Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/3/12

Options

Replies

• trudob
    trudob Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love these posts! Congratulations to everyone. I have had so many little things and they feel way more amazing then even seeing numbers on scales!
    I went out last weekend and wore a tight fitting dress (haven't been able to do that in ages) and I posted a picture on FB, followed by notifications on notifications of people saying how amazing I'm looking.
    I started at a large size 12 now hardly any of my clothes fit me and I brought 2 pairs of size 8 shorts the other day!
    I now love going to the gym and exercise!
    BUT the most amazing thing of all is I now have respect and love for myself something I was hugely lacking!
    Loving this life!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Do I ever love this thread. Makes me a bit teary-eyed to read!

As of the last week or so I've been feeling particularily happy because I used to look at thinner girls and "wish I was them". Now I am satisfied with myself because I know I take care of my body... I know the nutrients it needs and I do my best to get them in order to function properly. I run because I imagine my heart just loving it and becoming stronger, pumping blood faster and helping me live better. Even though I don't have my idea of the "ideal body" I will get there. I look in the mirror and give myself a smile because right now I'm doing the best I can. I know I will reach my goals now.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I bought two new pairs of jeans in a UK size 14. One's a tiny bit tighter than ideal, but I'm waaaay happier with them than the 18s I was wearing a few months ago! The trousers I bought three years ago - thinking that they'd be an incentive to lose weight - have fitted me for about three weeks, and are already loose! :smile:

Big NSV for me: when I catch sight of my reflection, I double-take to check that I really do look like that now - it's been over ten years since the outside was even close to how my head wants to think I look!

I want to go on a big shopping spree, but have another size to go ideally. Might not be realistic, but I want to give it a shot...
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ordered new work clothes, four inches smaller in the waist. The old clothes were very tight when I started and now the shirts are loose and the pants are all but falling down!
  • mzgogins4801
    Options
    stayed @ the gym for 1.5 hours today and burned 800+ calories between the elliptical for 50 min and treadmill for 40 min.
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    wore socks for the entire day, without ripping them off cause they were cutting in. Whew..thank god cause i was getting worried i'd have cold feet all winter,lol.
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I tried on a bunch of my old clothes because my mom wanted to donate some, and I'm amazed what fits now! I have clothes that are five years old that fit pretty good again (that's freshman year of high school). I don't notice the progress on my body as much as in my clothes.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Pulled out my winter clothes and NOTHING fit! Tried on some 'skinny' clothes and these ones it! I am officially down another size. 2 sizes down in just 5 months. This is huge for someone my height and usually takes me 30-40lbs. I credit this to working out so hard.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Today I wore a belt around my hips that I used to only be able to wear up around my natural waist! And I went bra shopping and went from a 36D to a 34D! lol both huge NSVs for me. Also I walked around the city for almost 6 hours straight today and my back didn't hurt at all.
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I fit in a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to wear in years :)
  • Ktewson
    Ktewson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can finally shop in the non-plus-sized section of Target. Not for everything, and I'm in the largest non-plus size, but this is huge for me.

I did 45 minutes on the rowing machine this morning.
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had to go buy some new jeans and tops for an upcoming trip to colder weather, because the stuff I had from last winter are falling off of me!
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have three:

1) I lost the weight of a border terrier. Found that out when i weighed him and weighed almost as much as I started with both of us on the scale.
    2) Made cupcakes today and did not eat the batter or anything of that nature. That was very hard but I DID IT!
    3) My work clothes used to be tight on me and I remember having to suck in and jump to get into them and now they are getting baggy. We are about to switch uniforms and have different color pants so I am waiting on getting a new pair.
  • Freakbunny
    Freakbunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right this minute, I am wearing jeans that I haven't been able to fit in over 5 years! I tried them on three weeks ago and I couldn't even do the button up, now they are on and comfy, snug... but that's good as I'm running out of clothes that fit, fast!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone; these are lovely to read.

Mine from the last few days:

- I can cross my legs easier without one leg way up in the air
    - I can tie my shoes easier
    - I'm shrinking out of the only two pairs of work pants that fit me. Gonna have to buy some new ones.
    - Two of my lovely friends told me 'You're shrinking!' when we were going to a Haloween party and I was feeling self-conscious about my much tighter than normal clothes...
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Pushing myself extremely hard in cycle today, even though I was very close to just staying in bed instead of going. I thought I wouldn't survive the class, letalone push myself the hardest I have in a while!!
  • ravenforest3009
    ravenforest3009 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Got my behind out of bed early Sunday morning (while other half is still snoring) and got the gym.
    Two hours of me against my aching muscles before i need to cook Sunday lunch :-)
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    congradulations!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Let's get started early today- share your NSV's here! :) I haven't done much yet besides wake up and eat, so I'll have to post one later on today! :)

I know that this was for 11/3/2012 I had posted this on 11/3 & shared on my News Feed. I actualy had 2 NSV's on Saturday, November 3, 2012. I couldn't sleep so I came on MFP to see if there was any challenges for November and seen this thread.

1. ♦♦NSV ALERT! ♦♦I have an Awesome NSV to share with you'all! My daughter told me out of the blue, that my double chin is disappearing! She said it has shrunk so much that it doesn't even look like I have one any longer! It is Very motivating and inspiring for me since the scale has not moved down at all! .... I praise God for even the smallest of victories!

2. Gave away 3 bags of Clothes, Shoes and Jackets to a charity that was having a yard sale this weekend to raise money for at risk youth! They raised/made over $300.00 on Sat morning alone!
    This definitely encourages me to keep working towards my Ultimate goal!!

Congratulations to everyone on they're NSV's! Count your Blessings name them one by one! Every little step leads to GREAT accomplishments! Others always see it before we do. Results are seen not just in the # on the scale, but also by the image we see in the mirror, the way we feel, the way our clothes fit, etc.

Be Blessed in health, healing, and wholeness! (¯`’•.¸(†♥†)¸.•’´¯)
    Have a blessed and prosperous day! AMEN †
  • naima82
    Options
    Today's weigh-in: Didn't lose any kilos this week but did lose 3cms!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!