System/Colon Cleanse

Options

Replies

• RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You have a functioning body correct? That's all you need to cleanse. Our body is a wonderful machine and does a great job at cleansing itself when you eat right, drink water, etc. THe hype of the body building up toxins is a load of crap and an idea made up by the drug companies wanting people to spend money on their "cleanses" which are basically expensive laxatives.

^^This.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Clean ultra filtered water is a good no carb detox/cleanser
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    A very nice healthy veggie soup, lots of fresh clean water, and yoga---it's not a fast but it is a healthy way to reset. I think it is the best cleanse to do. Since there are a lot if snarky responses I just want to add this is a serious response.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    All the joking aside, since the majority of people and the entire medical profession think that cleanses are unnecessary at best, and dangerous at the worst... have you considered counselling?

When you speak of the entire medical profession you must be speaking of Western medicine (which I put very little faith in.) Most Eastern philosophies believe and encourage the occasional fast/cleanse. I would much rather treat the problem than deal with the symptoms. : )

You work with special needs kids? What Eastern Philosophies do you recommend to replace their meds?

I'm glad berating people on the internet is high on your priority list.

Look dude, I'm a firm believe in western medicine. My entire family works in one form of the medical field or another. They have still shown that gobs of eastern medicine can be extremely helpful. Nobody suggested taking kids meds away.

Look dudette,

The OP plainly stated a preference for "Eastern philosophies" over "western medicine."
    I am challenging that by pointing out what should be an obvious disconnect.
    And this thread was aimed at her own personal health, not the medications of special needs children. Sis she say se was going to put all those kids on a fast? NO. This is about her, and if her medical issues can be dealt with naturally, than so be it. What gives you the right to tell someone else how to live their life?

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and having basic human decency to accept the fact that other people will live THEIR lives the way THEY see fit.

I don't think you've ready anything I've written.
    I would never propose that she should not do whatever she feels she wants to do with her body. Could really care less.

I was doing nothing more than challenging the notion of Eastern Philosophy being better than Western Medicine and wondering how a person who works in a field so dependent on western medicine reconciled that intellectual conflict.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    All the joking aside, since the majority of people and the entire medical profession think that cleanses are unnecessary at best, and dangerous at the worst... have you considered counselling?

When you speak of the entire medical profession you must be speaking of Western medicine (which I put very little faith in.) Most Eastern philosophies believe and encourage the occasional fast/cleanse. I would much rather treat the problem than deal with the symptoms. : )

You work with special needs kids? What Eastern Philosophies do you recommend to replace their meds?

Look dude, I'm a firm believe in western medicine. My entire family works in one form of the medical field or another. They have still shown that gobs of eastern medicine can be extremely helpful. Nobody suggested taking kids meds away.

Look dudette,

The OP plainly stated a preference for "Eastern philosophies" over "western medicine."
    And this thread was aimed at her own personal health, not the medications of special needs children. Sis she say se was going to put all those kids on a fast? NO. This is about her, and if her medical issues can be dealt with naturally, than so be it. What gives you the right to tell someone else how to live their life?

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and having basic human decency to accept the fact that other people will live THEIR lives the way THEY see fit.

I would never propose that she should not do whatever she feels she wants to do with her body. Could really care less.

I was doing nothing more than challenging the notion of Eastern Philosophy being better than Western Medicine and wondering how a person who works in a field so dependent on western medicine reconciled that intellectual conflict.
    Bull. If you had worded it like that at the beginning it would have been respectful. The way you did word it was inflammatory. Someone stated their personal belief and you outright attacked her. Now that I'm calling you on your crap you are backpedaling.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I believe she clearly explained she wasn't pushing this on anyone, and she was clear on the fact that she wasn't using this to loose weight.
    If you do not fast, or know nothing about it back off.

she didn't ask about fasts. she asked about cleanses. i wouldn't give anybody grief for occasionally fasting. but if anyone asks about cleanses, i'll say what i did... they are a scam and a waste of money. it's her money if she wants to waste it and if the placebo effect makes her feel better, then fine, go for it. maybe burn some $100 bills with your lighter while you're at it, but some cleanses can actually harm you.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Look dudette,

Bull. If you had worded it like that at the beginning it would have been respectful. The way you did word it was inflammatory. Someone stated their personal belief and you outright attacked her. Now that I'm calling you on your crap you are backpedaling.

You are calling me on the crap you made up in your head and assigned to me.
    I have a special needs child. The attitude of care providers is very relevant to me. I was saying and intending exactly what I explained. Just because it got past your towering intellect doesn't mean there was any evil intent on my part.

Perhaps you should cleanse...could only help.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Look dudette,

You are calling me on the crap you made up in your head and assigned to me.
    I have a special needs child. The attitude of care providers is very relevant to me. I was saying and intending exactly what I explained. Just because it got past your towering intellect doesn't mean there was any evil intent on my part.

Perhaps you should cleanse...could only help.

So you are actually interested in using alternative medicine for your special needs child? Not looking for an argument?
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I did the mean green "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" Juice fast for two weeks. I felt great, lost weight, and it did clear me out (If you know what I mean.) That's how I lost the first 12 lbs of my weight loss journey thus far. (Down 62 now! woohoo!)

It was recommended by my nutritionist and my doctor. Nobody gets rich in the process because you make it yourself with fruits and veggies.

I also love how nobody else has seemed to answer her question and has still made this thread about arguing over fasts and cleanses in general. If you come across a thread that specifically says it doesn't want the typical fasting argument in it, and the typical fasting argument is all you can think of to say, feel free to just shut up.

Hi girl, I have done reboot fast, and continue juicing most everyday. It works great and I recommend everyone to check out that website http://www.jointhereboot.com

For everyone - if most of us (not everyone) would eat healthy, we would not need detox & cleanse, but we don't and that's why we are here, backed-up with over processed food, with full belies and starving bodies.

