OMG I'm hungry......................what would you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what some diet plans say about banana's being the big bad fruit, they really satisfy me. Peanut butter too...so try a little on the banana....yum. good luck!

I like bananas and often put them into my cereal. I also like them because they help keep away leg craps due to the natural source of potassium that they have
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I normally have a big glass of water and an ounce of cheese. You can do it! Good luck!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    yogurt smoothie!!! Assorted fruit, lowfat yogurt, half a package instant oatmeal and almond milk. Blend together and enjoy.

never thought of putting oatmeal in I'll have to try that next time I make a smoothie

I use the flavered kind. Plain fruit smoothie did not hold me well but adding in the oatmeal keeps the hunger pangs away for a good 4 hours.

all I have is apple cin. gluten free oatmeal....how well do you think that would go within a smoothie? or can it be non instant too? I have some plain non instant gluten free

I use apple cin. also and it works just fine. Plus I have never had a sugar crash from them.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Take BMR and TDEE numbers with a grain of salt when you are morbidly obese. Those charts are based on factors for an average person not someone with a BMI of 60. Eating 2000 a day is entirely appropriate for someone with a very large amount to lose. It's a matter of learning to eat nutritious filling foods and also learning what hungry is compared to wanting to eat something. My hubby is 300 lbs and well swear than a half hour after a large meal he is hungry. There's no way he's actually hungry but he perceives the fact that he's thinking about eating as being hungry. Being hungry isn't fatal either.
  • Excira
    Excira Posts: 21
    Options
    When I can't take no more... an I become hangry (hungry & angry), I opt for some Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea. No calories but it tastes just like a sugar cookie - without the sugar and calories. :)
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you like pickles, they are my go-to nearly no calorie nosh. Almost any veggie is great, and healthy.

But really, what do your consumption numbers over a week look like. I'm sure you stay well within your targets and can spare to go over on a day. I just looked at your intake for a week. You're fine if you satisfy your hunger sensibly. You have to look at the bigger picture. Not just one day.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    When I can't take no more... an I become hangry (hungry & angry), I opt for some Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea. No calories but it tastes just like a sugar cookie - without the sugar and calories. :)

I'm not much of a tea drinker but I might have to try that tea
  • mgabe77
    Options
    I look at my counter and see were I am at for the day, I do this when I have an urge, it reminds me why I am doing this. If I want some extra I need to do something extra, like exercise somehow.This is way more fun than dieting which I have tried several differant times with no results. I have fun with this because it is interesting to really see what you eat. Have fun with it.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    So I've been trying to keep my cal count each day under 2000 regardless of how much exercise I get in. I try to do protein each time I eat but I am extra hungry today and trying to not blow my count out of the water.

If this was you what would you do?

I'd stop eating all those bagels, Frosted Flakes and snack bars, and try for some healthier options. More good fats, which helps you feel full, and fewer empty calories. Try a couple of (whole) eggs, a piece of full-fat cheese, plain full-fat yogurt with berries, an ounce of almonds or walnuts instead of peanuts, a salad with a reasonable amount of full-fat dressing.