MFP Drama that makes me lol....

Options

Replies

• amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine: The people who are like "great day!" When I go to Red Robbin and have a garden burger with 3,000 calories, and my diary is open. Pffft. Yes. I was a fata** who went and ate a bunch of fries. Go me!
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    i'm unsure what a creeper is exactly

tumblr_mcoll767V61r53659o1_500.gif

LOL!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You forgot "must provide mother's maiden name, blood type and offer up your first born child!!"
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

Lol! Well said! I completely agree!!!!!

Don't forget the "I am no longer accepting friend requests at this point in time" people. The "populars"

yeah, those are obnoxious. some varations of that can be extremely obnoxious.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    1) The "don't request me as a friend without a message" people.

I like knowing if you just randomly saw my name and decided to add me to boost up your friends list number. There are many "friends collector" on MFP. I like to keep my friends number o a small number so I can reply to most of them on their status and diary entries and motivate them and expect them to do the same. Also, adding a message gives me an idea if we have something in common. Why would I add you and then later on delete you? I don't like deleting people and would much rather avoid it if I can. Think of it as a screening process to eliminate creepers and "special" people

2) The "I only accept friends who have an open journal people".

Once again, people like having like minded friends who at least have some info into who they're friends with. Some people eat only 1200 calories. Whether its right or wrong, it is what they choose to do to lose weight and so they want other people who eat little. Some people eat 2,000 calories. Some lift, some run. We like to be surrounded by like minded people to make a small group so we can communicate and understand each other, ask for advice etc.

Why do somebody need a screening process like these? Well, I am a guy who don't often post on the forums and on a typical week get about 10 Friend Requests. If I didn't screen, I would endup having 1,000 friends by now. So I prefer to screen them out and add only people I know I can be long term friends with. I don't want to invest time getting to know somebody only to delete them later on

this ^^^
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's like high school here. There are cliques. I have never been in the 'cool crowd' and don't plan to be here either. What they really don't know is that I'm just way too cool for them anyway. My coolness would really overpower them, that's why they don't ask me to be in their groups.

: )
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    The internet is serious business.

Someone%20is%20wrong%20on%20internet.png
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The ability to ridicule that which does not fit my own preconceived notions of acceptable behavior is what makes the Internet so awesome!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Don't forget the "I am no longer accepting friend requests at this point in time" people. The "populars"

haha...really??? How many FR's are these people getting and what are they doing that they have to announce they are no longer accepting friend requests??

It's like those people on facebook that have to let you know every move they make all day.

on a slow week I get 10 FR's per week. On a week I post alot on my Friends statuses and on the forums I get 20. On a single DAY when I make a new thread I can get upto 15 in a single day (when I post a recipe or just a fun thread). And I'm not even one of the popular kids on this site. People get 30+ FR's per week (The more actively posting females at least do)

The "populars" are simply trying to do the right thing and be supportive to their current friends rather than be a friend collector while having fun in the forums. No need to judge them :)

Since I am apparently an Mfp nerd with a mere 29 people on my fl and averaging one request a week, I appreciate insight into the popular kids' daily mfp dilemma.

Lolz - you joined in October.......
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I always have room to add people like you who've been rejected by others and feel the need to make a forum post complaining how it is unfair people have requirements

lol, funny, I read his observation as the same way I noticed people have strict restrictions. I don't add friends but I accept anyone. Has nothing to do with being rejected and needing to make a post about it....nice try though, brah.
    You can keep your diary closed if you like. I won't judge if you have any issues that you think you need to hide. I do hope you're seeking a doctor for such problems though, its sad how some gets judged. I won't judge you, promise.

You're really reaching....you should just stop now..lol.

2qxnrec.gif
    It's like high school here. There are cliques. I have never been in the 'cool crowd' and don't plan to be here either. What they really don't know is that I'm just way too cool for them anyway. My coolness would really overpower them, that's why they don't ask me to be in their groups.

: )

This place is what you make it out to be. Some people use it for social aspect while working out. Some people use it primarily for fitness but don't mind some off-topic material. Some people are strictly logging in for logging their diaries and then just log off. All of them are cool within their means.

Like Zaphod (spelling?) said that the goal isn't to collect number of friends
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    OMG like totally dude. The goal of MFP is to have as many friends as possible. That's how you win this thing. Those punks who want to know why I'm FR mess up my game. It makes me have to think of some nonsense like, "oh you're so inspiring" or "your *kitten* looks fine in that thong" or "your posts are so stupid i don't want to risk missing any"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    i just updated my profile thanks to this thread lols

ROFLMAO your to fun! Some people are much to sensitive, I like Question # 5 & i like bacon.....
  • lousoulbody
    Options
    i'm unsure what a creeper is exactly

tumblr_mcoll767V61r53659o1_500.gif

.......:ohwell: Creepers are people to.....:ohwell:
  • lousoulbody
    Options
    "THAT"S IT"...., I'm only excepting friends that have a note from there mom, can you hear me now..... " A NOTE FROM YOUR MOM"
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    "THAT"S IT"...., I'm only excepting friends that have a note from there mom, can you hear me now..... " A NOTE FROM YOUR MOM"

I will need more than just that.

In fact I am about to spend a good 6 hours purging my list of people on this site who don't

log constantly.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Goes and adds everyone on this thread to make my "friend count number" go up !!!! :devil:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Pinterest = thousands of yummy, low-cal food ideas.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, because THIS post won't start any drama...

...bump so I can kick back and LMAO later...

:drinker:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The internet is serious business.

Someone%20is%20wrong%20on%20internet.png
    Hahaha! I know this guy!!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I send blank requests to those people all the time . So far only one hasn't accepted ! Hahaha
This discussion has been closed.