Our bodies are not created to deal with all the chemicals that food is packed with. We live in toxic environment, and eating healthy and nutritious food is not 100% possible.

Now, quick - find something healthy, like freshly milled flour whole wheat bread made with seeds and nuts, and honey, get an organic salad on a side, and enjoy!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    enough...you have hijacked a thread
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do a raw day once a week.. eat how much i want but just fruits and raw salad veg, nuts and dry fruits. It just makes me feel better. I have read that how the colon of a human being is not equipped to digest meat and dairy and what we do eat lines the wall of our colon and collects up as rotting residue (Yuck!) ... so i like the idea of cleaning this out once a while - I also have a cup of cleansing herbal tea once a month to just clean house. Key is to never over do it, the body will cleanse itself sure, but it makes you feel great, clean and light to help it along once a while..
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Can the OP tell me what she expects to reset or what toxins need to be removed? You always hear about this but no one seems to mention just exactly what is going to happen, well other than the obvious. Is my reset button up my *kitten* somewhere?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I did the mean green "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" Juice fast for two weeks. I felt great, lost weight, and it did clear me out (If you know what I mean.) That's how I lost the first 12 lbs of my weight loss journey thus far. (Down 62 now! woohoo!)

It was recommended by my nutritionist and my doctor. Nobody gets rich in the process because you make it yourself with fruits and veggies.

I also love how nobody else has seemed to answer her question and has still made this thread about arguing over fasts and cleanses in general. If you come across a thread that specifically says it doesn't want the typical fasting argument in it, and the typical fasting argument is all you can think of to say, feel free to just shut up.

Hi girl, I have done reboot fast, and continue juicing most everyday. It works great and I recommend everyone to check out that website http://www.jointhereboot.com

For everyone - if most of us (not everyone) would eat healthy, we would not need detox & cleanse, but we don't and that's why we are here, backed-up with over processed food, with full belies and starving bodies.

Our bodies are not created to deal with all the chemicals that food is packed with. We live in toxic environment, and eating healthy and nutritious food is not 100% possible.

Now, quick - find something healthy, like freshly milled flour whole wheat bread made with seeds and nuts, and honey, get an organic salad on a side, and enjoy!

Even when I eat "processed" food, it finds its way to the exit. My belly is full only until it moves the food into the intestines.

And your "healthy" food does not sound particularly healthy to me. In fact, it sounds very "processed".
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I do a raw day once a week.. eat how much i want but just fruits and raw salad veg, nuts and dry fruits. It just makes me feel better. I have read that how the colon of a human being is not equipped to digest meat and dairy and what we do eat lines the wall of our colon and collects up as rotting residue (Yuck!) ... so i like the idea of cleaning this out once a while - I also have a cup of cleansing herbal tea once a month to just clean house. Key is to never over do it, the body will cleanse itself sure, but it makes you feel great, clean and light to help it along once a while..

Absolutely false information - in the absence of a couple of very specific chronic medical conditions the only people that will tell you that you have 20lb or rotting food in your colon are the quacks selling "cleanse" & "detox" products. This is the very reason that people get a little vocal about this topic, anyone telling you this is scamming you.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara, I have tried different fasting and detox options over the years and have educated myself as I went along. I have done colon cleanse, water fast, juice fast, and Daniel Fast. There are pro's and con's as you know.

Several month ago I discovered this website (see link below) that has a lot of great advice (articles, free podcasts) from reliable source. B. Richards explains and makes point why slow process is better than 3-10 day fast diarrhea approach.
    I got and currently am taking these 3 supplements, one is Fiber Helper which helps with what you are looking for, but nothing as drastic as colon cleanse program.
    -- Daily Balancer protects your liver and provides nutrients that help to clear a wide variety of common metabolic waste products as well as pollution and toxic metals like mercury.*
    -- Immune Plus naturally activates macrophages in your lymph system to enhance your own housecleaning operation.*
    -- Fiber Helper superior forms of soluble fiber that mix easily, have a pleasant taste (not sweetened at all), are not gas forming, and help absorb toxins in your GI tract for easy elimination.*

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health_topics/detoxification.php

Free onlline podcasts on different topics http://www.wellnessresources.com/classes.php

You forgot to include the disclaimer associated with the asterisk after each health claim.
    *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Note: the asterisk mark following a paragraph and linking to the above FDA disclaimer applies to any or all statements in that paragraph.
  • Sarahcuda
    Options

Nice change of subject. Just because a child is special ed does not mean they are on meds.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bunch of grumpy people here. What ya all eating to be so grumpy? :)
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    Can the OP tell me what she expects to reset or what toxins need to be removed? You always hear about this but no one seems to mention just exactly what is going to happen, well other than the obvious. Is my reset button up my *kitten* somewhere?

Reset metabolism. Remove toxins including pesticides and heavy metals.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Absolutely false information - in the absence of a couple of very specific chronic medical conditions the only people that will tell you that you have 20lb or rotting food in your colon are the quacks selling "cleanse" & "detox" products. This is the very reason that people get a little vocal about this topic, anyone telling you this is scamming you.

I know what you are trying to say about the 20lbs and the barrage of products claiming this or that. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water. It defies logic to think every one of us has a squeaky clean colon. Just ask any colonoscopy tech/nurse not all colons are the same! Gross I know. My contention is that a soup or juice fast done once or twice a year helps clean the colon and is a good way to reset both our minds and bodies. People have been doing this for centuries because it feels good (traditionally done in spring and/ or fall just as we tend to clean our homes ). Of course the body does it naturally but fruits and veggies deserve a lot of the credit too!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of spoonfuls of flax meal a day in yogurt, and drink plenty of water...A clean colon is a healthy colon..