what my skinny friends say

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    She mentioned her "friends" so I think we can make the assumption that she knows what their food habits are.

The only person (who doesn't have access to my logs on here) that "knows my eating habits" is my husband. And even HE probably didn't realize how addicted to chocolate I am until he gained access to my logs on here. There isn't a single other person who sees me eat more than one meal a day. Ever. And I am waaaay better about eating a healthy lunch during the work week than I am during the weekend or dinner so my coworkers probably think I eat great all the time. And if you saw me eat out at a social event, you'd think I have a great metabolism because I eat whatever the heck I want and easily over a thousand in one sitting. Once a week, every few weeks.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    number 1, your friends are kind of rude. and number 2, it's stupid to assume that because someone is skinny, they are just naturally that way and don't have to work for it.

This. I doubt you are that much different to them. But its rude for them to bang on about it unless you are asking for advice.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    the only reason i said they are naturally skinny is that '' they are '' my friends '' neverrrr work out ''' they '' hate it '' , i live on the 2nd floor so when they come by my place they wait out side my building so that they wouldn't have to take the stairs, cuz the 2nd floor is too much for them '' p.s: it's what they say '' , walking in the street for them is just stupid cuz we can just take a taxi , so i am not trying to not give credit to all the peoplewho work hard to take care of their body or disrespect anyone but some people don't work out and they eat what ever they want and still they don't put on any weight
    In that case what you said in your first post doesn't ring true, why would they say "do what we do" if they really don't do anything better than you diet or exercise wise.

Really theres no such thing as being naturally thin or fat.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD CRUSH THEM
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You keep using the word friends.... i do not think it means what you think it does.

Seriously those are more Frenemies and not friends. Find new friends.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD CRUSH THEM

NO! she should EAT them!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD CRUSH THEM

NO! she should EAT them!

SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    number 1, your friends are kind of rude. and number 2, it's stupid to assume that because someone is skinny, they are just naturally that way and don't have to work for it.

This. I have to work my *kitten* off to maintain.
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a sister who has been able to eat anything all her life, and she did not exercise either. I was just the opposite after my baby, I had a hard time losing, although I have been successfully thin several times in my life... My sister had to eat to gain weight, as sometimes she looked just like a skeleton. she would eat sweets and milkshakes, just to gain a few pounds so that she did not look so anorexic!
    Now that she's in her 60s, she is still thin, but not toned like she used to be when younger. She probably weighs about 110--115 lbs soaking wet, and that's probably the most she's weighed in her life!
    Actually someone who knows us both saw her in the store the other day and commented to me that as I lose weight, we are starting to look alike... Still, as far as weight and body build, she takes after Dad's side of the family and I take after Moms!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i would applaud your friends for keeping it real with you and trying to help. stop feeling sorry for yourself and taking everything personally.
  • felice03
    Options
    YOU SHOULD CRUSH THEM

NO! she should EAT them!

SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN

I hate when I don't pick up on a quote... :drinker:
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I hate this terminology- skinny and fat! It really messes with someones head to fit into those stereotypes.

Healthy, lean, fit, strong, and if working toward that, I want to be healthier, leaner, fitter, stronger. Those other words are degrading and have no purpose in my vocabulary.

I teach fitness classes, Zumba and all its formats 5-7 times a week, (sometimes more when I get crazy). I have another 65-70 lbs to lose. I have lost a lot of weight. But I am very fit for my body weight, I am not as lean as most of the other instructors there, but I will get there, and they are awesome in their support of my hard work. And they take my classes too. One thing I notice about these very lean, superfit instructors. The are aware of every bite of food they eat. Some obessively so, but isn't that key to what we are doing here? Learning to record and be aware of everything we put into our bodies? The other thing they do, they cross train all the time. If they teach one format primarily, they'll take a different class. They also are always weight training.

I am learning from them how to be leaner and stronger and healthier, and that is my goal as a fitness instructor to continue to teach this as well. And to lead by example :)
    Be good to yourself, love you for who you are, accept you will never be like anyone else, and make you be the best you can be- that is the greatest reward in self accomplishment! :)
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i would applaud your friends for keeping it real with you and trying to help. stop feeling sorry for yourself and taking everything personally.

Well that is about an unproductive as one could get! Seriously? That is not supportive. Arranging to go work out together, without making someone feel bad, that is support. No need to draw attention to the fact that she is overweight, she already knows.

These would be X friends very quickly for me- life is too short to indulge negative people, unless they are relatives, and then we choose what we tolerate
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love when my friends are hard on me. It's strangers I could give a damn about.

You'd be surprised how many skinny people are offended by pointing at their smallness.

I think they're doing it out of love. Maybe they've realized that being 'nice' about it isn't helping you with results...

either that..that's why you're here..LET'S DO IT!
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    true, there was a 'nicer' way to go about it. but seriously, im bitter toward people who dont tell it like it is.

'oooohhh you're not fat, you're tall so you carry it sooooo welllll!' <-- BS

women rely a lot on their friends. and im sure they didnt say it as negatively as shes taken it. women tend to internalize things and take them personally.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I had a pizza pop for lunch today. I haven't had pizza pops in a very long time. (And good reason - omg 520 cals for TWO???)

Anyways, I'm in the lunch room heating up my pizza pops, and a coworker says to me... *sigh* i work so hard to keep my weight under control, and you're so thin and get to eat pizza pops?

Yeah... I also box, and run, and watch my calories... I never get a chance to watch TV and am on the go from 6am until sometimes 1am.

ASSUME -- *kitten* - U - ME.

The rudeness that you guys show each other is a bit shocking though!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Anyone above the age of like 22 has to WORK at being thin. If they eat too much... and don't exercise guess what? They too... will gain weight.

Really? I'm pretty sure that once I hit 22, I didn't have to work at being thin... I was still thin, but just out of shape.

To OP:
    FInd new friends.
  • felice03
    Options
    I had a pizza pop for lunch today. I haven't had pizza pops in a very long time. (And good reason - omg 520 cals for TWO???)

Anyways, I'm in the lunch room heating up my pizza pops, and a coworker says to me... *sigh* i work so hard to keep my weight under control, and you're so thin and get to eat pizza pops?

Yeah... I also box, and run, and watch my calories... I never get a chance to watch TV and am on the go from 6am until sometimes 1am.

uuuummmmmm.....what is a pizza pop...please tell me it is pizza on a stick. and then please tell me when I can get them.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

uuuummmmmm.....what is a pizza pop...please tell me it is pizza on a stick. and then please tell me when I can get them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_Pops

DAYUM... I'm hungry again...

Pizza_Pops.jpg