Need reward suggestions..

Options
I had set a few mini goals for myself when I started my MFP and weight loss trek.. Pretty simple.

10 lbs: no reward
25 lbs: I had set a reward of a few pairs of new jeans in smaller sizes... but I want to wait 1 more size before I buy new ones. I can get by on the jeans I currently have (2 sizes smaller than my 'fat' jeans) and I can't really afford to buy 3 or 4 pairs of jeans right now, just to do it again in Jan or Feb :(.
Get under 200 lbs... Hubby's promised me a reward but says he's keeping it a secret. He's even hoarding some cash away for it! LOL

Well I hit my 25 lbs (well I will when I weigh in tomorrow) and I just can't think of anything as a decent reward for myself. I can't afford anything extravagant and I work 60 hours a week, so the idea of a day at the spa (or even a few hours) just isn't something I can do.

Any suggestions anyone else has for small goal rewards? Something you've done and enjoyed, or have planned for your mini-goals?

Replies

• Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people this site get tattoos as end rewards!!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I really haven't thought about giving myself an award for losing weight. You said you work a lot. Can you afford to take a day off.I always enjoy getting a little free time that I don't normally get.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've never rewarded number goals, simply because you can do everything exactly right and your body doesn't respond the way it "should." I do reward choices, though.

A couple years ago, I vowed to stay perfectly on plan and exercise at least 30 minutes every day for a month and my reward was a professional massage.
  • yussef71
    Options
    I reward myself by buying more sports gear or things for my workouts. Phone Apps, HRM's, Scales, Shorts, sport tops or even a new water bottle. Basically I look at what I can afford and what use it will be for me and my quest to loose weight and tone up. My items ranged from £8 -£140.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    How about a new top? Something visual that shows your progress to you is always a good motivator.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Instead of new jeans how about a new top/blouse? I find that depending on the style of top you can get away with wearing it way longer than you can pants during weight loss.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    A new hair do. It will show off your slimmer face. :wink:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    - A day at the spa is out, but what about a manicure or a pedicure? They're less expensive and take less time.

- A matinee movie?

- A bottle of local wine / new box of tea/ coffee you've wanted to try?

- a haircut?

- a new, healthy food you've been wanting to try?

- a new pair of shoes?

- New bra and bottom set? (Target often has some nice ones)

- a new hair color?

- If there's a massage academy / school nearby, sometimes they offer legit massages at discounted rates.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I always get more sports things. From a new water bottle to a cute, smaller top. When I use them, it reminds me of my accomplishments so far! Way to Go!!!
  • yobeme
    yobeme Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you do want to build up your wardrobe, what about accessories - necklace/bracelet, a new handbag, shoes, scarves etc. You can continue to use these as you keep losing weight.

Otherwise you could get something to keep you motivated as you continue to lose weight - new exercise clothes, fitness gear, magazine subscription.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do rewards after every 10 lbs because if I wait longer I tend to get unmotivated...anyways things like a new purse, new outfit, date night with my husband, fitness related things, mani/pedi...When I get to my final goal I plan on getting a mini makeover and a weekend away with just my husband and I...
    I also saw someone posted rewarding themselves after a month of doing their workouts and such thats a good idea also
    Great Job on your loss so far!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What about a new pair of boots? Or a small reward, a movie or cd?
  • meglet175
    Options
    If you're working a lot and money is tight, how about something relaxing and inexpensive? Would your husband be willing to give you a massage? (My sweetie gives me a foot rub every evening.) Or what about a nice long bubblebath? Can the two of you go for a walk someplace lovely? (Where I live there are several waterfalls and a college botanical garden - all free.) What about a movie night - rent a DVD, pop some popcorn, snuggle, etc.?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Make up! It's impossible to get too skinny for it to fit lol. It will make you feel positive about your appearance and you can continue to use it as you lose weight. Personally, I usually just buy myself a pack of cloves. It's nice and sweet and no calories because it's smoke, not food.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have seen where some people do money jars for themselves. So you pick the $ amount and when you want to be rewarded. So say you choose a dollar a pound or something like that so every time you lose 1 pound you drop a dollar in the jar. Then at the end you use that money to splurge on a new outfit you wouldn't normally buy, or spa time, etc. This way you are still getting rewarded but it also saves money for something big later.

And if you are anything like me it took me about 2.5 months to lose 20 lbs so if I chose even $5 at each reward stop it wouldn't take much out of the current budget but will add up over time!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    nail polish, new heels, new wardrobe, new purse, bikini, tankini, real bathing suit, manicure, hair dyed and styled, new plates and cups or silverware, new candles, new bras and panties, movies, a date that doesn't involve pigging out like hiking or coffee.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    No need to spend money, have your husband or kids make dinner and do the clean up for a day, then after dinner, YOU get the remote!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I got a Nixon rotolog watch for my first 20kg gone, and iphone 5 when I hit 30kg, tattoo will be 40kg and the end of my weight loss.

Smaller rewards for things like an awesome work out, I loveeeee getting a lush bath bomb and having a long soak.

Plus I now that I'm sticking with it, if its workout related I can buy it, no questions asked.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I actually have started collecting charms - sterling silver for each 10 lbs lost. My bracelet will be full.. Each one represents something I can now do a NSV so to speak. Flip flop - cause I can wear a bathing suit now.. scale - cause I can get on it without shedding a tear. etc.. It's just something I enjoy. Good Luck..
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How about some bath bombs or a nice moisturizer to help your skin be supple? I find bio oil is really helping make my stretch marks less noticeable.
    I lost a lot of weight in my face and neck early so I accentuated with inexpensive but pretty necklaces and earrings.. They sparkle..just like I do when I am successful!