Your workout ends. You are: STARVING! or lost your appetite

Options

Replies

• guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If I'm weightlifting, my PWO shake is enough for an hour or two (work out before work) and just eat a handful of nuts and a lot of water until lunch. Running is about the same. It might be that I'm just not pushing my intensity enough, because after we started TRX I could eat a baby cow (mmm veal)... and the same goes with swimming.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I NEVER have an appetite after my workouts. I have been forcing myself to drink 1% chocolate with whey right after tho
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I generally plan a protein shake or protein bar as a snack or meal for post workouts. I find it best to preplan and know in advance what I will have after the workout.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hard cardio makes me lose my appetite (running, elliptical). When I do weight training, I'm starving about halfway through!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I lose my appetite. Without fail, starving before and content afterwards. Helps me get from lunch to dinner...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Usually not hungry for a couple hours after a workout. But after awhile my appetite shows back up with a vengeance.
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I lose my appetite most of the time. Usually i eat a quick snack before the gym. Something light like a few slices of apple or if we have it i'll a string cheese and drink plenty of water while i'm working out.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Always starving post-workout and for hours afterward. It's really frustrating!!! :explode:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Usually not so hungry. If I have a very intense day, physically, the big appetite usually shows up the next day.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    For me it's the same way. I workout for 30-45 minutes and it seems to stave off my hunger. If I go for 60-100 minutes, I am about to die if I don't eat soon! I found these Ostrim turkey jerky sticks that are only 100 calories and full of protien! I like the Maple Brown Sugar and it's a great pre-workout fuel or post-workout snack!
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    On gym days I generally have less of an appetite after working out but the day after I tend to be starving!
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungry but I always fill up on water after I work out first. Usually you sweat a lot ( obviously) and you probably need water more than food at the moment. If after you've had plenty to drink then that's when I try a healthy snack.
  • PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ive had to get out of the pool earlier than normal before as was shaking with hunger....bloody sugar level low...but normally after gym i've lost my apetite for a bit..not long!!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ive had to get out of the pool earlier than normal before as was shaking with hunger....bloody sugar level low...but normally after gym i've lost my apetite for a bit..not long!!!

Bloody sugar! Gross!

Or intriguing........
  • Vogon42
    Options
    I have intense cravings for meat! Especially after lifting/weight machines.
    I get home and immediately throw on lean beef, turkey or fish and eat like 3 servings.
    I heard that its a good time to eat as metabolism is up after excersize.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is different. :] I plan my meals too, but it is a habit now.
    Usually I get ravenous after I lift weights. If I'm not ready to eat a whole meal I'll have a protein shake to keep my hunger at bay until I can get some real food. I'm usually not hungry after I run. I've been known to run 10 miles on an empty stomach and wait a couple of hours to eat. Sometimes it's different but this is the case the vast majority of the time.

My theory is that I growl and roar and sh1t when I'm lifting weights so my metabolism thinks I'm a tiger so I have to go hunt for food when I'm done.

Bloody sugar! Gross!

Or intriguing........
    You always make me laugh with your posts LOL
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It varies. Sometimes I am absolutely ravenous after a few hours, other times I have no increase in appetite whatsoever. Usually it has to do with the TYPE of workout--if I am glycogen depleted I usually get hungry after a few hours but it's SEVERE hunger..not some wimpy hunger.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm starving after a strength workout, and after an intense cardio session, don't get my appetite back for a few hours.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I pretty much am always starving after I work out , I think it's because I normally do it before I eat to make sure I have earn't my meal.
    Being alive for the 12 hours since 'dinner last night' earns me my breakfast.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Starving i need to get better organized and have the right foods to hand.