double check your weight?

Options
who else gets on the scale a couple of times to make sure its right? I always weigh myself when i first wake up after i pee. this morning i got on and the first time it said 178 (NOOO) and when i tried a bunch more times it was saying 175.4 a bunch .. i waited a few minutes and it says 176.. so i recorded at 176.... comments?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hit the scale with a big hammer until you get the number you really want :wink:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    it is nothing but a number. I know it the whole "weight loss" process you want to see that scale move...but trust me STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE! That 1 pound difference means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I do, first time is a ranging shot just to see, then back on a couple of times more, if they are all the same then that is what it is. Luckily my digital scale is mostly consistent, just my weight is not always, but that I expect as I weigh daily, first thing, after a wee
  • lovebizaar
    lovebizaar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My scale does this too, it's a Weight Watchers scale, but the scale I weigh in at work as soon as I get to work, never changes it's very accurate and I go by that. I can get on my WW scale and weight several times it will flucuate with in 5 pounds, enough to drive me crazy.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You mean I'm not the only one ;-)...sadly, yes I've done this too. And when I see a significant change UP I can usually pin it on salt in something I've eaten the day before. Not much of a salt person so restaurant food or stir-fries with soy will usually bump the scale up on me but it settles down in a couple of days.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    who else gets on the scale a couple of times to make sure its right? I always weigh myself when i first wake up after i pee. this morning i got on and the first time it said 178 (NOOO) and when i tried a bunch more times it was saying 175.4 a bunch .. i waited a few minutes and it says 176.. so i recorded at 176.... comments?

I must admit I do the same. I usually weigh myself 3-4 times to make sure it's right and if the numbers fluctuate I record the average :)
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thats what I do i get on the scale untill I am happy with what the scales says lol :laugh:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    OMG. I just did this same thing this morning, lol. I didn't record anything yet though because it said down about 2 lbs. I have been plateaued for 3 weeks and want to try again tomorrow and see if it sticks. Yes, my husband thinks I'm crazy :smile:
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    If you have a cheaper spring scale, you should actually step on and off a few times, make sure it 0's, and then weigh yourself. Otherwise, eh, it's just a number.
  • milfy47
    milfy47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    stand up straight...lean forward...lean backward...put your feet closer to the top...put your feet closer to the bottom...it's a fun exercise in the morning...LOL! I average it out.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen to me as well. I was curious because I have read that your weight will go up and down during the day. I weighed myself several times one day just to see and actually had as much as a 4 pound difference. At first I thought something was wrong with the scale. So then I grabbed my 2 pound weights (2 of them) and put them on each time and each time they came up 4 pounds. I wonder if it has something to do with how the weight is being distributed when it actually records it. Remember the scale is just one was to help track progress. Write down all your starting measurements and don't forget to notice how you feel and how your clothes fit.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you have a cheaper spring scale, you should actually step on and off a few times, make sure it 0's, and then weigh yourself. Otherwise, eh, it's just a number.

ya, its a cheap scale so that is what i do
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I always double check when I weigh-in. Just to be 100%. :wink:
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hit the scale with a big hammer until you get the number you really want :wink:

Tthis one was too funny! Love it!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Yeah I would. Scales are misleading in general though
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen to me as well. I was curious because I have read that your weight will go up and down during the day. I weighed myself several times one day just to see and actually had as much as a 4 pound difference. At first I thought something was wrong with the scale. So then I grabbed my 2 pound weights (2 of them) and put them on each time and each time they came up 4 pounds. I wonder if it has something to do with how the weight is being distributed when it actually records it. Remember the scale is just one was to help track progress. Write down all your starting measurements and don't forget to notice how you feel and how your clothes fit.

ya, i know your weight fluctuates throughout the day, that is why i only weigh myself first thing in the morning after peeing, because that is the lightest you'll be all day.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    maybe replace the scale. Mine is always right on. I usually check it by putting a 25lb weight on it to test for accuracy
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself 3 times, take an average and record that number as my weight. The scale is usually a lb. or 2 more when I step on the second time and the third reading is usually the same as the first.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I usually only do this if I am several pounds lighter than the last time. I just want to make sure it is for real before I get excited about it!!!