going to texas road house today, any advice?

Options

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Lots of bread and that cinnamon butter Mmmmmmm so good. Then just workout! Just remember that extra weight is going to sit in your intestines, and colon for a couple of days so you might not lose any weight, until you release the fudgies in a couple of days.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I usually get a petite filet mignon, a sweet potato (minus the brown sugar, butter and marshmallows) and a salad. That or salmon but ask for the 'sauce' on the side. They also have other veggies you can order with your meal. Enjoy!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I always get the six ounce sirloin and the side salad, bring my own dressing, and avoid the rolls!!

I don't think the grilled bbq chicken would be awful. Look it up on here and see how many calories?
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's not too hard to choose, because there really is usally a small choice on healthy items..Salad always works, grilled chicken or any lean meat with a veggie, stay away from that awsome bread.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Love their ribs and fried pickles. I always order a basket of the pickles and share with whoever I go with. I order a half rack of ribs and ask them to bring a box with the meal and immediately put half of it away. Also, take it easy on the rolls as good as I know they are.

It's Friday night! Enjoy it and put in a good hard workout tomorrow.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken, Veggies, Salad

If you get anything else Half it and save for tomorrow

this ....& no bread
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    prime rib and as much as that cinnamon butter and rolls as you can stuff in your face
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    or eat whatever you want and work out after
    lifes no fun if you never get to splurge
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try the sirloin kabob...it's delicious, lean and is served with yummy grilled peppers & onions. Pair with salad (dressing on the side) and baked potato (don't get crazy with the toppings). Their rolls are the bomb...so let yourself have one and then you are done!!! Good luck and order some water to fill you up before your food comes.

^ agree!! i love the sirloin kabob, with a salad (no egg), and i get steamed vegetables instead of baked potato, but the kabob is so flavorful that it made me okay with not being able to eat their yummy ribs! it is soo flavorful!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Garden salad to start, dressing on the side, they will likely have some sort of vinegrette, choose that. Get a petite filet and a double order of steamed broccoli. Skip the potato. Skip the rolls with butter, if you can ( I know they're sooooooo good). Go with water, not soda or booze.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Garden salad to start, dressing on the side, they will likely have some sort of vinegrette, choose that. Get a petite filet and a double order of steamed broccoli. Skip the potato. Skip the rolls with butter, if you can ( I know they're sooooooo good). Go with water, not soda or booze.

great way to ruin a awesome dinner
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I normally have the salmon at TRH.

To help in your healthy choices if you have an android phone there is a free app called Restaurant Nutrition. Not sure if available for iPhone.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always get the smallest sirloin with steamed veggies and the green beans. I skip the rolls to save calories for a nice draft beer.

You can work it in! :)
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Order your steak rare. That is the only advice you need when going to Road House. Enjoying delicious rolls and loaded baked potatoes are a given ;)
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    just dont get bread or an appetizer :-)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken, Veggies, Salad

If you get anything else Half it and save for tomorrow

As I mentioned above, they soak their chicken breasts in butter and one runs about 1000-1200 calories. JUST FOR THE CHICKEN!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go to Roadhouse about once a week. He's eats whatever he wants, but here is what I do and it's been very successful:

Main:
    - 8 ounce sirloin (I ask them to leave off the basting sauce)
    2 Sides:
    - House salad with no croutons, cheese or egg
    - House Italian dressing on the side
    - Mixed vegetables (usually broccoli and carrots) and I ask them to leave off the sauce, just plain steamed

Tips:
    - I do NOT eat the delicious homemade rolls with cinnamon butter!
    - I use about 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing
    - I drink water
    - I eat 10 peanuts while waiting for dinner
    - I take home half the steak for another meal, I love cold steak!

They have been very accommodating at my roadhouse and it's a great high protein meal.

Have fun, their steaks are delicious :)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I always order the grilled chicken with sauteed mushrooms and instead of any mashed potatoes or anything i get the sauteed greenbeans...they're delicious.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    small 6 oz steak, veggies, and plain sweet potato. Yummy and the perfect plate. Either have them not bring the bread or try hard to have just 1 piece. Delish. and plan a walk or a workout for later