ripe banana = diet setback?

Options

Replies

• BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes. You should eliminate that banana. Usually 4-8 hours after you eat it I believe.

I lol'ed
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Find a food you can make people afraid of !
    Step 2 - Advertise how evil said food is, and offer a secret alternative in the form of a powder/cleanse/shake
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style
    Step 4 - Deposit your riches.

Haha...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's just a stupid advertisement trying to sell you some bull crap.

^^ This

Bananas are great! And of course, you *should* wait until they are ripe to eat them.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yes. You should eliminate that banana. Usually 4-8 hours after you eat it I believe.

rofl
  • Vogon42
    Options
    it's funny but that exact same question is what brought me here to mfp in the first place -i had googled it, and somehow i ended up here. I'm glad I did. This is a great resource!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Find a food you can make people afraid of !
    Step 2 - Advertise how evil said food is, and offer a secret alternative in the form of a powder/cleanse/shake
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style
    Step 4 - Deposit your riches.

Bahahahaha! Awesome....
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    You meant "squats" right?

That too
    SQUATS
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bananas are a good source of potassium. I eat them all of the time. Or... most of the time, at least.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat a TON of bananas. It has not hurt me a bit :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat 3 bananas and am still losing weight at a steady pace. 1.5 pounds per week on average. So NO bananas are not evil or bad for people on a diet.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    bananas are neither harmful NOR or they the magical food that many people seem to believe. They are higher calorie, higher carb, higher sugar than most things.

If you want to devote that many calories to your daily total, that's up to you. But dont eat them because you think they are super healthy or something like that. They are ok, and thats it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    it's funny but that exact same question is what brought me here to mfp in the first place -i had googled it, and somehow i ended up here. I'm glad I did. This is a great resource!

Wow, the moldy banana ad actually did something good...!

Somehow this is a metaphor for life. It just has to be.

Even the moldiest bananas/crappiest of ads with the worst intentions ... can bring good things into your life if you let them!

:sick: .... Sorry, that's too sappy. I'm just in a super good mood today.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    AdBlock Plus.

You're welcome.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    YES! Quit eating bananas! They have calories! you should be sticking to water only!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    "I aint falling for no banana in my tailpipe!" - Axel Foley

you're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Did you know that the ripper the banana is, the higher the immune activity is? The degree of anti-cancer effect corresponds to the degree of ripeness of the banana. This means a fully ripped banana has the highest anti-cancer property. Research shows that banana produces a substance called TNF (Tumor necrosis factors) which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. TNF refers to a group of cytokines family that can cause cell death (apoptosis). The first two members of the family to be identified were Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and Tumor necrosis factor-beta (TNF-β).

95bf6a0ae8c411e19a4b22000a1cdc07_7.jpg
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the ripper the banana is, the higher the immune activity is? The degree of anti-cancer effect corresponds to the degree of ripeness of the banana. This means a fully ripped banana has the highest anti-cancer property. Research shows that banana produces a substance called TNF (Tumor necrosis factors) which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. TNF refers to a group of cytokines family that can cause cell death (apoptosis). The first two members of the family to be identified were Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and Tumor necrosis factor-beta (TNF-β).

95bf6a0ae8c411e19a4b22000a1cdc07_7.jpg
    That *kitten* is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Bananas are only a problem is you're A. doing low carb and it knocks you out of ketosis B. diabetic and they spike your blood sugars. I tend to avoid them because I'm diabetic and they spike my blood sugars. :sad:
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants an easy answer to fat loss, and advertisments prey on misinformation to make money off of that. No food in of itself is going to ruin your diet, and bananas are a great food, especially in the morning. I eat one almost everyday with breakfast either in a smoothie or with peanutbutter.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The only thing with a ripe banana is that when it starts to ripen the starches are breaking down and it tends to be more sugared so they may spike your blood sugar slightly more than a banana that's less ripe. That's true for most fruits. Someone with blood sugar issues may want to watch for over ripened fruit because of the sugar spike but other than that it's a personal preference.

I tend to like lesser ripened fruit for eating but as someone else posted the over ripe fruit is perfect for baking!!! :drinker: