going to texas road house today, any advice?

Options
i'm so not good at choosing healthy things to eat at resturants..
i really like their Grilled Barbecue Chicken but i'm sure that sause is no good for me.
or if i just eat half of the chicken given to me, would that be better?
or should i try something else?

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm so not good at choosing healthy things to eat at resturants..
    i really like their Grilled Barbecue Chicken but i'm sure that sause is no good for me.
    or if i just eat half of the chicken given to me, would that be better?
    or should i try something else?

ummm steak is better
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I normally get the Salmon when I go there.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Their chicken breast is soaked in butter and one breast there is usually around 1000 caloires. There really are no good otions there so I would suggest fitting your dinner in with a good workout or go over and enjoy the treat.

Best option: Get a small steak, salad and veggies, or the country veg plate (4 sides)...

I just get what sounds good and work it into my calories.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Prime rib and loaded baked potato
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    The MFP food database does have a lot of Texas Roadhouse items.

A lot of time, the main entree isn't the problem - it's all the side orders. So maybe stick with a plain steak or grilled chicken and stay away from the stuffed baked potato.
  • fattofit20
    Options
    That is my all time FAVORITE place to eat! What I've learned to do is eat more moderately. I get the 6 ounce sirloin instead of the 8 ounce. I always get a salad but only put one tbsp of dressing on it. Rather than a baked potato that I use to always get, I've been getting a lower calorie side. And, I always splurge on one of their delicious rolls with that yummy butter. I use less butter than I use to and try to only eat one roll instead of two. Try not to eat as much during the day and save your calories for going out to dinner tonight. Oh, and enjoy!
  • SlimmingSarah2012
    Options
    Try the sirloin kabob...it's delicious, lean and is served with yummy grilled peppers & onions. Pair with salad (dressing on the side) and baked potato (don't get crazy with the toppings). Their rolls are the bomb...so let yourself have one and then you are done!!! Good luck and order some water to fill you up before your food comes.
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the 6oz sirloin with steamed veggies, salad with light dressing. Avoid the rolls or limit yourself to one (as hard as that is! I love their rolls and cinnamon butter!)

Enjoy!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Their Steak Kabobs are REALLY good and very low cal!!!! I think you get 2, and it's under 200 calories. They serve it over a bed of rice, 1/2 a cup of their rice is about 100 calories, but you could always ask for a different side like salad or veggies. They're super delicious too!! That's my fav meal there. If you get an appetizer, the fried pickles are amazing and half the basket is only 150 calories. Lot of sodium, though! :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Texas Roadhouse, but normally when I go to a steakhouse I get a filet, baked sweet potato (plain, not because I have anything against butter, but I love the taste of sweet potatoes so I don't think it needs any help) and a vegetable.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The sautéed mushrooms are my fav but probably not good on calories or fat.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Eat about a fourth of what they give you. Srsly. Haven't been there in a while, but I remember the portions being rather large. And tell them don't even set the rolls on the table!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Try the sirloin kabob...it's delicious, lean and is served with yummy grilled peppers & onions. Pair with salad (dressing on the side) and baked potato (don't get crazy with the toppings). Their rolls are the bomb...so let yourself have one and then you are done!!! Good luck and order some water to fill you up before your food comes.

^This. And I always ask them NOT to dredge the steak with butter.
  • CronaPiko
    Options
    thank you so much everyone :3
    such good advice, i didn't know the chicken is cover'd in butter, maybe i will get the fish, only reason i wouldn't get steak is because i don't like steak..
    but fish and steamed veggies might be my best choice..
    i don't think i need to worry about the rolls..i hate the rolls..i'm more likily to snack on the penuts.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You can also try asking for a to go box as soon as you get there, take half of whatever you order and put away for later. It helps me
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Order the petite sirloin with no seasoning or added salt, a plain baked or sweet potato and veggies. Stay away from the rolls, butter, and appetizers and you should be good to go. Drink lots of water though because the veggies can be salty especially the green beans. Enjoy!!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A good rule to follow when eating out anywhere - eat HALF the portions they give you. Steer clear of bread & sauces. Try to go with just grilled meats & veggies. You may go over a bit, but it's not going to totally de-rail the train!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yeah, here's my advice. Order that 22-ounce prime rib. It's not on the menu, and it's like $28, but man, that's some awesome meat! :)
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken, Veggies, Salad

If you get anything else Half it and save for tomorrow
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Jealous!!

I usually go with the steak kabob plate. The entire thing is pretty reasonable in calories. And it's VERY yummy!!