I hate long (male) shorts

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    And I hate short shorts on anyone. Can cope with it if they are exercising though.

Otherwise what happens? Do you experience all five stages of the grieving process?

Haha! Fine, to reword that, if it were up to me, the only time anyone would wear things above their knees is exercising or potentially on the beach. Unfortunately not everyone thinks the same as me though!
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think most of all you misunderstood the OP. I don't think he would like to wear super short-shorts as many you thought. I think he meant that he loves to wear medium shorts which it doesn't cover the knee caps and not too short (see his profile pix). That is what I like and it is difficult to find those shorts in these days. I really hate long shorts because it makes me feel like I am a thug, teenager, or a low-life guy. The medium shorts shows people that I do care about my body, my look, and I am an athletic. It is really easy to do the WOD with those medium shorts than long shorts. It's no different with ladies that many of you like to wear a 'bikini short" to a gym and that is not modest cloth to wear at a gym, IMO. It's a distracting clothes for me.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I think shorts that go above a guy's knees are unappealing. Not sexy lol.

Unless they're boxer briefs. :love:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    All you need is a pair of scissors, some thread and a sewing machine. Hem those suckers and be a trendsetter. Or something.

I don't mind long shorts, but not everyone can pull 'em off. Some guys end up looking like Tim Conway as Dorf.
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ...my brief rant for the day.

Made me LOL...
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    <
    Favourite running shorts!

However if I'm just out and about, athletic shorts go to the top of my knee cap (don't like the restriction of past the knee), but kahki or something like that goes past the knee. All depends on what it's for, and how much grundle I want seen.
  • Jindra12
    Options
    By the way outside of the gym, I like to wear a down to earth shorts which it covers half of my knee caps. It's perfect and it looks really good on me as I have a musclar body. My wife loves it so much!
  • Jindra12
    Options
    <

However if I'm just out and about, athletic shorts go to the top of my knee cap (don't like the restriction of past the knee), but kahki or something like that goes past the knee. All depends on what it's for, and how much grundle I want seen.

Guys, please see the pix. Is it medium short or super short shorts to you guys? To me it's a medium short. I love it when I am in a gym.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of people who wear shorts in public. You're allowed to be proud, but you look like a mailman.

You obviously don't live in Florida and have never visited in the summer. And if you have, you stayed inside the entire time.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    <

Guys, please see the pix. Is it medium short or super short shorts to you guys? To me it's a medium short. I love it when I am in a gym.

I'd say medium, and they look great on guys with good legs!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I would consider that a short short in the context I was using earlier, essentially not a long short, but really yeah its more of a medium short. I prefer long shorts, both on myself and other people.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i like the shorter shorts, not 80's short (although, magnum pi looked pretty hot in his little shorts) .. the ones that hang around the knee look uncomfortable, like if you squat down you're knee is going to get caught on the hem and pull the shorts down causing plumbers crack.. (now thats not attractive)

a little leg is nice :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Since when did women start finding almost capri-length pants on guys to be attractive? They feel more like pants to me.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I wear longer shorts because they're more comfortable, I couldn't care less about what someone else sees.

Agreed.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Why is THIS much thought being put into men's shorts?? :huh:

As long as he's not sagging them below his *kitten* (which to me means you want something shoved up there)
    And they aren't mid thigh short....

Knee to mid-calf seems fairly acceptable
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    LOL I am not shopping for speedos are those hideous shorts from the 80s. I just want a pair of shorts with an inseam just above the knee. It is kinda funny to observe womens and mens styles over the last 30 years: womens shorts have gotten shorter (like the mens 80s shorts) and mens shorts have gotten longer (like the conservative shorts women wore in the 80s).
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love my stubbies.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

As long as he's not sagging them below his *kitten* (which to me means you want something shoved up there)

MID CALF??

omg /puke. that is straight up ghetto trash looking

Agreed OP. I want my lower quads showing. A few inches above the knee cap. Just above the knee is fine for me if it's a non-exercise pair of shorts. never ever below the knee
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

MID CALF??

omg /puke. that is straight up ghetto trash looking

Agreed OP. I want my lower quads showing. A few inches above the knee cap. Just above the knee is fine for me if it's a non-exercise pair of shorts. never ever below the knee

Once it hits mid-calf, those are CAPRIS. Men should not be wearing capris. Well, straight men anyway.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ****. Wear long ones. Short ones. Denim ones. Cord ones. Go naked. WHO CARES???????????????????? We're all gonna just die someday anyway.