How do I split up my calories for meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I actually did the 1200 calorie plan when I was looking to drop a lot of weight quickly. It was a hair over since I think 2 lbs per day for 1260 or 1280 for me. Here is a general summary of my eating. NOTE: I drank at least 16 cups of water every day. As mentioned already, if you think you are hungry, have a glass of water, wait a couple of minutes, then see if you are still actually hungry. Hunger is very mental and it is hard to train your brain otherwise.

3 meals + 2 snacks

Breakfast: Protein + Protein + Veggies (Egg white omelette w/ shrooms, red pepper, onions, garlic + 3 slices of turkey bacon)
    <250 calories

Snack 1: Hummus + Red Peppers <100 calories

Lunch: Spinach salad w/ red peppers, red onion, garbonzo beans, hard boiled egg, cucumbers, broccoli, low cal low fat italian dressing (I would have added tomatoes if I wasn't allergic to them)....then a Jello Snack Pack (10 calories), Pudding snack pack, and a yogurt
    <350 calories

Snack 2: Whey Protein Shake (1 scoop)
    <90 calories

Dinner: Protein (fish or chicken usually) + 2 large portions of veggies + Brown Rice or Baked Potato
    <450 calories

I exercised 3 times per week at 30-45 minutes each time. I definitely lost 2 lbs per week.

HOWEVER....this is not a sustainable lifestyle for most people. I do not recommend it. I occasionally go back to this type of diet to re-introduce myself to proper portion control when I stray off the path. Hope this helps.