Why Are YOU Doing This??

Options

Replies

• shianneerin
    Options
    For me, it is not about the way I look. It is about being healthy for my daughters. I want them to look up to me as a role model in every aspect - health, confidence, intelligence, etc. If that means getting fit, then I will do that.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It cannot be overstated that a slimline waist will make my willy look bigger too.

It's all relative, innit? :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I want it to be legit when my kids say, "my dad can beat up your dad."
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I want it to be legit when my kids say, "my dad can beat up your dad."

I like this one!! lol
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete dork and wanna look better in costumes at my nerdy conventions XD

also my family have a history of high cholesterol and blood pressure. I want to get into good habits NOW so i don't have to go on meds later :)

I am the same way ;)

I am in a relationship with a man who has loved me at my heaviest and will continue to love me regardless so I don't need to 'attract' anyone but it makes me feel nice to be able to give him a 'hot girlfriend' that his friends can envy - and it would also help him with his self image.

My main reason is because when I look at my family they are all above 300lbs (or look like it) my aunt is borderline diabetic, my mom is suffering pain from the excess weight and I don't want to deal with that stuff. I want to be able to walk at a brisk pace until I die and keep up with my skinny boyfriend on his 12mile/20k hikes (he was very impressed with the last one I did with him)

Also to try to set an example for those around me that you can lose weight without having to kill yourself ;)
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had some vague aspirations of finding out how society treats a skinnier person, and how would it affect my mood. And obviously it just makes life easier not getting out of breath doing simple things, and not perspiring like a hog at summertime.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It was for me. I woke up one day and wanted to stop feeling the way I did about myself. I am engaged and yes, after I started my journey, the other benefits started popping up. Looking great on my wedding day(especially since it's an outdoor, summer wedding) being able to run around and play with my niece. But the reason I started was 100% just for me. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to love what I saw. I wanted to become the best version of myself I knew I could be.
  • NMGiorgi
    Options
    i want to be comfortable enough to walk around a waterpark in my bikini. i dont want to be skinny i just want to be flat belly and toner legs
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have things to do and places to go and possibly men to seduce. Being fat just gets in the way.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It's purely about health and fitness. I follow my kids love of exercise & fitness and they follow my love of cooking & nutrition. It's a perfect mix for enjoyment of life.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I was told that at 49 I am too old to donate a kidney to my son. Later, I found out it was really because of my weight. If that wasn't a wake up call! I have been tested and am a great match. Im grateful that I still have time to get my act together for when the time comes.

Not much better in the world than a Mother.
  • RogerLowen
    RogerLowen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me and my future with my family. I want to enjoy everything the rest of my life has to offer, instead of always sitting on the side lines. I want to be comfortable for once, I want to have nice clothes again, I want to sit at the front of the room instead of trying to hide. I don't want to feel embarrassed or out of place in any situation. I NEED this for my health. I want to feel proud of myself again. Most of all I am doing this for me.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Because life is not a dress rehearsal
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can. Because I don't want to rely on medication to keep me going as Iget older. Because I want to see all of my kids grown up,and while they are growing up I want to have the best quality time with them that I can. Because I want to be able to go anywhere and know I will fit into the seats ( I can now woohoo!!!). And because I want to look better!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight and am losing weight to look hot and sexy as well. I want to look at myself and feel good about myself. Look great naked.
    I love to run so I want to get back to my fitness level before I had kids.
    Along this journey that has been the best part. having the energy to do what I want and just doing it. No question about it because now I have the stamina and strength to workout like I used to.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am doing this because I don't like the person I am and have become, and who knows, I might meet that special someone along the way.
  • radargal
    Options
    Because I've lost the same 20 pounds 6 times in the last 10 years. I'm going to make sure that this is the last time I lose those 20 pounds. I'm going to be as healthy and fit (at 49) as I can be - and 50 won't be a dreaded milestone - it will be an accomplishment!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm still not completely sure what sparked it in the end.

Having 2 very young kids was one thing. I dont want them to ever remember having overweight parents and thinking that was normal (and ultimately the way they may end up). At least if im doing it now by the time they get good solid memories i should be trim! (one is 2, the other 3 months).

I would say health but to be honest i ignored it for so long i dont see how its suddently became important. It is now im doing it for real but i dont think it kickstarted it.

Generally I just got fed up with making excuses. Weight loss was always for other people. I was always the big man, people would still fear me and not mention my weight and I had everything i needed so why should i change? Eventually i got tired of my own excuses and just did it. I'm not really enjoying it!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I want to look as hot and sexy as I feel. :-P
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For a few reasons:
    1. Look and feel healthy
    2. Not be the one they say "Hey Big Guy" to when meeting up with old friends.
    3. Finally feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the lake or pool.