Should I count it?

Options
Hey guys I'm wondering whether or not I should count one of my jobs as exercise. I work behind the grill of my campus center. What this entails is working behind the hot flattop making nonsense food, working the fryers, making the sandwiches, and running back and forth. So essentially i'm asking all of you whether I should count it. I'm not sure if i'll count it the entire time I work. I work for about 4 hours and was thinking of logging it for like 2.5 hrs because the calorie burned sounds slightly more reasonable.

Thank you!

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    For myself, I think about the difference between activity and exercise. I only count my intentional exercise - the exercise where I "put the shoes on", or in my case, put the swim suit on. I don't count doing my laundry which involves walking from one end of the house to another, or my walk from the parking lot to my office, Those things definitely keep me active, and I generally take the long way around and more trips these days, but it's not intentional exercise
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You'd probably be surprised to find out how few extra calories you actually burn at your job. It takes concerted effort to get your HR up into a zone where you are burning significantly more calories. Count it as a bonus on your weight loss journey and stick to logging intentional exercise that gets your heart rate up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Use this as a guideline going forward: if you feel the need to ask if you should count it, then you should not count it.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Negative
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Use this as a guideline going forward: if you feel the need to ask if you should count it, then you should not count it.

I like that! Will keep it in mind!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should put it as part of your job description in the settings? ^^ I.e light or moderate activity job ^^