Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Happier & Healthier: My Before & After

Replies

• cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Congrats !
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    You're the exact same height as me and your starting weight is mine as well.. What was your routine?

For the first month I started with JM's 30Day Shred. Then I moved closer to a gym, so I did 70-80 minutes of cardio 6 days/week. I really should have incorporated strength training much sooner; it makes SUCH a difference in adding body definition. My arms didn't even catch up with the weight loss till I started lifting heavy. For the last 2 months I've been doing 30 minutes of strength training followed by 45-50 minutes of cardio 5 days/week--still excessive probably, but I have anxiety issues that the cardio helps with. And I love to eat. I'm currently doing 1400 + 80-90% of my exercise calories (or 10%-15% below my TDEE), but I do intend on increasing that once I hit maintenance.

Am I over-sharing? Hope it helps. :)
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Thank You! You look great!
    You answered the question perfectly. :flowerforyou:
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Congrats! You look amazing :)
  • Incredible! Congrats on your hard work! You're definitely an inspiration!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Wow!! What a difference! You look incredible. Congrats on all your hard work :)
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    You're the exact same height as me and your starting weight is mine as well.. What was your routine?

For the first month I started with JM's 30Day Shred. Then I moved closer to a gym, so I did 70-80 minutes of cardio 6 days/week. I really should have incorporated strength training much sooner; it makes SUCH a difference in adding body definition. My arms didn't even catch up with the weight loss till I started lifting heavy. For the last 2 months I've been doing 30 minutes of strength training followed by 45-50 minutes of cardio 5 days/week--still excessive probably, but I have anxiety issues that the cardio helps with. And I love to eat. I'm currently doing 1400 + 80-90% of my exercise calories (or 10%-15% below my TDEE), but I do intend on increasing that once I hit maintenance.

Am I over-sharing? Hope it helps. :)

No, you answered perfectly. I appreciate your sharing. You really do look great and you give me hope that maybe I can look that good as well. :flowerforyou:
  • Great job! So happy for you.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    awesome work and dedication to be where you are now... way to go :)
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Amazing results! Congratulations!
  • I loved your story and your stats. Great Job and encouraging!

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    You look great!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats!!!!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Your really look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    amazing job!!! <3
  • Congrats!! You look awesome! Keep up the good work!!
  • Wow, I cannot believe you lost around 50lbs. You really didn't look like you had that much to lose, so I was shocked when I saw your 'after' pics. Great job!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    AWESOME!!!!! great story and results. thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Erinchloe83
    Erinchloe83 Posts: 2 Member
    You look amazing! You really are inspiring and really make me rethink my workout routine!
  • You're both beautiful & inspiring! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!