Mike’s Daily Rant 11/02/2012 Topic: Starting Monday

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    you know, you have your own blog you can use...

Thanks for pointing out what he likely already knew but chose this particular venue instead. Don't like it = don't read it. :noway:

LOL. I love your reply but I attempted to be a little more political lol. Im working on that.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    you know, you have your own blog you can use...

Thanks for pointing out what he likely already knew but chose this particular venue instead. Don't like it = don't read it. :noway:

you're not the boss of me.

LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This is pretty long so I'm just going to read it on Monday....

That is funny!!

Great post, I think we are ALL guilty of the Monday game, I mean I know I am. Mondays in general SUCK, so it was good to push her to a TODAY mind frame, I mean what is she waiting for, what are we all waiting for. Monday maybe??????

Great Reply. She was waiting for nothing to happen. Which is what would or wouldnt have happened had I not told her that I was done.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Man that is some genius advice right there. Procrastination and weight loss do not mix. Period.

At all in fact. If all of us fat people learned this.....
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Your posts are very helpful to me. Thanks.

Thank You I am so happy to hear that!! Thats why I continue to post here versus the boring Blog! LOL.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good Post!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Great advice. This is actually how I quit smoking. I walked out of work at 5PM on a Monday <only a coincidence>. I lit the last cigarette in my pack. It was snowing big, wet, fluffy flakes and I was on the bus. I knew I would have to get off the bus and walk through the big, wet, fluffy flakes to buy another pack.

It was December 28, 1998. I could have waited until New Year's Day. Or next Monday. Or my birthday. Or any other magical date on the calendar that allowed me to keep doing what I was doing. Instead, I quit.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Heh. Now I feel like a jerk because I just stated in another thread that I plan to start the Insanity DVD workout my husband bought on Monday. Though in my case, I was actually totally serious when I said that, and I may, in fact, start Sunday.
    Right I'm working on a massive deadline so starting it today is out. Actually, I shouldn't even be wasting time posting here. Gotta get back to work.

LOL I love this post.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Good Post!

Thank You!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    MikeMontana? Like Tony Montana? Sorry...

Congrats on your weight loss & I'm glad there are people out there like you that are willing to assist those that need it the most. I completely understand about not wanting to help those that are not truly committed. That is why I have a tough time working out with friends because they always seem to take the short-cut. I'm here to sweat and lose the lbs not just take the easy route.

Thanks for your post!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Great advice. This is actually how I quit smoking. I walked out of work at 5PM on a Monday <only a coincidence>. I lit the last cigarette in my pack. It was snowing big, wet, fluffy flakes and I was on the bus. I knew I would have to get off the bus and walk through the big, wet, fluffy flakes to buy another pack.

It was December 28, 1998. I could have waited until New Year's Day. Or next Monday. Or my birthday. Or any other magical date on the calendar that allowed me to keep doing what I was doing. Instead, I quit.

Thats a powerful testimony and you quit on my Mother's Birthday! You are awesome!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    MikeMontana? Like Tony Montana? Sorry...

Congrats on your weight loss & I'm glad there are people out there like you that are willing to assist those that need it the most. I completely understand about not wanting to help those that are not truly committed. That is why I have a tough time working out with friends because they always seem to take the short-cut. I'm here to sweat and lose the lbs not just take the easy route.

Thanks for your post!

LOL Yes Like Tony Montana with not accent just like the state. Thank You! I feel that if you are truly committed I love to help. If not, its a waste of time no matter how much I may like you. People like that can really hold you back. I must commend you for working with your friends as well and NOT allowing them to hold you back from completing your goal! You have done an amazing job thus far! 96 pounds?!?!? You are kicking Butt!!! Keep it up.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the other excuse I hear often.. "I could never run, I have bad knees"

Well guess what. I got planar faciatias from over training. I stopped running for a bit, BUT I DIDN'T STOP EXERCISING even though it would have been a reasonable excuse to most people. Instead I started using the exercise bike and the ARC trainer.

This! I have one friend who uses "bad knees" as an excuse not to exercise. There's a LOT of stuff out there that doesn't require knees, or is low-impact. When I suggested the alternatives, I got shot down, which to me says they're not interested in the first place.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This reminds me of the other excuse I hear often.. "I could never run, I have bad knees"

Well guess what. I got planar faciatias from over training. I stopped running for a bit, BUT I DIDN'T STOP EXERCISING even though it would have been a reasonable excuse to most people. Instead I started using the exercise bike and the ARC trainer.

This! I have one friend who uses "bad knees" as an excuse not to exercise. There's a LOT of stuff out there that doesn't require knees, or is low-impact. When I suggested the alternatives, I got shot down, which to me says they're not interested in the first place.

At All!!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Thats a powerful testimony and you quit on my Mother's Birthday! You are awesome!!!

Then I got fat.
    Now I'm here.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! So very true of many of us procrasinated until we were 'ready'. However, I didn't see anyone state the obvious here.... Mike, you do realize you have afan club in the office there, don't you? Adele is your little office stalker.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    This is so true. And also what happens between now and Monday is that we overeat because we are "dieting" on Monday. So we gain another pound or 2 or 3 in overeating. Then Monday comes and you find an excuse why you can't start. It's a vicious cycle but one that can be broken but you really gotta wanna. :happy:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I find myself doing this with other things (non weight loss related). Great post!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Awesome post! So very true of many of us procrasinated until we were 'ready'. However, I didn't see anyone state the obvious here.... Mike, you do realize you have afan club in the office there, don't you? Adele is your little office stalker.

Haaaaaa LOL Cut it out!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This is so true. And also what happens between now and Monday is that we overeat because we are "dieting" on Monday. So we gain another pound or 2 or 3 in overeating. Then Monday comes and you find an excuse why you can't start. It's a vicious cycle but one that can be broken but you really gotta wanna. :happy:

Right!