Any Canadians feeling the same?!!

Options
Hey guys, just wondering of any of my fellow Canadians are feeling the urge to eat everything in sight and bulk up for winter!!
Seems everyone is always so afraid of gaining weight around Christmas, but for me, its October....the weather is starting to cool right off, im staying in the house more, gravitating towards the comfort foods...having Thanksgiving and all that yummy food, followed so closely by Halloween and all the treats has my will power shot all to hell! I lost 1lb comming into October and gained 3lbs comming out! Grrrr. Just wondering of any of you are having the same issue and any tips to fight it?!!! lol :P

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    really? am i the only one?!!! lol crap.
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    maybe i just need to go for a tan, get that vit D in me!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well, you only wait 7 minutes for responses :-) I have been pigging out since Sept, but for November I am off the junk and back to clean eating. Dec-Feb will be bulking up, but hopefully with muscle :p)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's weird but when winter hits I lose the will to eat. Or maybe it's because I have a mad crush right now. Or maybe I'm sick?

Eh. I always find it easier to lose weight during the winter. I'm an anomaly that way!
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nope, your not alone........ all I want to do is eat eat eat as it gets colder. I bought a new slow cooker (thanks Pinterest) so hopefully i'll make some healthy soups to curb my nom'ing.
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    Nope, your not alone........ all I want to do is eat eat eat as it gets colder. I bought a new slow cooker (thanks Pinterest) so hopefully i'll make some healthy soups to curb my nom'ing.

oooh and chilli! mmmmm.
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    It's weird but when winter hits I lose the will to eat. Or maybe it's because I have a mad crush right now. Or maybe I'm sick?

Eh. I always find it easier to lose weight during the winter. I'm an anomaly that way!

haha so funny that we eat less when we're feeling all new and lovey...but then when we're all comfy in love we gain weight! lmao!
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!! You are sooooo right. October is the month when the yummy cream soups come out, the macaroni and cheese, chili, pot roast, stews, baked apples, and a million other things I'd never dream of eating in the summer. It's so hard for me to "be good" right now... and the depressing knowledge that 6 months of WINTER is ahead of us is almost overwhelming. No wonder we Northerners suffer from seasonal depression... "S.A.D." indeed.

Where I live in Ontario we got our first snowfall this morning. :angry: ARRGGHHHHH!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

haha so funny that we eat less when we're feeling all new and lovey...but then when we're all comfy in love we gain weight! lmao!

AH! Don't say that! i don't wanna gain this back!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out outside in the winter than the summer, so it works for me. I'd much rather walk in -15/-20 then +30. I hate the summer, haha.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I used to have difficulty around this time of year, but this year I have increased my daily protein intake to ~100 g/ day and I have not had any urges to binge or overeat.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am British so weather not quite as cold as you but it does get pretty wet and miserable and certainly I crave the winter warming soups and Sunday roast dinners now that it is darker.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Oh yah der hey. Gonna hunt me that moose and eat all the innerds der hey so i can ride my new moose coupe home from my lumber jack factory der hey and sleep in my ice rink house because i love hockey der hey. I have to bulk up der hey or my beard is gonna look wierd. der hey.
  • knitmom71
    knitmom71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm trying extra hard to stick to my goals this month, because we're traveling in early December and then there are all the holiday parties and extra eating at the end of the year. I am trying to bring down my cholesterol levels, and go for a recheck in mid-January. That's the only thing keeping me from baking up a storm to prepare for winter. I don't bake in the summer because I don't like to heat up the house, but come October, I'm usually baking any free time I can get.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    After Thanksgiving I felt really bloated and realised that in just one weekend of over eating I gain like 5 pounds, and ALL my clothes were super tight. I used that weekend as motivation to stick to my calories and sweat my *kitten* off at the gym. Halloween, well yesterday was a write off. I say I got 6 months of winter to get my body ready for summer. Slow and steady.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    yeah.. . the cooler weather does have me craving carbs. Or anything cooked in a crock pot. I need to make some chili, LOL!

It also has me wanting to burrow under blankets on the couch instead of going outside for a walk.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I believe winter is the perfect time to lose weight. I mean, there is almost nothing else to do outside, and even if there is, it's effin' cold with inches on snow EVERYWHERE! not only is it a walking hazard especially for accident prone people like me, but it is dangerous to drive on the roads too!

So yeah, instead of hibernating and just grabbing anything in sight like a starved zombie, I prefer working out and watching my diet. It is just perfect. And then after 4 months of the cold, you come out from a cocoon of fat, a beautiful slim person :) Ready to mingle and just show off your body in summer. Hehe.

So buckle up honey, and enjoy "making it rain" indoors :)
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    I used to have difficulty around this time of year, but this year I have increased my daily protein intake to ~100 g/ day and I have not had any urges to binge or overeat.

great suggestion! thanks!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried losing weight in the winter yet. Just started in September. I think I'll survive!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I went searching for a lowish sodium hot chocolate mix and found it - Nestle Rolo, FWIW. Hot chocolate makes cold, wet Newfie winters bearable.