1500 CALORIE

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
anyone can u plz help me with a nutrtious 1500 calorie diet .... just want to know how it loks like ... really confused with the food type and the quantity.... just give a sample menu for a 1500 calorie diet .. a healthy one..

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Look up the Mayo Clinic food plan. It will give you an idea of what to eat.

Also, the website www.gidiet.com has menus and recipes that will help you out.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    i would encourage if people give a proper diet plan... i am not obsessed with certain type of food open to all category of food
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. For weightloss purposes, the content matters not besides the calorie intake. Fruits and veg, lean meat and fish, nuts and lentils. Fit some chocolate or whatever in every now and then for sanity's sake :)
  • jmzz1
    Options
    would love to have some nutrtious foood ... having tough time in finding it out and how much to eat
  • jmzz1
    Options
    bump
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    1500 Calorie Diet Sample Menu #1

Breakfast:

1 cup Oatmeal Squares by Quaker

4 oz. skim milk (nonfat)

4 oz. orange juice

½ cup blueberries

Midmorning snack:

8 TLC Crackers – Kashi Original Whole Grain

2 pieces mini Babybel light cheese

Lunch:

2 slices Flax & Fiber bread by Arnold

1 tbsp. peanut butter – natural creamy

1 tbsp. Low sugar jam or preserve by Smuckers

1 medium apple

8 carrot sticks

Water, unsweetened tea or coffee, or diet soda

Afternoon snack:

Your choice of a 75-calorie snack

Supper:

Make a large salad

1-3 cups spinach leaves with salad greens

½ chopped ripe red tomatoes

½ cup drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans)

½ cup low fat 1% cottage cheese

½ tbsp. salad dressing light Ranch

1 SMALL oatmeal muffin (150 calories or less)

Water, unsweetened tea or coffee, or diet soda

½ cup light vanilla ice cream

Source: http://www.womenandweight.com/reviews/diets/1500-calorie-diet-sample-menu/
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Here's another. These are just a result of doing a quick google search for "1500 calorie sample diet" so if you'd like more, that's how I found these.

1. Breakfast Choices: 300-400 calories
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the 1500 calorie diet. Our bodies need to sustain energy throughout the day, so be sure not to skip it. Here are some suggestions for a healthy and low-calorie breakfast:

1 cup of Cheerios and a small, sliced banana with 1/2 cup of fat free milk and 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
    1 egg, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast and 1/2 cup of orange juice
    2 egg omelet with low fat chedder cheese
    2 lean sausages and a piece of fruit
    2. Lunch Choices: 300-400 calories

Whether you’re at work or it’s the weekend, you can still choose healthy options for lunch from the 1500 calorie diet plan. Here are some low calorie options for lunch:
    2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon each of peanut butter and jelly
    3 ounces of tuna fish with a handful of almonds
    Vegetable salad with 3 ounces of grilled chicken and low calorie vinaigrette dressing
    Whole wheat pita bread with 2 tablespooons of hummus, veggie burger and grilled onions or grilled mushrooms
    3. Dinner Choices: 400-600 calories

Create a habit of cooking up smaller portions of some great dinner foods. Stay withing the 1500 calorie meal plan with these healthy options:
    1/2 cup of brown rice, vegetable stir-fry with added chicken or shrimp
    Baked potato, baked beans and cottage cheese
    3 oz sirloin steak, broiled or grilled with 1 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of carrots and a small salad with 2 tablespoons low-fat dressing
    3 oz of skinless chicken breast, medium baked potato, 1 cup of cooked broccoli
    4. Snacks

