Need a new book!

2»

Replies

• feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    chuck palahniuk. I reccomend starting with fight club, but all of his books are great. I'm currently re-reading lullaby for the 3rd time, and i just got done re-reading the harry potter series. You should definitely read all of them if you haven't!

on my need to read list right now is:

House of leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk
  • gryphon
    gryphon Posts: 172
    I highly recommend:

George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (series)
    Anything by Terry Pratchett ("Mort" would be a good start)
    Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Series
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    JD Salinger died yesterday... so I'm going to re-read Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey, two of my favourites.
  • Looks like my list of need to read is piling up! : ) I'm starting a book club with a few of my friends because we all seem to be interested in the same books. This is giving me some great ideas on a list! Thanks you soo much! I love to have a cuppa tea or coffee with my friends while chatting about the latest book find!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Thanks for this post. I am a book-a-holic and always looking for new book ideas. I will have to try the Hunger Games series.

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is wonderful. You may like Katie MacAllister's Aisling Grey, Guardian series. The Time Traveler's Wife was very good.

Have you tried books on tape or MP3 format? I love working out while listening to a book.

Some other ideas out of the fantasy genre that you seem to like: Jodi Picoult has some great books on social issues, Brad Meltzer and David Baldacci are my favorite mystery/suspense book authors, and Janet Evanovich always brings a laugh (some good fluff reading).

Good luck with the book club. I started one 6 years ago and have expanded my reading into other areas. Try Reading Group Guides website for ideas on how to form a club and for example discussion questions. Let me know if you want to know what has worked with our group.
This discussion has been closed.