What foods have you recently fallen in LOVE with?

Options

Replies

• adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Walburton's brown sandwich thins, Smoothies and Heinz Tomato soup!

xx
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Nakd raw bars! The Apple Pie one tastes just like an apple Newton! I usually make my own granola bars because the commercial ones are full of crap, but these don't have anything weird in them at all.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Kashi cookies. Bagel thins. Cashew Larabars (omg omg). Raspberries.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with bacon and salsa lol. I used to really not like eggs very much and now I HAVE to have them for breakfast. On the weekends. I don't wake up early enough to make eggs during the week lol.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    wholly salsa, mango and red pepper.. it was my new addiction here in canada however I cannot find it anywhere since Walmart discontinued it.. so sad.. need to hit the across border shopping and stock up lol

I was putting that stuff on everything .. total yum
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit smoothies in the morning. I thought they were stupid because whenever I see recipies they usually include unhealthy ingredients. However, I tried one with simply banana and peanut butter, and some non fat milk, and since that day, I now make one every morning. Yum. Now, i make them with raspberries, blackberries, bananas, mango, peaches, apples, pears, whatever fruit I have available. They are so yummy and delicious and a great start to my day.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    extra lean bumble bee tuna, light mayo and whole grain bread!! My new favorite meal!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    dragon fruit, never knew of it a year ago, now I LOVE it.
  • chicksfish
    chicksfish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A new Old World brand Spinach and Feta cheese Chicken Burger. only 180 cal per patty. such great flavor and does not shrink up when seared in skillet or on grill. It tastes so good it does not need any condiment to go with it.
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    Oatmeal! I used to hate oatmeal, but I started buying instant oatmeal with flaxseed, and the texture made all the difference. I actually crave it, especially with a tablespoon of raisins or dried blueberries.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Quinoa :love:
    I'm curious what does it taste like???
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Glorious brand of spreadable, soft goat cheese, both plain and with herbs. Could eat it all. day. Especially on a cracker or spread on a slice of deli meat... NOM.
    Also, my raisin and date addiction is back. Oops. But I'd prefer snacking on dates and raisins over something unhealthy (say skittles or m&ms) ANYTIME.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Coffee without sugar............okay, maybe I don't "love " it, but I am loving the results!
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Mediterranean food, which encompasses quite a range from tradtional Greek to Lebanese and Turkish. I've even started making a few dishes at home. I suppose that as far as types of food goes, this is not the most unhealthy obsession I could have, but it's really difficult to eat moderately at some of the buffets we've going to so that we can sample different dishes. But at least I always make sure I start off with a plate of salads. Not only is healthy for me, it leaves less space for me to fill up on all the many heavier dishes.

Unfortunately, I've also discovered Mediterranean desserts such as rice pudding and baklava. I really want to learn to make a good rice pudding so that I can take it as my contribution for our family's Thanksgiving, but I can't afford to practice it. The two times I've made it, the consistency was all wrong, but even the failures were tasty and oh-so-fattening!
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Quinoa :love:
    I'm curious what does it taste like???

Like a grain. I think it's an acquired taste, honestly. I make it very simple with just a little salt and maybe a bit of butter if I feel I can afford the calories that day.

However, I found a recipe recently for quinoa pudding, which is made with apple juice, raisins and cinnamon that I really like. It was suggested as a breakfast food, which is how I've been eating. I've found it to be very filling which is good. It also reheats well, so I can make a batch on Sunday and have several days' breakfast.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I went my whole life until 6 months ago, thinking I hated cottage cheese. I eat it every single day now.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk. I HATE coconut meat, but I love the milk.
  • Infauna
    Options
    Ambrosia apples, vanilla almond milk, Greek God's honey yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, pumpkin spice tea and vanilla bean chai tea.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and beet root tzatziki. Yummmmmm
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and beet root tzatziki. Yummmmmm

OMG I read this as root beer tzatiki. LOL