Happier & Healthier: My Before & After

Options
So here's my story: I have always been the chubby-but-funny friend. The round-but-cute girl.

People ask me what my "turning point" was--what made me get off my couch and start taking my weight seriously?
I could say it was watching the Biggest Loser or that time a little old lady asked me when I was due or when I saw back fat (and arm fat and stomach fat) in my wedding pictures...but really, it was a combination of all of those. The Perfect Storm of Motivators. Nobody could have forced me onto that treadmill; I had to decide for myself. And I did. I feel more strong, confident, and beautiful than I ever have before. I know that if I can master this, nothing is out of my reach.

Before.jpg
fatty.jpg
photo6.jpg10292012.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg

And for my fellow fitness nerds, here are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
Starting weight: 170lb
Current weight: 126.6lb

Starting jeans size: 14
Current jeans size: 4

Furthest Distance Run:
Start: 1.0 mile
Current: 5.5 miles
5K time: 26:58

Starting BMI: 29.2 (Overweight, near Obese)
BMI: 21.7 (Normal)

Replies

• Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic well done, you should be so proud xx
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Switz Swoo!!!
    Your arms, jealous!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This is really great progress! Thank you for sharing :)
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good for you . . . you must be so proud! You look great :)
  • trufaith01
    Options
    your pictures are very inspiring! I feel like...if you can do it....so can I! Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation and still a pretty woman. Well done.
    I'm inspired; I'm an inch taller than you but my goal is 120-125 -- about 15 pounds to go. I'm planning ahead for how to maintain once I reach my goal.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Beautiful transformation!!!!congrats!
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    Well done .you look.awesome
  • Michelle060413
    Options
    absolutely fabulous....what an inspiration!
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wow. Inspirational for sure.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! What a transformation! :drinker:
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    So here's my story: I have always been the chubby-but-funny friend. The round-but-cute girl.

People ask me what my "turning point" was--what made me get off my couch and start taking my weight seriously?
    I could say it was watching the Biggest Loser or that time a little old lady asked me when I was due or when I saw back fat (and arm fat and stomach fat) in my wedding pictures...but really, it was a combination of all of those. The Perfect Storm of Motivators. Nobody could have forced me onto that treadmill; I had to decide for myself. And I did. I feel more strong, confident, and beautiful than I ever have before. I know that if I can master this, nothing is out of my reach.

Before.jpg
    fatty.jpg
    photo6.jpg10292012.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg

And for my fellow fitness nerds, here are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
    Starting weight: 170lb
    Current weight: 126.6lb

Starting jeans size: 14
    Current jeans size: 4

Furthest Distance Run:
    Start: 1.0 mile
    Current: 5.5 miles
    5K time: 26:58

Starting BMI: 29.2 (Overweight, near Obese)
    BMI: 21.7 (Normal)

This is inspiring...How long did it take b4 you got down...I mean I have some days I fall off and quit but get back and its real slow but I want it to be a success story like yours....SO inspiring...
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I started in February 2012. I REALLY appreciate the encouragement!!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Amazing !
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    You're the exact same height as me and your starting weight is mine as well.. What was your routine?
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    you look wonderful! i hope ya'll be able to have a vow renewal sometime soon =)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congrats!!! You are an amazing inspiration! You look like a totally different person! If you can do it...then we all can do it!! Thank you for inspiring me!! Blessings!! <><
  • FairyTerri
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story, it really inspires us! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!