Any Canadians feeling the same?!!

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    OMG this is soo me! I want to jsut eat eat eat and wear tons of layers lol! I'm a total suck when it comes to being cold(body still hasn't adjusted to the weight loss I swear!)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I went searching for a lowish sodium hot chocolate mix and found it - Nestle Rolo, FWIW. Hot chocolate makes cold, wet Newfie winters bearable.
    MMMMM!
    ya i dont envy you guys out hat way at all!
    im in thunder bay ontario, so we get some wicked cold days being right on the shore of lake superior. chillie willie! lol
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i plan to get into the best shape of my life this winter..:)
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    All I want to do is sleep and have stew. So I crockpot and make sure there's lots of fiber in there. I have a spicy white chili in my freezer that makes you super full because its full of chicken and white kidney beans. Lasts me for hours.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I seem to be okay right up until Christmas. Then my mom makes caramel popcorn twists, nuts and bolts, butter tarts, and every delicious cookie under the sun. Not just that, but there's ALWAYS a tray of snacks out.

I plan to not get too crazy this year. It's going to be tough, that's for sure.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hitting 85 deg F here in Phoenix today...just sayin'!

We get a good number of Canadian snow birds this time of year...not to mention geese.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It is my plan to bulk this winter...So yes!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    My problem is that the fall/winter just makes me want to bake yummy treats. I never really feel llike baking in the summer.

That being said, I am very determined to not go overboard this year.

Then next year I will hopefully be bulking to put on muscle, just not ready for that yet since I still have a good chunk of weight to lose.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Oh yah der hey. Gonna hunt me that moose and eat all the innerds der hey so i can ride my new moose coupe home from my lumber jack factory der hey and sleep in my ice rink house because i love hockey der hey. I have to bulk up der hey or my beard is gonna look wierd. der hey.
    der hey? you do realize we don't talk like this.....
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It is my plan to bulk this winter...So yes!

FTW!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    For me, it's January. :ohwell:

I;m OK in October...there are birthdays and Halloween to keep me occupied.
    November is my month for Christmas shopping.....busy busy!
    December is Christmas Party Month, Decorating MOnth, and then the big holiday itself.

January is just....boring. Hubs is usually out ice fishing all weekend, so I am alone with the kids, who are also bored. lol. :sad:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out outside in the winter than the summer, so it works for me. I'd much rather walk in -15/-20 then +30. I hate the summer, haha.

I'm the same way. I thrive in colder weather. I become lethargic and lazy in warm weather.
  • SyllyThings
    SyllyThings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Never thought of it being the change in weather, but ya I want to eat! I thought I was doing so good but than Thanksgiving in October, I am struggling to not eat junk and now there is Halloween candy in the house!!! Oi.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm not Canadian (but my grammy was from Nova Scotia) but I live in NH which is right below you, and yes this same feeling hits me about now :)
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!!! I can't seem to get warm and all I want to do is snuggle up with comfort food and a book or movie. (Maybe nap...lol) I am drinking herbal tea and it seems to be helping curb some of the cravings. Now if I can just make myself get some movement in.... I am having a hard time motivating myself to work out . :yawn:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Oh yah der hey. Gonna hunt me that moose and eat all the innerds der hey so i can ride my new moose coupe home from my lumber jack factory der hey and sleep in my ice rink house because i love hockey der hey. I have to bulk up der hey or my beard is gonna look wierd. der hey.

-_- I shan't comment. Ignorance is never bliss.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options

WTF?
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I definitely gravitate towards heartier, richer comfort foods when the cold sets in. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with eating richer foods when it's cold though. Just try to control your portions. It is harder for me to stick with healthier eating this time of the year, particularly in November, because there are a lot of social events - galas, dinners, parties, what have you. December is not so bad for me, because I typically host Christmas and I never have had an issue with over indulging in holiday fare. What I have trouble with sometimes is over indulging in alcohol!!! But like another poster, January to March is hard for me, because that's when I tend to be a bit down (cold, holidays are over), and will reach for the sweets to soothe my soul!

ETA: forgot to add tips. I'm training for a spring half marathon, and that will be enough incentive for me to eat well. I don't just want to finish, I have a goal time, so I will have to work hard this winter to achieve that level of fitness.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I actually find it easier this time of year - ironically. It's when I'm OK to put a huge pot of soup or home-made chili on the stove. I can eat really healthly this way. Or be happy with some baked squash for dinner. It's the summer with bbq's and camping and smores and coolers and potato chips that does me in. I guess we all have our challenges. More power to you, though.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If anything, I'm the opposite. I'm trying to stay away from hearty foods and junk so I can build up a buffer for Xmas. LOL!