ripe banana = diet setback?

Options

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    The more ripe a banana is the higher sugar content, better to eat when it still has a little green on the outside.:smile:
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    They're just trying to stop people eating bananas so that they can have all the bananas to themselves. What greedy people!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The more ripe a banana is the higher sugar content, better to eat when it still has a little green on the outside.:smile:

Ewwwwwww :sick:
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    No one gets fat from eating fruit. I eat a lot of fruit. The more fruit I eat, the more weight I lose. I also find bananas are more filling than some other fruits. I'm also diabetic and my sugar levels are pretty much always looking good.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    bananas are neither harmful NOR or they the magical food that many people seem to believe. They are higher calorie, higher carb, higher sugar than most things.

If you want to devote that many calories to your daily total, that's up to you. But dont eat them because you think they are super healthy or something like that. They are ok, and thats it.

They are better than ok. Bananas are *almost* the best fruit out there. I give slightly higher props to seedless red grapes. The best bet is to mix bananas and strawberries though.

StrawberryBananaSmoothieRecipeSmallPic.jpg
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I didn't know this about the sugar content, but I always liked my bananas more firm.... If they start to get the brown spots on the peel, well someone else gets to eat it ha ha!
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't get fat from eating too many bananas. Just sayin.
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually watched the presentation from the ad sight. Funny thing is, bananas were not on the do not eat list. :laugh:
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am getting the ad looking at this post :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't get fat from eating too many bananas. Just sayin.

you easily could if you ate enough of them (like anything else)

just sayin
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

you easily could if you ate enough of them (like anything else)

just sayin

I think you would be in the bathroom too often and that would be discouraging enough before you could ever eat enough to become obese. If i eat more than one, then it's bathroom time! More than two and WATCH OUT! CLEAR THE ROOM! :laugh:

Beer and chocolate is what helped me become obese. (And and sitting around on my *kitten*!)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Beer and chocolate is what helped me become obese. (And and sitting around on my *kitten*!)

beer or bananas...the point is it was too many calories that made you obese, not one type of drink or food

the calories in bananas will have the same effect as the calories in beer if they are in excess of what you need
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My Dad always said you never see any fat monkeys

Also I always hur hur hur at women eating them - yes im a child
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    AAAACK did anyone see that banana the week he got eyes, a whole face, and did a little jig, then pointed to his banana crotch? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THIS?!?!?!
  • T1230
    T1230 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use bananas in my morning smoothies too with a scoop of protein powder. Do you know you can freeze them. I wait til they are alittle ripe then freeze to make my smoothie alittle thicker like a shake. I agree with the above post, just to get your attention. .
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    omg. it's so hard for me not to be a total smart *kitten* when i post here. i'm constantly biting my tongue. it's RAW
  • beanerific518
    Options

beer or bananas...the point is it was too many calories that made you obese, not one type of drink or food

the calories in bananas will have the same effect as the calories in beer if they are in excess of what you need

Very true and I can't argue that. However, how many obese people sit down and gorge on bananas?? Replace the word banana with oreo and you have a likely scenario.

To the OP: if you like bananas, eat a banana! Remember moderation and track it in your calories and macros. Plus you get the nutritional benefits of a whole food versus something processed.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas most days, But then I have only lost 68lbs so far, so what would I know :bigsmile:

Brilliant comment! Yeah, don't listen to anyone about "wrong" foods. If you're counting the calories in them, and you're hitting your goal, enjoy whatever you want!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The ad is full of crap.

Bananas are WIN
    add PB and mouthgasm ensues.

^^^This!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Find a food you can make people afraid of !
    Step 2 - Advertise how evil said food is, and offer a secret alternative in the form of a powder/cleanse/shake
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style
    Step 4 - Deposit your riches.

^^^^Now if we can just find a food of our own that freaks people out we can be RICH