Hate "Exercise" Need Something Fun

Options
124»

Replies

• thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have to jump in here...Zumba is a problem. Fun - yes. Great music - yes. But there is no science behind it that will help you to build strength while preventing injury. These people get certified to teach in a couple of hours, and silly fun is all they have to offer. Do not trust your body to this. The carnage comes into Jazzercise to rebuild their strength and tone after recovering from their Zumba injuries.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Take that dog for a long walk, roller skate, ride a bike to run errands, join a bowling team, or softball team, or take a tennis lesson, or some kind of swimming class or lesson.
    I like yoga. It is not really like exercise in the sense that it is not super strenuous. It is more relaxing, if done right, though it is physical. It is about breathing. Plus, since you can take a class, it can be somewhat social and there is someone to push you a bit if you are feeling lazy.

I have only recently fallen in love with yoga. I do yoga for back pain, body aches and pains and just to relax. It is something anyone can do regardless of physical staminal/strength. I use yoga dvd's to practice too as I am unable to attend classes.

I also do Leslie Sansone's walk off the lbs