Air popped pop corn with real butter and kosher salt
    Fruit - apples, bananas, berries, pears, peaches, grapes, etc
    Veggies - carrots, peppers, celery, etc
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Cereal
    String cheese
    Crackers
    PB oatmeal bars (recipe here: http://cooking2perfection.blogspot.com/2012/07/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-squares.html)
    1 slice of bread with PB or Nutella
    Cottage cheese
    Fudgescicle bars
    Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches

What is your take on salted nuts? Do you just not worry about the salt or do you drink lots of water to try and make up for it?
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Most say fruit is best for a snack but I also like to get the 100 calorie snacks. My most favorite but most expensive is fiber one brownies. I think a pack of 12 is almost $5. at walmart and they are 90 calories. Others I like in the $2.5 range are chips ahoy thin crisp, oreo thin crisp, Keebler chips deluxe cookies, and cheez-it. I also love the 100 calorie individual bags of popcorn but I can't recall the price of them. Sun chips are not too bad but a little higher in calories for a 1 oz serving. Now all that being said I am not a candy bar nut however put chips or these types of snacks and I'm a happy camper. Me eating these type of snacks has helped keep me from grabbing that bag of doritoes and eating half the bag.

Thank you! I do have some of the 90 calorie fiber one chocolate chip brownies in my desk at work, but my issue is that I eat those, and am still hungry....I think the best thing for me might be to try veggies and I read someone likes to put hummus on their veggies.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's "A ____ walked into a bar", they have pumpkin, fig, apple. My fav. I found these amazing Kale Thaigrrr Chips at New Seasons, 55 calories a BIG serving. Go Raw seeds. They are calorically expensive but filling. 180 for 1/4 cup.

How expensive is Trader Joes? I have never been in there but this sounds amazing!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK then low sodium/sugar baked beans, loads of mushrooms and a teensy weensy bit of grated cheese. You can fill your plate with the mushrooms
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop corn with real butter and kosher salt
    Fruit - apples, bananas, berries, pears, peaches, grapes, etc
    Veggies - carrots, peppers, celery, etc
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Cereal
    String cheese
    Crackers
    PB oatmeal bars (recipe here: http://cooking2perfection.blogspot.com/2012/07/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-squares.html)
    1 slice of bread with PB or Nutella
    Cottage cheese
    Fudgescicle bars
    Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches

What is your take on salted nuts? Do you just not worry about the salt or do you drink lots of water to try and make up for it?

I don't track sodium. I like salty food, and am unwilling to give it up. I drink about 100oz (or more) of water a day, so most of it gets flushed out of my system. But, if you are nervous about scale fluctuations - as excess sodium can cause water retention which can be reflected on the scale - you should probably limit your sodium. The scale going up a pound or two doesn't bother me, so I don't worry about it.