1500 CALORIE

Options

Replies

• cwoodruff24
    Options
    I'm starting to master the healthy filling food thing so here we go with me I do

B
    1 egg (60-90 depending on size)
    1.5 pieces of Turkey Bacon (30-60 calories depending on brand)

L
    Toufyan Smart Pocket 80 cals high in fiber low in sodium
    Fresh cut lunch meat, generally around four pieces for one serving (60 calories)
    Light Mayo ( 35 calories)
    Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, stuff like that (handful of calories)

D
    Spinach Nests (200 calories for two nests, really decent sized portion.. these are noodles)
    Home made sauce, 1 cup 60 calories
    Peas (depending on portion, for me usually 130)

And this will leave you with calories to play around with. I can eat this kind of meal and not be hungry because the food is filling. For snacks I suggest blueberries, banana, a low calories fiber bar.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone ... there are seriously some good options for 1500 calories diet........... i am planning to eat my TDEE and would increase my calorie intake to 2300.... one of my friend adviced me to have i fat version of food .. do u think it is advisable to have i fat food or stick to my low fat version and incerease my calorie intake.........
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmzz1
    Options
    bump
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500.

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal with almond milk, 1t brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, 2T flax, some fruit
    OR oatmeal with onions, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, flax, and a poached egg
    OR two eggs with a ton of spinach, mushrooms, onions, and a little cheese, maybe some whole wheat toast

Lunch:
    big salad of spinach, kale, or arugula with some kind of beans or lentils, avocado, red peppers, whatever other veg I have in the fridge, nutritional yeast, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar for dressing
    OR leftovers

Dinner:
    Whatever recipe I feel like trying, usually vegetable casseroles, lentil soup, etc. Sometimes a veggie burger on a sandwich thin. Sometimes a treat like homemade pizza.

Snacks:
    Fresh fruit, almond butter (I don't like peanut butter), whole wheat toast, fresh raw veggies, partial portions of leftovers

Treats:
    Beer, wine, cookies, ice cream, extra bread
  • jmzz1
    Options
    thanks guys can i have a 2000 calorie diet plan since my TDEE is 2045........
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    TDEE is total calories burned in a day--if your objective is to lose weight then you need to eat less than that. I'd opt for a 250 deficit--1/2 pound per week--and aim for 1800.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    TDEE is total calories burned in a day--if your objective is to lose weight then you need to eat less than that. I'd opt for a 250 deficit--1/2 pound per week--and aim for 1800.
    i am reseeting my metabolism thas y eating my entire TDEE for few weeks......... i would like to have a 2000 calorie diet plan
    Options
    Oh in that case yes. You can eat 2050z

Add a protein shake for easy calories:
    1 scoop protein (130)
    1 cup milk (90)
    1 banana (100)
    1 tbsp pb (100)

=420 calories

Or have an oz of dark chocolate and an oz of nuts =~300 calories
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Oh in that case yes. You can eat 2050z

Add a protein shake for easy calories:
    1 scoop protein (130)
    1 cup milk (90)
    1 banana (100)
    1 tbsp pb (100)

=420 calories

Or have an oz of dark chocolate and an oz of nuts =~300 calories
    dont u have some good recipes for a protein shake which does not include protein powder
  • jmzz1
    Options
    thought of resetting my metabolism by increasinc my calorie to TDEEi.e. 2045.... but my nutitionist adviced me to keep my calorie intake to 1300(which i have been doing for past 2 months) and include metabolism boosting food like green tea, mustard seeds etc...... will tht help? wht do u guys suggest!!!!!!!
  • jmzz1
    Options
    bump
  • lrb257
    lrb257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started and so far it has been ok. I am still learning. It is time consuming and in some cases hard because I dont eat a lot of vegetables.
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much used to it by now but on the weekend like for lunch if I can't decide what to eat and I know I don't feel up to working out then I log it in to see how many cals it would be, especially if I'm ordering something to eat. Also during the week since I'm so busy if I go over I just go workout for a bit extra so I don't go over. The guilt kills me lol :)
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat under that but I do a low carb diet, but you are welcome to look at my diary. It is open. looking at your friends diaries helps a lot for inspiration on days when you can't decide what to have too. But a plan is personal in that I may like things you do not so you need to decide how many calories you want to eat per meal, what you usually have & then how to scale it back to fit your calories. Do plan to have some favorites too. I have one or two pieces of dark choc. everyday because I don't feel deprived knowing I can enjoy that. I hope you have great success.
    Options
    thought of resetting my metabolism by increasinc my calorie to TDEEi.e. 2045.... but my nutitionist adviced me to keep my calorie intake to 1300(which i have been doing for past 2 months) and include metabolism boosting food like green tea, mustard seeds etc...... will tht help? wht do u guys suggest!!!!!!!

That won't help your metabolism much, if at all, but do as you wish. Best of luck.
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options

If you have a nutritionist, I would use their advice. Green tea, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar are all considered good for resetting metabolism. Green tea gives you more liquid and if you add juice of 1/4 lemon, that can help also, and it helps keep urinary tract proper.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options

Whoa! My nutrionist told me to eat at TDEE in order to reset my body. Green tea and all that jazz is just an added bonus. After months of eating 2000+ every single day, if I eat anything less I end up losing weight.

My stats:

Height: 5'
    Weight: 102

Currently eating almost 3,000 a day and having trouble putting on weight. I suggest you give this whole eating at TDEE thing a try.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Meal 1
    1 light&fit yogurt 80 calories 5g protein 0g fat 16g carbs
    1 small banana 90 calories 1g protein 0g fat 23g carbs
    2 egg whites 34 calories 8g protein 0g fat 0g carbs
    1 whole egg 70 calories 7g protein 5g fat 0g carbs
    Total: 274 calories 21g protein 5g fat 39g carbs

Meal 2
    1 cup raw green beans 34 calories 2g protein 0g fat 8g carbs
    10 cherry tomatoes 30 calories 0g protein 0g fat 10g carbs