Do you see MFP as a Diet of a Lifestyle change?

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I see it as a means of helping me cram as much alcohol into the end of my day whilst trying not to turn myself into a quivering ball of lard.

It's very effective.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Proven by the fact that I've logged in every single day for more than 500 days and the fact that I've only lost 4 pounds in the last 8 months -- yeah, it's a lifestyle change. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of calories in/calories out to get back to losing like I was when I first started (2-3 lbs per week).

Until then, I'm hanging in there, exercising, eating better and finding what fits my life.

Good luck to you all on changing your life for the better!
  • Lifestyle change for sure. I see food in a totally different way now. Its not the enemy, its not in charge. I am the owner of this body and I will choose what it looks like, how healthy it is and what food its filters through. I still eat the 'bad foods' but only when I choose to and I'm not under the illusion that I 'need' them but I want them and to be honest.... chocolate makes me feel icky and a healthy packed salad makes me feel energised! Easy...
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    MFP is the tool to help keep us on track.
  • melanie8289
    melanie8289 Posts: 161 Member
    Definitely a lifestyle change, its made me realise that some of the things I thought were really bad are not and some of the things I thought were good (like diet biscuits and cakes) are actually still really bad. Its changing the way I eat. Now all I need to do is get the exercise sorted and I'm on a winner :)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Most definitely a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It *is* a diet of a lifestyle change, just as the title states. :laugh: :wink:
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    I'm done with diets.. definitely done with "fad" diets. This is a lifestyle for me.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Definitely a lifestyle change!! I do not want to go back to the weight I was and I know if I do not change my lifestyle I will. MFP is great and will help me keep myself on track to a healthier me!! :-)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    This really depends on the person. There are several people on here that will never understand how to eat because they are using MFP while continuing to follow a fad diet. Then there are the ones that will always go by MFPs calculated calorie goal and never do any further research on caloric intake and get frustrated when they plateau. Finally, you have the person who will fully embrace what this site provides, come at it with an open mind and the desire to learn.

The latter are the ones who will be successful.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Lifestyle change!

I have gone on and off diets and the weight always came back. Diet=temporary. A lifestyle change is a success you can hold forever!

Happy Friday!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    It's an educational tool for me. Since I plan to keep using it once I hit goal weight, I see it as a lifestyle change. I've lost weight plenty of times, but I've never maintained at any weight since before I was a teenager, so I will need MFP even more once I hit goal.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    definitely a lifestyle change, although i think a lot of us come here wanting help with weight loss and then our goal transforms into fitness, not just weight loss, and then it becomes a lifestyle change. you can literally witness that transition in the forums every day.
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    I see it as a lifestyle, I have learned how to pay attention to what I eat. Most diets tell you how to eat, even Weight Watchers gives you a set of guidelines to follow although you can eat what you want within those. MFP allows me to make choices based on how I am feeling, example... this morning I wanted a bagel sandwich so I got one, but I only ate half of it because I was aware of the calorie count. The upside is that I finished out my breakfast with an apple and a chai latte and am completely satisfied. In addition I have half an egg sandwich for tomorrow too.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Definitely lifestyle change!!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    With the ratio of ladies to men, seems more like Tsukiji :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:

Hey, I ain't discriminatin' ;)

question is...did you have to google it or did you know what it was? lol
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Definitely lifestyle change...Diet is not in my vocabulary...lol .
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Lifestyle change-I will be here forever!! lol

+1!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    i see it as helping me better my lifestyle for sure!
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Lifestyle for sure. Diets dont work longterm