Upset - Need to Vent!

Options
124»

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have heard of them and you were definitely right to take a stand! Good for you! You probably saved some kids from getting scammed today! I'd report him to student affairs for sure.

Yes, that is where I'm coming from. I wasn't trying to jeopardize that guys job. I was just trying to prevent other kids from losing money.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Your university is more than likely participating in this "scam" and getting a cut if they allowed the kiosk. Approach your university and ask them to ban the company. Provide your evidence of scam, and a petition of students who agree, if possible.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    shoulda kicked him in the junk. no, seriously.........
  • lizblizz2012
    Options
    Your university is more than likely participating in this "scam" and getting a cut if they allowed the kiosk. Approach your university and ask them to ban the company. Provide your evidence of scam, and a petition of students who agree, if possible.

I notified the university and filed a complaint with the BBB. We have a career center that allows companies looking for employees to come to the school and recruit, and they allow pretty much anyone to do that so I doubt they even looked into Vector when the company asked to come. But they know now! :)
  • lizblizz2012
    Options
    shoulda kicked him in the junk. no, seriously.........

Haha I'm not THAT robust. I wish my husband would have been there. The situation would have ended sooner. Man even the girl behind the counter of the coffee shop was wide-eyed.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Although I agree that Vector is a scam, get over it.

You made him feel dumb. What did you expect him to do? Just let you say whatever you wanted and not say something back? This is the real world. Feel free to say whatever you want to anyone you want to, but expect that they will respond in kind.

Unless he touched you, you are overreacting.

I don't think that ever gives a professional man the right to follow a young woman and harass her in public. I wasn't rude. I didn't stand on the table and shout that the guy was a moron. I declined the invitation to apply because I knew it was a scam, and then I calmly walked away.

Anyone has the right to say anything they want at any time. "Professional man" "young woman", it seems like you are actually the same age. You didn't just decline the invitation, you said it was a scam. You said it in a way that could be heard by others. Why shouldn't he have the right to express his feelings as well? You were interrupting his job--maybe a job he really believed in. You were hurting his business. You should expect him to be pissed. Yes, you have the right to your opinion and to express it. However, when you express your opinion, you shouldn't be offended or surprised when someone expresses their opinion back to you.

I don't care how pissed off you are, a man should never follow and confront a woman like that.

Oh please. Men have the right to confront women. Get over it.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

You made him feel dumb. What did you expect him to do? Just let you say whatever you wanted and not say something back? This is the real world. Feel free to say whatever you want to anyone you want to, but expect that they will respond in kind.

I don't think that ever gives a professional man the right to follow a young woman and harass her in public. I wasn't rude. I didn't stand on the table and shout that the guy was a moron. I declined the invitation to apply because I knew it was a scam, and then I calmly walked away.

Anyone has the right to say anything they want at any time. "Professional man" "young woman", it seems like you are actually the same age. You didn't just decline the invitation, you said it was a scam. You said it in a way that could be heard by others. Why shouldn't he have the right to express his feelings as well? You were interrupting his job--maybe a job he really believed in. You were hurting his business. You should expect him to be pissed. Yes, you have the right to your opinion and to express it. However, when you express your opinion, you shouldn't be offended or surprised when someone expresses their opinion back to you.

Stalking or harrassment is NOT a right

It wasn't stalking or harassment. Don't use legal terms unless you know the definition.
  • lizblizz2012
    Options

Stalking or harrassment is NOT a right

It wasn't stalking or harassment. Don't use legal terms unless you know the definition.

I'm not claiming that he stalked me (even though being followed is quite creepy and impolite) but he did harass me.

The legal definition of harassment:

Harassment (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands.

Ahem. He was continued, unwanted, and annoying. And he made many demands. Your argument is invalid.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I don't care how pissed off you are, a man should never follow and confront a woman like that.

Oh please. Men have the right to confront women. Get over it.

If you will take a closer look at my previous statement, you will notice that I never said a man doesn't have the right to confront a woman. But there are proper and improper ways to do it. Not to mention the fact that just because someone has the right to do something, doesn't mean that it should always be done. People need to use a little discretion in their decision making.

I'm sorry, as a grown man, the thought of following a 20-year old young woman in order to corner and berate her would never enter my mind. Nor would it enter the mind of any other grown man I associate with. Those are the actions of an insecure little punk, not a man.