AUTHENTIC Mexican Recipes

2»

Replies

• No offense butQdoba/Chipotle is not Mexican either j/s
    I never claimed it was.
    lol j/s autherntic Mexican food is not served in a buffet style for the best over all experience plated dishes are best again just giving my two cents .Best of luck on your dinner party!
    If you want to go 100% authentic, serve goat and have the women serving the men like servants. You will also lose some friends, most likely.

Here's a super snazzy recipe that I am quite fond of. You can use it in tacos, burritos or salad.

Costa Vida Chicken

* 1 (16 oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (any brand will do, really)
    * 1 Tbsp chili powder
    * 1 Tbsp cumin
    * 3 cloves garlic, minced
    * 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast

Cook all together in a crock pot on low for 4 hours, shred meat and cook 1 additional hour. This recipe makes a lot, so you can freeze the leftovers for another meal.

This is my favorite slow cooker recipe. Easy and tasty. Only drawback -- a tad high on the sodium from the Italian dressing.
  • If you have access to a grill, you could serve a simple Mexican classic: carne asada.

Pick up some thinly-sliced carne asada (skirt steak) from a Mexican butcher and grill it up. No need to dress it up with marinades or anything. Salt and pepper will do ya. Serve with corn tortillas and pico de gallo. A simple guacamole goes well with it too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    If you have access to a grill, you could serve a simple Mexican classic: carne asada.

Pick up some thinly-sliced carne asada (skirt steak) from a Mexican butcher and grill it up. No need to dress it up with marinades or anything. Salt and pepper will do ya. Serve with corn tortillas and pico de gallo. A simple guacamole goes well with it too.

Sadly, I don't grill *sniff sniff* Must learn!
  • If you have access to a grill, you could serve a simple Mexican classic: carne asada.

Sadly, I don't grill *sniff sniff* Must learn!
    Meh. Cook it up in a pan. Ha!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Good lord, did people forget to take their happy pill this morning? Way too much cattiness going on!

Sorry - no recipes to share - just feel bad for you! You were only asking for some ideas!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    When I see crockpot Mexican anything, I want to punch women in their ovaries.

And no... melting cheese over everything is NOT $#@#@%$#%@ MEXICAN

*points downward* Go right ahead. *looks around for YOUR contribution to this thread, walks away smh*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Oh don't you worry... I happy dance at all times :bigsmile:

Elaine-victory_dance_animated.gif
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    When I see crockpot Mexican anything, I want to punch women in their ovaries.

And no... melting cheese over everything is NOT $#@#@%$#%@ MEXICAN

*points downward* Go right ahead. *looks around for YOUR contribution to this thread, walks away smh*

right? I'll never understand why people would get all bent out of shape on stove top/ove/crockpot. Anything that needs to cook on a long simmer in a pot or in a dutch oven type environment in the oven . . . well the same can be accomplished in a crockpot for a fraction of the energy requirement that an oven needs. It does the same ****ing thing. Now, if you need dry heat for cooking (like with roasting or what not) I get it.
  • When I see crockpot Mexican anything, I want to punch women in their ovaries.
    Yes, because cooking barbacoa in a slow cooker is SOOOOO different from cooking it slowly in a pot overnight. :huh:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    bumping because I have been searching for some mexican recipes!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm having a non-family dinner party for 14 with a Mexican buffet theme... Essentially think of Qdoba/Chipolte style set-up.

If you have any amazing, mouth watering, foodgasm recipes for Shredded Pork, Chicken, or Beef (doing all three), please post them here!

If your recipe includes "Cream of ... Soup" or "Old Elpaso Enchilada Sauce" or "a packet of taco seasoning" your recipe is not authentic and you will be punched. You've been warned.

you get the meaning of "authentic." RESPECT!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    i wouldnt kno how to provide you with the recipe but some of my favorite dishes : Entomatadas (basically enchiladas but with tomato sauce) and Mole (pronounced mo-lay). and if your adventurous: Lengua!!

and to clear the record...as a full blooded MEXICAN...we do use crockpots and extra seasonings and things like that. we arent lazy, but we aint stupid either. Gracias.
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Yum, gotta make some of these.