Need help with the number 40

Options

Replies

• dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    With all the great changes you're making for yourself lately, your 40s are probably going to be your best years yet! You're getting healthy, and you're working towards goals in other areas of your life too. You have a lot of friends who love you and support you! Try not to think of the age (it doesn't matter) . . . just think about how in a year from now you'll be at your goal weight and working towards a career you love! You've really taken control of your life and how you want to get there. Enjoy it!

Perfectly put!
  • dr2k12
    Options
    Perfectly put!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in February and I'm honestly kindda looking forward to it. 30 was awful. I was going through a divorce and finding myself career wise and really in life not getting my stride yet. 10 years later, after more than a year on here, having completed my Master's Degree, the efforts to get my independent license, got a great job that I love, my kids are older and a bit more independent, and I'm starting to have time for me again.

40's, I think, will be the pay off for the hard work, tears and blood of my earlier decades. Higher pay I earned, time for meaningful work and avocations, feeling strong and capable and well rested (kids are older, like I said).

With MFP, New Rules of Lifting, my friends around here, enough water intake, a good moisturizer and hennas from lush, I look good, feel good, and am loving my opportunities to pursue my interests.

Embrace life!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    chickentuna.tumblr.com
    I highly suggest you check out her blog. She's in her mid forties, and I WISH I HAD HER BODY, and I'm only 18.
    It's just a number. Better to say "I'm rocking 40, and look at my fab body"
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    40 isn't bad. I was super excited about mine, and planned to have my FIRST EVER birthday party. I wanted to do all the silly things I missed out on as a kid: a magician, face painting, "pony rides" (trail ride), and a pizza party supper. Then my favorite band came to town for a concert that night. I rocked out instead. Maybe I'll do all the fun stuff for 45. :)
    I'm looking at 42 in the spring. But really, from 1 day to the next, I don't notice a difference. 40 is just a number. Don't sweat it. Do something nice for yourself. Enjoy it!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Its better than the alternative.

Yep.

I'm 42 and loving my forties.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    I think everyone feels different about their age whether you're turning 30, 40, 50 etc. Now I've always been an adventurous soul and always done stuff no-one else would. In truth I haven't changed that much, I'm just older but with the same mindset.

My 40s continues to reinforce that inner child, as I've experienced loads, had many highs, had a few lows, bounced back more times than a tennis ball on centre court and am still around to tell the tales. I'll be surprised if you haven't had your fair share of the spoils along the way.

So as long as you're relatively happy with yourself and the direction you're going in (which I think you are), then your 40th should be a celebration. So go enjoy, go celebrate, go have fun but most importantly, have a blast. Each year only happens once, so enjoy the next 365 days.

Happy days :o)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    40 was hard for me as well, but I was determined to be at my best, and stay at my best, for it and the years that follow. At 44, I am healthy and achieving physical goals I couldn't dream of in my 20s or 30s. Don't spend time and energy on what you can't change. Your life, at any age, is what you make it. Make it awesome!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 this year. I think I am going to celebrate by finding a nice 25 year old boyfriend.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. There are women here in their 40's and 50's who put me and my 28-year-old self to shame when it comes to living well and being hot and fit.

You're alive and healthy. Go make the best of it and enjoy your life!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    40 is just a number............you are as young as you feel. I forgot when I turned 40 as I never felt it. I'm getting closer to 50 and I still feel like I'm in my 20's some days.

Party it up and enjoy......:drinker:
  • dr2k12
    Options
    This is my smokin' hot wife and she is 43 :love:

Now you tell me what is wrong with the 40's!

ubifp.jpg

2mnj32g.jpg
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Age is just a number, focus on the joy in your life and all that you are doing to grow and change. Don't give in to the pity party associated with the number. 43 and loving it.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    30 was hard for me but 40's been just fine. And honey you really do look fabulous!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    stolen from my trainer - Young is a feeling, NOT an age!

Im almost 42 and I feel better than I did all of my 30's - embrace it and love it!
  • teerandell
    Options
    There are some very nice hidden perks about the 40's that you can look forward too. Your body is still resilient enough to get it in the best shape of your life. You start to accept those things that you will never change (like people) and then you start to learn how to really manage them if they have to stay in your life. This can include parents, children, SO's and co-workers and strangers. Your outlook on life can become brighter as you begin to realize that you made it to "grown up" and it's not bad at all. I am in my mid forties and I thought I always lived life to the fullest but I wish I had felt this way in my 30's or even 20's. Happy Birthday!!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    its just a number. I turned 40 this past January and I felt no different.
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Every year that you are alive is a good year......I was so excited when I turned 50. Yay, I made it this far and hopefully a lot further.
    :flowerforyou:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. It's your attitude that counts! If you enjoy your life, your age won't matter.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last December and couldn't wait to get there. It did feel different, only because I was so looking forward to it; I did it up big in Vegas to make it extra special.

Don't be scary of 40; it is fabulous, flirty and fit as fu@k!