Depending upon the meal choices you’ve made from the 1500 calorie plan, you should still have a few calories left over for in-between snacking. Choose from fruit, vegetables and dip, a muffin or a cup of cereal. Snacking is a healthy choice for your body and your digestive system when you choose from one or more of these great snacks:
    1 banana – 100 calories
    flavored yogurt – 120 calories
    2 kiwi fruits – 60 calories
    mixed vegetables – 100 calories
    small chocolate bar – 150 calories (note: dark chocolate is very healthy for your body as it is packed with antioxidants. Try to choose the darkest chocolate you can find for added health benefits)
    3 cups air popped popcorn – 95 calories
    2 hard boiled eggs – 150 calories
    1 cup non-sugar cereal – 120 calories
    1 english muffin – 130 calories

Source: http://www.3fatchicks.com/free-sample-menu-plan-for-the-1500-calorie-diet/
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    from my own head:

Aim is for the following or something close to it:

B: 400 calories
    L: 400 calories
    S: 200 calories
    D: 400 calories
    S: 100 calories

B: 2 eggs (140), 1 slices of ww toast (80 calories) w/ 1 tbsp pb (90) with a cup of milk or 6oz yogurt (90 calories)= 400

L: salad with salad greens (40) 1 oz shredded cheese (100) 4 oz chicken or lean protein (120) and 1/2 cup beans (110) = 370 calories

S: 1oz nuts and a plum ~200

D: 1 oz ww pasta (180) w/2 servings broccoli (60) 1 tsp olive oil (40) 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (30) and 4 shrimp or chicken (120) = 430 calories

S: 1 cup berries w/ whipped cream (50-75 calories) and a drizzle of chocolate syrup (~25 calories)
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I usually try to stay in the range of 300 (breakfast) 400 (lunch) and 500 (dinner) this leaves 300 to play around with or for snacking. I find it easier to plan out how many cals I want to take in and when and then plan around that.

Breakfast - I love an egg white omelet with veggies and a little cheese. Add some fruit and coffee and you are good to go.

Lunch - I need carbs so I love subway or a good PB&J. A salad with chicken and fruit as well or leftovers from the night before.

Dinner - Fish, steamed veggies, fruit salad, steak or chicken breast.

Snacks - I love ice cream so I usually save my cals for a bowl of vanilla (new favorite is frozen cocanut milk ice cream with fruit or chocolate on it), yogurt, crackers and cheese.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This is my typical 1500 calorie day.

Breakfast - 2 Eggs Hard Boiled & Coffee

Lunch - Huge salad with 6 oz of protein and 1T of dressing
    Romaine - Lettuce, 3 Cups
    Generic - Grape Tomato, 5 tomatoe
    Red Onion - Red Onion Slice, 1.4 onces
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.05 cup slices
    Kirkland Signature- (Costco) - Organic Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast, 6 oz
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon
    Black Pearls - Large Pitted Black Olives, 6 olives

Dinner - 6 oz protein, a sweet potato or 1/2 cup of rice, and lots of veggies:
    Broccoli - Broccoli Steamed, 2 cup steamed
    Sweet Potato - 1 Medium Sweet Potato ,(2" Dia, 5" Long) Baked In Skin, No Salt , 1 medium
    Pork - Fresh, loin, center loin (chops), bone-in, cooked, broiled, 6 oz

Snacks - Rice crackers and hummus early in the day, Dessert of fruit and nuts in the evening
    Crunch Master - Toasted Sesame Rice Crackers, 15 Crackers
    Costco - Pita Pal Organic Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, 4 tbsp
    Generic - Honeycrisp Apple, 0.5 apple (154 grams)
    Generic (Fresh) - Meyer Lemon, 1 fruit
    Nuts - Walnuts, english, 0.5 oz (14 halves)

