Share your NSV of the Day! 11/4/12

Options

Replies

• ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    A kind of funny NSV. Today I discovered my laundry basket weighs less now too! (smaller clothes, less material; less weight):smile:
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Went jean shopping today and fit into a size smaller! Yippee

Me too. I have dropped 3 sizes since I began!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bought two pairs of dress pants - green ones in size 28 (didn't see the size clearly) and grey ones in 26. The green pants balloon around me. The grey ones fit well enough to wear to work tomorrow!

So I'm officially down a size, I guess! :happy:
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my husband and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Today, for the first time in 20+ years I can fit into a coat we bought on our honeymoon in Paris. I almost cried................
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I bought a new sweater today ... size Medium. 1 year ago I wore a XXL!

KUDOS!!! Fantastic!
  • nickwylie
    Options
    Today's NSV, just ran 3km in 19min50sec - been trying to break the 20min mark for a month now.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Actually from Thursday, but went boot shopping and EVERY pair I tried on fit over my once-too-fat calves! Bought an adorable pair ON SALE and love them. Yay!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    first 5k today

WOW! Great one!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This is sort of a scale victory, really. But today, I finally experienced the "whoosh" everyone talks about on MFP.

I usually only weigh once every two weeks. I don't even have a scale, I've been driving to my mom's to do this. But the last 3 weigh-ins before today, I did weekly, because there was no change in inches or pounds for 2 weeks. The 3rd week, I was down only 0.9 pounds. I didn't freak out, which was awesome. I researched plateaus even though I didn't feel this really was one, I just wanted to be prepared in case. I increased the intensity of my workouts, was extra careful with logging food and avoiding high-sodium, and all that, whatever might be messing me up.

Today I woke up feeling noticeably thinner, and was down 5 pounds from last week! I don't know what was happening making me save up all that water or whatever, but it was awesome!

And, I ordered a scale today. I didn't want to become obsessed with the number (I have a history....) but I feel after 14 weeks on MFP that I have developed some sanity around eating, and this way, I hopefully won't have anymore doubt about whether I'm plateauing or not.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Actually from Thursday, but went boot shopping and EVERY pair I tried on fit over my once-too-fat calves! Bought an adorable pair ON SALE and love them. Yay!

THIS!!!! A new pair of high heeled boots that zipped up :smile:
  • Magoo64
    Magoo64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Competed in a sprint triathlon. My first!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Being able to run a fun easy 2 miles and not push the pace! I am endlessly training for marathons and halfs and for time, so for me to just take a day to just seriously run for fun is HUGE. Felt amazing to not be searching for perfection :-)
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just dropped 3 holes on a new belt and down to the last hole.......time for a new belt!!!
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Went biking and did a bike trail (6miles) that I never finished 3 months ago.today it was a breezed.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Didn't pick up a candy bar in the checkout while at the grocery store. Such. A. Feat. omg.
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did a personal best today: 5K in 29:55 my first time under 30 minutes. 6.2 mph pace. Woohoo!!!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    my husband complimenting the muscles I have developed in my calves from walking so much!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Didn't pick up a candy bar in the checkout while at the grocery store. Such. A. Feat. omg.

That is hilarious! Great job, I know how that is!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Two:
    - ran 10km like it was nothing, just my calves are a bit tight.
    - found an old sweater from a long time ago that I never wore much, but now it fits, and the wool collar no longer irritates my previously fat neck.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I got together with a good friend who moved to California in June and I haven't seen her since then. She told me that I looked like I had lost weight since she last saw me. I only started using MFP one week ago which means I must have been losing weight in the past 4-5 months without using this site, meaning that hopefully I can lose even more with the help of MFP. Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!