The Glamorise is very comfy and I don't have to wear any other bra with it. The Enell is like a medieval torture device in my opinion. I'm hoping it will fit a little better once my chest shrinks, since it was $64. :(
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42DD and I had bought two bras - a Glamorise and Enell from Amazon. Measured for both of them since it was online and I hadn't tried either brand before. The Glamorise is very comfy and I don't have to wear any other bra with it. The Enell is like a medieval torture device in my opinion. I'm hoping it will fit a little better once my chest shrinks, since it was $64. :(

Did you buy the wrong size? Mine isn't uncomfortable.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i am a D as well and didn't have troubles finding D's in sports bras, but i couldn't for the life of me find a sports bra that was over a 40 in band size! not anywhere, not even the plus sized stores. SO i got one a couple sizes too small, and man is it too tight, but my boobs hardly move! hopefully in another month or so, the band will ease up a bit.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Have you considered a binder? I think Mitt finds that his female coworkers really fill them up...could be useful.

(For the product reviews) http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Economy-Binder-1-Inch-Round/dp/B000V99JYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1351865394&sr=1-1&keywords=3+ring+binder+women
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 H. I have an Ennel, which works great, the only problem for me is that I am not a fan of the front clasps. I work out ALOT, so I find they get rusty quite quickly.

My favorite is a Shock Absorber. It is awesome.

Good Luck!
  • jorayek
    Options

Did you buy the wrong size? Mine isn't uncomfortable.

Maybe, but I checked the measurements again, I ordered a size 5, and my bust is within that range and my rib cage is right at the upper limit of that range. Just hoping maybe in a few weeks it will be comfortable enough to wear because it holds them down! I'm one of those afraid of getting a black eye on the treadmill for sure!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30E to a 30F. I've given up on ever running ever :P

I don't really mind though, running isn't my favorite and there's a lot of other forms of exercise out there! :)
  • 45taylor
    45taylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes a bra called the fiona that I love. Would not be able to keep up my running without it. Check out website 6pm.com and you can usually find a good discount. I also a 5 feet tall with small frame. Good luck!!!