The above is 1490 calories, 99g carbs, 117g protein, 71g fat, 22g fiber, & 26g sugar
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    bfast: 1/2 c cantelope, 1 slice whole wheat toast, 2 tsp almost butter and 1 c lowfat yogurt
    lunch: 1 c minestrone soup, 1 oz lowfat mozz cheese, 2 pieces tomato slices, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 tsp prepared mustard
    snack: 1 oz peanuts/nuts
    dinner: 4 oz broiled fish, 1 sweet potato, 5 mushrooms, 1/2 c asparagus, 1 c mixed greens, 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs vinegar 1/2 c strawberries
    snack 2: 2 whole grain crackers, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 c skim milk

bfast: 3/4 cup bran cereal, 3/4 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 whole wheat english muffin, 2 tsp. almond butter
    lunch: 2 oz. turkey breast, 1 oz. whole wheat pita bread, 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, 3 slices fresh tomato, 2 tsp. mustard, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup apricots
    snack: 1 oz. macadamia nuts
    dinner: 4 oz. fresh whole wheat pasta, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, 3 oz. crab meat 1 cup eggplant, 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup tossed salad, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. vinegar
    snack 2: 1 peach

get some more here http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Patients_Visitors/pcs/nutrition/services/healtheweightforwomen/eating/mealPlans/1500_calorie2.aspx

breakfast: 1 sliceof 100-percent whole grain toast with 1 tbs almond butter, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 orange, `1 cup coffee or tea with natural sweetner
    lunch: 2 slices 100-percent whole-grain bread, 2 oz sliced roast beef, 1 slice swiss cheese and one tbs mustard, 1/2 c sliced carrots, 1 c non fat milk
    dinner:
    1 3 oz chicken breast fillet with 2 tbs salsa, 1 c cooked broccoli with lemon juice, 1/2 c cooked black beans, 1 whole wheat dinner roll with one tsp butter, 1 small glass white wine
    snacks:, 1 nectarine, 3/4 c plain yogurt with 1 tbs honey, 1/2 c blueberries, 10 pecan halves, 1 c grapefruit juice
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends so feel free to add me and take a look. I am a vegetarian and I wouldn't say I am a health nut but I do keep the processed food to a minimum. I try to keep it balanced and within my numbers every day.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I eat a bit less than 1500 calories, but I will post a typical day for me, in nothing else just for food ideas

Breakfast - oatmeal, banana, 1/2 serving of light hot chocolate 255 cals
    Snack - granola bar or fruit & cheese string approx 150 cals
    Lunch - hummus/cracker pack or wrap with lettuce, meat, cheese, fruit, yogurt 250-300 cals
    Snack - almonds, cheese string, checha puffs, etc. 100 cals
    Dinner - I aim for around 300-350 for dinner (meat, rice, veggies)
    Snack - popcorn or rice cakes 150-200 cals

I eat generally around 1250-1300 cals, but I have started creeping up higher to 1350-1400, and with that I may have a larger afternoon snack or throw in a drink that costs calories.

ETA- I am working to add more fruits/veggies to the snacks instead of all the carbs, I'm a work in progress :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Any type of whole food. Fruits, veges, nuts, and legumes would be the ultimate way to fill up and maintain that calorie count. But it's difficult to stay away from processed foods.
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you just want to remember to keep your metabolism moving...longest gap you want between meals is right around 2.5-3.5 hours and if you workout in between you want some major protein thrown in there immediately.

my day normally (normally, not always bc i believe in splurging) looks like this:

8amish - an Oikos greek yogurt and a 100 calorie Thomas enlgish muffin with a little bit of strawberry jam (around 250cals usually)

1030ish- turkey pepperoni, pickle spears, and some low calories crackers (around 200cals usually)

1ish (normally post workout) - grilled chicken, 1/2cup of instant whi rice, cheese, salsa (around 450cals)

330ish- celery, peanut butter, rasins (about 200cals)

6pmish dinner - Normally am at work so i just take a Smart Ones meal and they range from (280cals-400cals)

8pm snack (last meal of day) - healthy choice frozen greek yogurt (different flavors) all are single serving and 100cals OR the Edy's all natural Froze nstrawberry popsicle THE BEST 80 CALORIES you'll eat!!! EVER!!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1600 ish... feel free to add me or check out my diary.

(and don't mind the fact that I drank bailey and beer for lunch yesterday)
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump